Kings Call

http://forum.literotica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1379770&stc=1&d=1390346840

Magnus grinned as he stood up to clasp arms in the warriors greeting. To find a battle sister so far south was a blessing and one from the Winter Rose tribe was an honor indeed. "Well met Nia of the Winter Rose, I am Magnus of the Arctic Bear tribe." Her grip was strong and firm and Magnus noted the tattoo denoting her success in passing her trials. The one that would tell him if she had passed her quest however remained hidden and would remain so in public.
"I see you already know our good friend Galron here," he said as he sat down and took in the only other person of his race he had seen in almost a year.
Her red hair was in stark contrast to her pale skin but on her it looked alluring. In fact her skin was probably not that pale, it was just the red colouring made it look so. Her body was trim and well muscled as a warriors should be and she had a nice set of breasts on her too held in by her leather bodice. Although she couldn't match him for height she was taller than the other two women that had been sitting at the table.
"You are a long way from home Sister. What brings you down to these lands?"

Attachments

• magnus.jpg
    magnus.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 59
Davina forced herself to calm down. She took the other woman's offered hand and wondered at it's softness, so unlike her own calloused one. "I too fear. Do you wish to walk away? None would blame you." She felt bad that the woman was crying, and felt bad for herself that no tears would come. She had shed the tears for her parents in the past, so there were no more tears to offer their wet relief; only a dull throbbing pain.

Outside, the night was coming on and with it a black blanket of stars. She looked up, wondering if those stars really did rule her life, and that of her companion, or if they made their own destinies. What if the witch's prediction had just been coincidence? Still, she shivered as the dwarf's words came back to her mind. Only two them would come back from this.....

She reached into her soul and prayed to a goddess she had all but ignored, since she was a child, hoping against hope that she was still there, was still listening. If you can hear me, protect us from this evil, if we are meant to fight it.

She looked down into the teary face of her companion and tried to smile. "With the two of us, and big blond and buff, what could possibly go wrong?" She was trying for good cheer, but her words sounded shaky, even to herself. She was so absorbed in her own prayers and thoughts that she all but missed the red headed warrior entering the pub.

Last edited:
Galron nodded to Nia his greeting although she knew of him he didn't know of her but many in the northern Giant campaign knew of him and his stance with the King against the Giants friending themselves with the Northmen. Galron lowered his head for he wished that him and the King could have met all the thanes of the tribes but the Northern campaign was abroad many leagues of wilderness and so many tribes responded that it was impossible to meet with them all.

His hand gestured his acceptance of her wishing to join them but he remained silent for not wanting to interfere with the two northerns greeting of each other. He resumed to eat his meal trying not to ease drop upon their conversation but that was hard to do so he did what he could and remained silent.

Nia smiled at the Dwarf's acceptance and nodded in return. She took his silence in appreciation for his respect that he was giving to her and her Northern brother. She turned to look upon the man whom introduced himself to her. "It is an honor to meet a member of the article bear." her tone carried the Northern accent heavily as she continued,"This calling of the Endoria King has brought me here on behalf of my elders wishes to repay the King for when he came to our need. His army paid a heavy price with their lives that we the winter rose will always answer his call til the day he wishes not to call upon aid! For one day I shall sat upon the council of elders and I will make sure my off spring will come to this king and it's people whenever they need us."

Galron looked up at her and nodded, he wanted to say something but pulled back from doing so for this was somrthing that the King would want to speak about. He knew how Arkanis felt about the tribes word of in-debt to him but figured it would come best from him. He recalled the trip back from the frozen lands and how many men they lost but not once was there a word of regret uttered from Arkanis or his men. It was a calling that the Paladin King would answer again if it was ever needed. His eyes shot over to the door for the third time, something was wrong for the king was always on time and never this late. He grew concerned, but waited for it could be something he had to deal with that was unexpected. He wondered if he should get the meeting started but decided against that too, for this would show who had the patients and who didn't.

"What brings you this far south?" Nia was wondering if his tribe still felt the same way as her tribe did towards the King.

Mikita held the woman's hand firmly as she gazed upon the tall woman, feeling the strength in her hand and watching the strength take form in her posture. The woman's words were not intended to belittle her but offer her understanding if she wanted to depart from this calling, but she couldn't do that, it was her time to make a stand, to make that step that many have already made for humankind. She had to prove to herself that she was somebody that could give to the people instead of just following along with what was going on. Her battle with the forces of evil had to come now.

