Let's play 'Name That Thread'

TheRedChamber

Apprentice
A week or so ago @MediocreAuthor posted an earnest plea about thread-hijacking. Which pretty much all regular posters promised earnestly to completely ignore. Therefore, I'd like to offer up a little light divertment. How well do you know your Literotica threads? Simply match the quotes with the appropriate thread. Names have been removed to protect the guilty. We have 10 quotes and 15 possible thread topics from the front page just now.

No cheating by looking things up...

Falling in love with your own characters
Lesbian category
Entering the Wilderness
Adopting a story/series?
Well-written vs grammatically correct
Writing non-linearly
Is half the site dead?
Is it off-putting to write condoms in sex scenes?
Erotica versus Sex Fiction
Mom son incest
Nothing whatsoever to do with writing, but…
Romance vs Erotic Couplings
Hmm, is there a 'Loving Husbands' category?
What I learned from publishing a Loving Wives story
How should you write bra sizes?

We'll start with a nice easy one.

There speaks a man who's never retrieved a condom, that's slipped off, while pondering the consequences.

Never trust a wombat who shoots up the place and doesn't stick around to pay for his roots. That's one nasty wombat.

I hadn't heard this lesson before. I like it.

Or, to quote Mike Tyson, "Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the face."

I can’t take whips. Or won’t rather. Not proper whips anyway.

Too much skill required by the person wielding it and too much danger of injuries greater than intended.

I stick to whip-like things, like dragon tails. Or floggers. Or crops. Or paddles. Or straps. Or canes… I guess you get the idea.

Have you met England's coast? :ROFLMAO: The only tanned people here emerge from sunbeds. All the rest are lobster-pink

That's the reason Laurel banned scat.

Useless trivia, I have never been in a strip club, I think men make idiots of themselves there. I can do that in a multitude of other places.

That's a bit harsh, but not untrue. I don't think Lovecraft is famous so much for his prose, as for his imagination, and the influence that he exerted on the horror industry as a whole.

Let's put an end to this nonsense of "I enjoy writing." You may enjoy weaving stories in your head, fantasizing, and basking in the attention afterward, but it's not accurate to say you enjoy writing. There is no such thing. Drafting and polishing are tedious and exhausting tasks, and anyone who claims otherwise is simply deceiving themselves.
There is no uniform audience; each reader has their own preferences. I guess the vast majority wishes to read something captivating, evocative, and emotionally impactful. Attempting to assume knowledge of the audience's thoughts or desires is not only megalomaniacal but also foolish.

This thread is very informative and useful.
Will still probably forget all the top advice when submitting my next story.

Last edited:
I think I read pretty much all of those quotes, but I'm damned if I can place them (particularly with a mother/daughter domestic in the background which I'm trying to studiously ignore).

EDIT: one is even a reply to something I posted!

(particularly with a mother/daughter domestic in the background which I'm trying to studiously ignore).
I've probably been on Lit too long when I see the words 'mother/daughter...in the background' and just can't parse it as anything other than, well,... I mean the word 'domestic' was right there and still...

Last edited:
Get in there you big furry oaf, I don't care what you smell.

And we might leave it at that :censored:

Of course not - every thread ends in a Star Wars reference. It wouldn't have been fair.
Usually I go off course with some reference to Sunset Boulevard (the movie) or the Napoleonic wars. Anyway, I do recognize many of those, but I don't have the patience to actually match them up with a thread. I will admit to something: wasn't that Mike Tyson quote one of mine? I don't remember the context, however.

#4 is me. But I have no idea where 😬.

Which is kinda the point I guess!

Em

I recognized only three... The troll in me is experiencing a true existential crisis :cry:

Usually I go off course with some reference to Sunset Boulevard (the movie) or the Napoleonic wars. Anyway, I do recognize many of those, but I don't have the patience to actually match them up with a thread. I will admit to something: wasn't that Mike Tyson quote one of mine? I don't remember the context, however.
No, that was me. And it was on topic, dammit!

I only knew the thread on Tilan or Tilam's bullshit statement that no one really likes or loves writing. It was the lesbian thread. I had a special interest in that and wanted to take exception with off-subject and wildly inaccurate statements. But I didn't want to fan his flames and give him more fuel for his ego fire. I do love writing the story, I enjoy the rewrite, and I don't mind doing my edits before I turn it over to a better editor than I. Hopefully, he is watching this tread, and we won't have to suffer through his response to my non-response and my response here.

I only knew the thread on Tilan or Tilam's bullshit statement that no one really likes or loves writing. It was the lesbian thread. I had a special interest in that and wanted to take exception with off-subject and wildly inaccurate statements. But I didn't want to fan his flames and give him more fuel for his ego fire. I do love writing the story, I enjoy the rewrite, and I don't mind doing my edits before I turn it over to a better editor than I. Hopefully, he is watching this tread, and we won't have to suffer through his response to my non-response and my response here.
Since you mentioned him by name, I will refer to him too. Generally, I try to avoid getting into discussions with him, although it can be so tempting that I have to bite my fingers to not type a reply.

He's going to correct you for not being sure of how to spell his name.

Number 7 is pretty funny, but I can't connect it. Number 4: thanks for sharing, but I didn't need to know that much detail.

Since you mentioned him by name, I will refer to him too. Generally, I try to avoid getting into discussions with him, although it can be so tempting that I have to bite my fingers to not type a reply.

He can correct away, and he's used both at one time or another. LOL

He always makes me think of a dodgy cheap men's aftershave that you get in a bottle that looks like Chanel No.5 but you know isn't, at fifteen bucks a bottle from Chemists' Warehouse. Which I'm sure isn't the effect he's after, but there you are.

He always makes me think of a dodgy cheap men's aftershave that you get in a bottle that looks like Chanel No.5 but you know isn't, at fifteen bucks a bottle from Chemists' Warehouse. Which I'm sure isn't the effect he's after, but there you are.

He always makes me think that it's totally legitimate, if someone has dipped the plug in tabasco, to rinse it off before inserting. And yet he seems not to have realised that...

Back