Let's Hear It For The Poets

Entwined

I was inspired to read a couple of mine as well.

Entwined

Man supplicates before a woman,
embraces flesh made marble, warmed
by superheated breath.

Lips lost in love, in lust, arms wound
tight, tighter, melt into each other
to share beating hearts and throbs.

What soothe will you caress her with,
bestow that fleeting melding of the soul
beyond which it's impossible to go?

What mere material gift can render
whole the feeling that you're hers
and she is yours?

And, when lost in thought, you mourn
her loss, what memory will bring her back?
The art embodies all of that, and more.

This poem was written for the Erotic Art Challenge, organized by greenmountaineer. It was inspired by several sculptures, starting with Vertumnus and Pomona, by Camille Claudel, followed in order by The Eternal Idol, The Kiss, and The Thinker, by Auguste Rodin.

Here's something I didn't know: "The Thinker was entitled The Poet. He represented Dante, author of the Divine Comedy which had inspired The Gates, leaning forward to observe the circles of Hell, while meditating on his work. The Thinker was therefore initially both a being with a tortured body, almost a damned soul, and a free-thinking man, determined to transcend his suffering through poetry." (from the Musée Rodin description)

It is dedicated to AlwaysHungry.

In which I take requests

I'm not sure how I feel about my read of the last two lines. I did try to do Tzara's fine poem justice.

Also I think it's my connection, but I had to reload it a few times to get it to play through. I hope it won't affect your listen. :cool:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0COOe6mePhu

I'm not sure how I feel about my read of the last two lines. I did try to do Tzara's fine poem justice.

Also I think it's my connection, but I had to reload it a few times to get it to play through. I hope it won't affect your listen. :cool:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0COOe6mePhu
There's something like a kind of joy, hearing someone else read a poem you wrote.

God. I would marry you, but that would be bigamy. :)

Helga, by Tzara

I don't like my emphasis on "too" in "too shy," but I like the rest, so here goes. Hope Tzara and Trix like it.
I don't hear much of an emphasis there, and your reading is quite beautiful and makes my poem sound better than it really is.

It's an odd thing, having one's words being read by women one might quite like but will never meet. (I'm thinking here of Angie, too, and GP, who did a wonderful reading of a poem I wrote some time ago.)

It somehow seems extremely intimate, yet distanced.

It's odd, although it shouldn't be, that your voices are more engaging than any photographs would be.

I don't hear much of an emphasis there, and your reading is quite beautiful and makes my poem sound better than it really is.

It's an odd thing, having one's words being read by women one might quite like but will never meet. (I'm thinking here of Angie, too, and GP, who did a wonderful reading of a poem I wrote some time ago.)

It's odd, although it shouldn't be, that your voices are more engaging than any photographs would be.

I love your work, and the way the ladies read it. They have such lovely restrained voices that work so well with your pieces.

I've quite enjoyed all the readings so far. I agree that it makes both the pieces and the those reading them come to life in a wonderful way.

I remember that poem, it was lovely and a privilege to put my voice to. :rose:

thanks Ange, I'm finding hard to pick a good, clear recording site......or p'raps it's my audio system. :(

thanks Ange, I'm finding hard to pick a good, clear recording site......or p'raps it's my audio system. :(

Maybe check your audio settings? I had to turn my volume down when I recorded. If I turned it up too high I got a hissing sound. I'm a real techie, eh? :rolleyes:

Tess (I hope I may still sometimes call you Tess?), what I do is record locally on my PC using the Audacity application, which is a free download from http://audacityteam.org/. This lets me make multiple recordings (I often mis-mouth words when I'm reading) and then I save the one I'm happiest with as an MP3 file. Vocaroo has an option to upload audio files, as long as they are under 50 MB.

I bought a pretty cheap USB headset to get something I could use as a microphone for recording and it's worked pretty well.

I've been completely unsuccessful in finding something to upgrade my voice, though. :rolleyes:

Your voice, as I suggested earlier, is fabulous, so that is definitely not a problem for you. :rose:

Hey y'all a little note to address some of Angeline and Tzara's concerns about recording other Lit poet's pieces. Soundcloud has a Private function. When using it, the file is only available to those you share the encoded link with rather than the whole of the Internet. Sending the private link via PM to the author and having them post it, so that they could later delete it if necessary, may alleviate some of the concerns expressed.

I'm not sure if Vocaroo has a similar function, someone who uses it could let us know. If not, I'm sure there's another way we could work it, possibly by emailing the sound file to the author and allowing them to post.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure if Vocaroo has a similar function, someone who uses it could let us know. If not, I'm sure there's another way we could work it, possibly by emailing the sound file to the author and allowing them to post.

When you record/upload at Vocaroo, it also provides a delete link. That link could also be sent to the author. Also, Vocaroo will delete the file after about three months, I think, perhaps a bit longer. Another thing to know about Vocaroo is that files there are easily downloaded.

When you record/upload at Vocaroo, it also provides a delete link. That link could also be sent to the author. Also, Vocaroo will delete the file after about three months, I think, perhaps a bit longer. Another thing to know about Vocaroo is that files there are easily downloaded.

Hmm, I'm liking Soundcloud better and better, lol. Files there can't be downloaded unless you check a box that makes it downloadable and files stay until you delete them yourself, there is no automatic deleting of files.

I was having trouble getting the avocado files but figured out a way (logistics, logistics). At any rate, all very nice recordings.

Gosh I'd love to hear Shell in a better recording - such a beautiful poem but it's very hard to hear it.

I was having trouble getting the avocado files but figured out a way (logistics, logistics). At any rate, all very nice recordings.

Gosh I'd love to hear Shell in a better recording - such a beautiful poem but it's very hard to hear it.

Autocorrect strikes again! LOL

These are all great to hear and that last one? Whew! Smokin hot. Musta been some lightning with that storm!

Thank you Angeline. I was going through my pieces from this yea consolidating everything into one file and I set aside the ones that called to be voiced. I've got a couple more to do but my laptop battery died so they'll have to wait for another night.

I'm looking forward to the voice requests, that's gonna be fun :D

Back