"No, I wish to stay. There are many reasons why that I must and there is one that I wish to stay for." she looked up into the taller woman's face and smiled. She felt save with this one, safer than she had ever felt in her lifetime and she wanted to see if this could grow into something more for it felt right. She stepped into the taller woman, bringing her form against the muscular frame of Daniva.

She followed the gaze to the night sky wondering how it could look so peaceful up there but be so deadly down here. There were times she wished she had the power to rid the evil in the world with one otter of a spell but that one spell was one of great power and was so hard to cast correctly that even if she could utter the controlling words, she didn't know if she would even attempt it..

She looked back to Daniva when the warrior spoke of the grouping and smiled at the attempt of the woman to smooth her worries. It was a warming moment as she nestled deeper into the frame of the warrior. "Maybe we should go back in and ensure that no one takes our place. I believe we need to stay with the Dwarf and the barbarian." she looked up into the eyes of the war maiden. "Thank you for comforting me." she turned and walked back inside still holding the maiden's hand..

Last edited:
Magnus had been impressed with Nia's speech. He had not been old enough to go on the Giant campaign himself, but others had told him of the bravery of the Paladin King and his Knights. That was one of the reasons he had journeyed south.
" That is True Sister, all people of the North owe a debt to the King of the South that will be paid over time and the Arctic Bear's stand ready to pay it. If my contribution here helps pay some of what we owe then so be it, but I am also here for myself. It is my time of questing and what better quest than one in which the great Knights need help."

Magnus saw some of the respect dim in her eyes but also grudging admiration replace it. After all his logic was sound and if he completed this quest he would bring great honour to himself and his tribe.

"Will you join up with me Sister and be a part of my quest as well as helping out the king. There is glory enough in this for both our tribes I am thinking?"

Davina put her arm around Mikita as she stepped into her frame, enjoying the sensation of being close to someone. It wasn't often a soldier had that feeling. When they separated, she felt the loss, though they were still holding hands. She did not move to let go, but simply followed Mikita back into the pub.

She saw at once that another northerner had joined with the giant north man. She looked like a capable warrior, to be sure. Following Mikita over to where the dwarf was seated, she let go her her hand with reluctance, and sat back down.

Part of her wanted to apologize for running outside, but she didn't. Instead she sat listening to the conversation between the northerners, not wishing to interrupt them. Part of her wanted to get Mikita alone, to ask about her childhood and her past, but she knew that the king would arrive at any moment and that they needed not to leave again.

She noticed that the blond dancer was dressed now, and that the bald bouncer was hovering over her protectively. She wondered if there was something between them. If there was, why had he allowed her to dance in the first place? It did not seem an act of love to allow her to dance for other men.

She glanced over at Mikita and smiled, drawing her chair closer to her. Maybe they did have time for a brief conversation. "So, where your parents spell slingers, or were you apprenticed to one?"

Nia nodded to Magnus's offer of joining him on this most important quest. It was the least the could do for the king but a good step for them and their tribes in repaying this debt. Her eyes moved over him with approval to his stance on finishing his trial of questing with this calling. She herself have already completed her trials but that would not matter for this is a much higher quest than what she completed for her tribe a year ago. This would be her true test for as just like back then, her tribes elders's eyes will be watching her.

She took the moment to inspect him closer, "I have heard that the Article Bear has moved deeper into the northern lands, have your elders found any rising signs of the Giants?" her eyes showing her curiosity.

Galron took notice of this question and drew himself into the conversation. His eyes turning hard as he looked upon Madnus and his response. This was an urgent matter that the king had to be informed of, even the fact that the Article Bear decided to move deeper into the wilderness only meant one thing and he waited for the young warriors acknowledgement. "Tell us for this is no matter to conceal!" his concern showing....

