Let's Talk About... Aging, Beauty, Body Image & Identity Crises 💀💀

I spent time living in the south. Picked up that handy general neutral collective pronoun: y'all

Seriously, the first time I said it naturally my eyes grew wide and I exclaimed "I just y'alled, y'all!"

'twas cute

(And did you know there is an entire state called South Australia??)
The more you know 😊

OMG for maybe 25 posts or so i thought we were talking about make-up.
And i'm all "what's wrong with make-up? it's pretty! it's like art, but on a face!"
i am so fucking blonde.

agree, excellent thread honey, you know how to start 'em! and i'll be round back these parts in a bit.

I spent time living in the south. Picked up that handy general neutral collective pronoun: y'all
😂
Seriously, the first time I said it naturally my eyes grew wide and I exclaimed "I just y'alled, y'all!"

'twas cute strong 💪🏻 work

(And did you know there is an entire state called South Australia??) this I didn’t know

I swear to god, if you’re comparing me to cowslinger…
350496ab837691c94e9b42bc620a22624caded04.gif

It's almost too easy

Responding to the original poster’s questions…

So where are you? and how do you feel about it?

In baseball terms, I am in about the 8th inning. Happy to be alive with good health.

What are you currently working on? Where are you struggling, and where do you feel like you've been making progress?

I work to stay healthy and fit. I play golf and walk a lot. Stay mentally active with reading and Literotica fun.

What is your relationship to your body?

It is a bit battered, mainly in the heart health department, but I cater to it. Have battled with depression and anxiety for over 40 years, but I have been in a stable place for some years. Take my medications, eat (reasonably) heart healthy. Almost everything still works. Erections need a little help from a vacuum pump, but all in all, it is good.

Do you see yourself as valuable, worthy and deserving of a rich, fulfilling life?

Many of the people I knew or worked with have passed away. I am still here. I think it is for the purpose of enjoying the time and circumstances I find myself in. I had a good work career, raised a great family with whom I am still close, and am in good stead with my higher power.

Are you mostly content with the person you've become and the life that you've created, or if not, what changes would you like to make?

I am an introvert and see no need to change that. I have a few regrets, but none that have proved fatal. 😊 I have been single for a long time, and would love to have a fulfilling relationship with a woman, and occasionally do take steps in that direction.

Like the Eagles’ song: “Take it easy, don’t let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy”.

I suspect that if I write this again next week, I may have different feelings, but this is a snapshot for now. Cheers to all…

Hey guys!! 🥰

I haven't been very present here. It's tempting to apologize, but my absence means that I finally have a life that I'm no longer trying to escape (🥳), so no way in hell I'm apologizing for that.

Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to join in the conversation. 💗

Also, Trekka! 😘
. . . . . . . .

COMFORT ZONES > > > > >

Confession: Sometimes I think about joining a roller derby team. I can't begin to tell you how far out of my comfort zone that would be. Crazy far. But my internal voice of courage and adventure that held her tongue for so many years has a MOUTH on her that just keeps getting louder and louder. Because I look at my kids, and I look at the people I love, and I look at strangers in the world around me, and there's so much fear and pain holding them back - if I can can do anything, say anything, be anything that moves them even one step forward into a future of joyous discovery... well, I don't want to leave it undone.

So I'm taking my kids skating at a roller rink. Some of them have never been! I will likely fall on my ass, but if I don't take them, if I don't get out there, what are the chances they will go on their own?

Tell me about your current comfort zone. How are you stretching and growing, or are you in a season of resting? Where are you needing to take a chance and nudge yourself into your joyous future of discovery?

Back