Mikita was startled by the Dwarf's outburst but he seemed to know more of what was going on than he let on. She studied him closely trying to find something that would tell her more but he hide his knowledge well. She gave up when Daviva's question came to her in a pleasant fact finding, it showed Daniva's interest in her, which most mages were shunned as untrustworthy. She diverted her attention from the group to the lovely face of Daniva."Unfortunately my parents were not adapt in the arcane,however, my grandfather was and he is the one that trained me til I was old enough to acquire the respect and discipline to study and use the art on my own. But I still seek more and that is why I wish to met with the Court made here." she responded with a smile. "How about you? Are your parents Knights?" she was just as interested in the warriors past. But then noticed the Dwarf looking at them as if they were interupting them. Even the war maiden refocused on the Dwarf's conversation for this is why they were all here. This talk will come later tonight after the meeting with the king. She reached over and took the war maidens hand once more than returned her gaze to the others..

Last edited:
Davina realized that their chatter was interrupting important matters, so simply stopped talking, even to reply to Mikita's question. She did not know much about the North, but she knew that the giants had once been a problem. She decided to be quiet and to listen and learn what she could.

When Mikita took her hand again, it was welcome. Companionship was hard to come by, amongst warriors she was used to. Because she was a woman, they expected certain favors in exchange for their companionship, which she wasn't prepared to give. It was nice to simply hold a hand without any expectations.

A few of the waiting warriors look to be growing impatient, though no more had left yet. She wondered how long they would wait, before giving up. Kings call, or no, she knew that some younger warrior did not have the proper patience to wait for extended periods.

Magnus noted Galron's concern and looked to put the dwarf at ease. "Do not concern yourself with the Giants friend. We have moved further North because we have seen no sign of them. If we had I would not have had to journey South to complete my quest but would have instead been fighting them."
He still saw some concern in Galron's eyes so explained further. "The Elders did not make this decision lightly. As you know the far North has always been the Giants domain and the beasts have been sparse and thus the hunting poor. Lately though they have been returning and with the tribes being hard pressed to survive bunched up as they are we took the opportunity to move North into these new hunting grounds. We are but the first. We have heard that the badgers and the Snow foxes may be doing so as well in their own regions and the direwolves have already moved a short distance North but nowhere the distance we have."

Galron's face represented his relieve upon hearing the news for now but still held the concern upon his face for he speculated on the reason why the giants seemed to fade into the northern mists but kept that fact to himself. He knew Arkanis would feel the same way about this news once he was informed of this. Galron pushed back into his chair with a deep thought filling his face and eyes, a look that has been upon his face everyday since the death of the Knights. His gaze drifted to each member sitting with him, his eyes showing his concern for them."I do want you all to take a moment and make sure you wish to do this. I say this with a serious heart and a concern for each of you. This quest is not to be taken lightly for there is a great evil behind this movement. Yes, I said movement of forces of unequivocal power and destruction and each group here represents just a contingence of the big plan that the King as forumulated." he looked upon each one again with a raised brow awaiting for their acknowledge of understanding and acceptance that they have been warned and they still voluntary to answer the calling.

Nia looked at Galron with a deep stare, slightly taking by his concern for them, for most Northerners are shunned, looked at as if they were all miscreants and lowlifes. She felt pride burning within her that he felt differently toward her people and showed it so openly. "I Nia of the Winter Rose have been warned and I still give my axe and life to the lands of the South." her gaze drifted over to her Northern brother.

Mikita squeezed the hand that she was holding as she took in all that was said here, her fears and concerns all weighted heavily upon her shoulders while looking over the deeply felt warning issued to them by the dwarf. She was no fearless warrior whom relished in the thought of dying honorably in combat but she believed that her arcane knowledge was needed on this Quest and this was a way to get noticed by the Endoria's court Mage. She swallowed hard and looked into the Dwarven set of eyes that met her gaze. She nodded heavily to him."I'm still answering the Call of the King." she whispered out to the group. Her gaze moved over to the warrior sitting next to her. Her hand squeezing the woman's hand tightly.

Magnus noticed the fervent glow in Nia's eyes and knew no matter what the woman was going to rush headlong into danger without thinking to much of the consequences. He had already made up his mind to go on this quest for his own reasons but now it looked like he needed to add another. Keeping his Battle Sister out of danger.
"I am in. My Hammer will protect these lands and thus my own and maybe earn me my place in my tribe or at the table in the afterlife."

Mara was listening to the conversation attentively, her hand still linked with Mikita's. She knew that she had a long evening of polishing and caring for her sword and equipment ahead of her, so she hoped that the king would be along soon. As it was, the travel had taken its toil and she felt dirty and grimy after the long journey. She decided to ask the dwarf if there was a bathtub somewhere in the pub, and how much it would be to take a bath.

If worse came to worse, and they were to be off right away, then she knew that she would simply soldier on, as she always did.

When the two notherners and Mikita all agreed to join, she felt all eyes fall on her. With some reluctance, she shook her head in the affirmative. They weren't speaking to the king yet, but somehow it felt like a contract. She never went back on a promise before, and did not intend to now. "Aye, I'm in."

The map wide and long was pinned down to the table before him. His ocean blue eyes scanned over the pins protruding from the parchment. His heart was heavy with worry, filled with pain for the lives that have been and shall be lost in this battle for their very lives. He slammed his fist upon the tabletop with the anger as the images of death filled his mind's eye. He was no stranger to the carnage of war and still to this day it still bothers him to lose one man. Five pins, each pin represented an army of a thousand strong men and women willing to give their lives for him, lives he so desperately wanted to save but the only way for this to happen was if the groups of men and women he would be sending into the depths of hell where to kill this evil which has brought this carnage of death to everyone. He looked at the map with fury as something was calling armies of evil to this area by the hordes of thousands. Orcs, hobgoblins, streams of undead massing on his borders, miscreants of the human race also found their way here, all he believed was summoned by this evil in the depths of shadow.

It was time, the time that he has been pushing off for not wanting to send people to their deaths, but if these brave adventurers did not come to his aid, he would have no choice but to pull his veterans from the lines and have them try to end this evil, but that would weaken the front lines too much and make stopping the hordes impossible. This is why he had to do what he is doing with the calling volunteers for he has little choice in this matter. He will be sending in his General with one of the groups while he himself will be going to the undead battlefield where his faith of power will be most affective, his mind trying to find that since of ease that he is doing everything in his power to save as many lives as he can.

The door to the inn opened giving acess to the nearly seven foot aging human. His salt and pepper hair and beard were well groomed giving him an upper class status appearance. His clothes were of fine black cloth and silk and tailored to fit him well. His bue orbs looked over the room. His eyes making and holding a gaze with each patron while nodding his head in appreciation to each one. Even with this appearance of someone important, there was the damaging begs and red rings under his eyes, the stress that was upon his face showed the heavy weight that he was carrying upon his shoulders.

"Greetings to all. I Arkanis of Endoria salute each and everyone of you for coming to my call for Aid!" he looked around the room once more nodding to all. "I wish I could say that this is just a whim of an old man but I'm afraid it is not." he stops for a moment as if looking for the right words to say but there was no sweet way of putting this."I believe there is a witch king that has risen from the shadows and have summoned hordes of evil to his calling. I do not know if any of you have seen the massing of troops on your way in but at the present time I have armies in five points of enemy massings just outside of my kingdom. All I believe to have been called by this undead king." He paused for a moment before continuing," last week I sent a detachment of court Knights to a location to check on reports of ungodly screams and rantings coming from a passageway in the gorge of summons." His face paled while he continued, "The only survivor that made it back was a knights squire."

He paused so that everyone could take in what he just said before adding more,"Now this is all that I know. Yes, I maybe a foolish man and reading more into this massing hordes of blight, I maybe even making things seem worse by saying that a Witch King is among us, but I believe that the best way to go is to believe that the worse enemy you can think of is out there and that will force you to stay focused." he swallowed hard,"Now those that wish to assist me please state your willingness to help knowing the danger up front." he looked about the room for those that remained seated while some rose ans departed...

Davina shivered. A witch king? Such a one was the stuff that childhood nightmares were born of. A flesh and blood man you could kill with hardened steal and ready muscles, but a witch king? Surely only a sorceress, like Mikita stood a chance. She knew that she could not let her new friend, nor even the northerners, go into battle alone. She would stand with them, though she feared for her very soul.

As others got up and left, Davina stayed seated. She let go of Mikita's hand and quickly reviewed her battle arraignments, as if they would do her any good at the moment. She was unsure what good they would do her later. She had a hand and a half sword on her back, her armor padding a chain mail armor, a pair of throwing daggers tucked into her boots and a pair of small axes at the small of her back. All was as it should be, though it was cold comfort.

Magnus looked at the King and was surprised at what he saw. He had been told of the giant king of the south and how he had swept all before his powerful blows, and indeed he could still see such a man before him in his prime. The problem was this man was no longer in his prime. This man looked haggard and run down. If he had slept more than three hours in a row over the last several weeks Magnus would eat his horse raw. In all he looked like a commander on campaign that had not been allowed to fight.

That is what made up his mind. This King was working himself to exhaustion to try to save his people and if his efforts could help then so be it. Besides a Witch King would be a famous quest. They would talk about it for years to come especially if there was a war involved as well.

Standing up the big Northerner was perhaps the only one that could look down on the king and certainly the only one capable of looking him straight in the eye. " Magnus Odinson of the Arctic Bear tribe pledges his life to this cause King Arkanis. It sounds like a merry fight and that is what we Northerners are bred for. Besides Witch Kings are already dead. You just have to remind them of that fact by knocking them down and burying them again."

Sitting back down Magnus heard a few chuckles around him and hoped his light hearted manner rubbed off. In truth they would need all the help they could get.

Mikita looked as if a vampire just finished feeding upon her for she paled and grew weak as the words of the king brought the words of the sage back to the surface of her mind. How could this be anything but suicide? Her mind screamed to itself making an excuse for if she rose up and left. Her heart pounded in her ears while at the same time a choking lump lodged in her throat.

She turned instantly toward Daniva, her hand reaching to grap the warriors hand back but pulled away when she realized what the warrior was doing."Daniva! This isn't a fight that can be won by just Strengh of arm or will! I just found y..." She stops realizing that she was asking a warrior to run from a fight in front of others. She allowed her eyes to fall to the floor. Where was her remarks of wanting to be seen by the court mage now? It was obvious that the arcane art was needed upon this quest.

Mikita brought her head up and looked into Daniva's eyes."I shall go with you on this quest." Her hand moving over and resting upon the woman's thigh. "Promise me ..." The look in Mikita's eyes showed what she wanted..
______

Nia's, Galron's gaze followed the Kings as Magnus rose and answered the Kings request in words. a smile came to the kinds face at the bold statement coming from the article warrior. "I am honored that the north has came to my calling with such men and woman as the two of you." The kings gaze looked at Magnus and floated down to Nia before moving to the others,"All of you here have my deepest gratitude for what you are willing to give to save my people. I shall not send you alone, even if he disagrees with me, General Galron will be going with you on this quest. He will also have special rights to the armory to get you all prepared to engage this evil for normal equipment will not work against this foe and his minions. He also has the plans to send in several groups of you volunteers in different locations but all of you have the same goal, and that is to kill this evil that is drawing the hordes. You all are the backbone of this endeavor, if my people are to stay safe, and my armies to prevail, I need the magnate that draws this Evil here in numbers stopped." He looked to everyone, "Now I know that some of you are here foe pay and I will pay you this." he looked about the room for a moment,"The equipment that the General gives you for this quest is yours to keep. The inn here will give you all free quarters and meals when ever you come and stay in Endoria. I will pay for this as long as you stay in my Kingdom. I will also give one thousand gold to each of you upon your return along with my eternal gratitude for what you are doing here this day. I never forget what people do for me. You all will never know what wanting something is when you come back. My people and I need your help to survive this day."
______

Nia looks around the room at what remains then over to Magnus and nods.."Brother! I believe I hear the Trimputs of war calling upon us! May the night end with the blood of our enemies soak the ground we lay upon!" she smiles at the thought, here eyes sparkle with the thrill that was flowing throught her. She gazes deeply at Magnus with this let's have some fun look upon her!

______

Galron stands up rather harshly, "I want a word with you now!" the voice heavily directed to the king. Fury flashing in his eyes, his body tensed with rippling effects of his muscles. He stops at the Kings hand...

"General..Long life friend.. You have my thanks, but we all must do what we have to do, I belong on the battlefield with my men. Like always old friend, your my back hand man, do this, give my men and I a fighting chance, for you know that if the undead king isn't stopped...May your gods bless you all this night. The general here has all the details of your quest, I must go, my men await for me on the field of battle. Be safe and I hope to see you all again.. Farewell!" without anything else he turns and walks to the door even after Galron yells his name in Vain!

Galron watched frozen as he watched the King depart.. "Farewell old friend.."

Last edited:
Davina was startled for a moment by Mikita's hand upon her thigh and the look in her eyes, but she nodded. "Aye, I'll go with you." She brought her own hand to rest upon Mikita's and sighed, "Though I fear this may be my last battle. I never want to die old anyway, but with a blade in my hand and a friend at my back." She looked back into Mikita's eyes.

She looked away as Galron demanded the king's attention and listened to what was said between them. It seemed to her that Galron had more to say, but out of love and deference with the king decided that it could wait. What he was waiting for, she did not know, for if this were a fool's mission, then certainly he would die on it also.

She rose for her seat and clasped Mikita's shoulder. "I'll be back." Walking over to the dwarf, she sat down next to him. "Friend Galron, be you alright?"

Galron turned from watching the king leave to the remaining adventurers his face was hard as he held his anger at the king at bay. Taking a deep breath he stepped up toward the center of mass so all could hear his words."I shall take you all to the armory in the morning and at that time we will discuss when and where your are going to start. Make sure you are grouped well for this quest." he nodded to everyone before taking his seat with the group he was with before the King arrived. he looked upon each one with a nod but remained silent for everyone was still weighting the information that was given to them.

Mikita nodded to Daniva as she stood and whispered to her that she would be back. Mikita watched her with a little foolish feeling burning inside of her. Here she was a complete stranger to this woman but was attracted to her so strongly that she was uneased already on the fact that Daniva and herself could be killed on this quest before they had a chance to know each other better. She looked away to hide the feeling that she knew was upon her face. She looked over to Nia whom had this luster look of wanting to jump feet first into the blood letting. She feared this woman would bring undue death to them all if someone didnt put a handle on her barbarian rage.

Galron looked over toward Daniva as she stood up. His first thought was that she secided that she didnt want to answer this calling now, but was taken by surprixpse when she took a seat next to him and asked if he be okay. He smiled at her question and nodded his answer but then spoke to her,"Yes young one i'm fine" he looked at her with a strenght about him,"Its just thef king and i have been friends for over thrity years we have fought five wars together and this is the first time i have not been at his side." he turned so that he faced her,"I have always looked up to him since the day that he was a squire. He came running upon the battlefield with a lance just to protect a fallen horse that wasn't dead yet from the ravishing claws of two cave trolls whom wanted to eat the horse! he killed them after taking several blows that broke ribs and one of his arms. I knew that day he would grow up to someone very important. Which he has earned this respect from all and that is why I should be at his side this night," He took a huge gulp of his ale,"But he is the King and I shall do as he wishes..Do you understand that we must not fail our task at hand no matter what?" he looked at everyone sitting at the table...

Davina listened to the dwarf's story with her full attention. She knew little of this land, or her king, but the story thrilled her and gave her a healthy respect for the tall, sad king. Surely such a man would not send others into danger without need. No matter what the risk, she knew that she had to serve such a man.

She put her hand on the dwarf's hand for a moment, and then withdrew it, unsure if he would appreciate the gesture. He was a hardened warrior with little room for sentimentality. "From what you have told me, I feel honored to be deemed worthy to serve such a man." She smiled at him and then headed back over to where Mikita waited.

She sat back down for a moment and took her friend's hand. "Mikita, I will see you in the morning. I am going to take a room and get some sleep while I may. In the morning we shall see what adventures await us."

She had hoped for more time to talk with her new friend, but still had her armor an weapons to take care of, and it was getting rather late. If she were rich, and noble born, she would have a proper knight's squire to attend to these matters. As it was, she was her own squire and so had all of the work, and none of the glory. Her most prized possession was her fine steel sword, worth more than she would ever make. She had captured it on the field of battle and prized it ever since. Where as most poor soldiers had to make due with an axe or a spear, she had a true steel sword of fine craftsmanship.

Magnus gave Galron a nod of his head to show that he understood the Dwarfs words and the silent plea behind them. Then he too rose from his seat and bid his new companions goodnight. He did not have that much to take care of tonight but he would be foolish not to get a good nights rest tonight. It would probably be the last one for many a long time.

In his room Magnus set out his equipment. He had his helmet of course, his large armored belt, the chain mail shirt that had been specially made for his large frame, the arctic bear pelt cloak, his armored boots and of course his war hammer. He also had his dagger and skinning knife. All in all just like a warrior should look.

Climbing into the small bed that his legs once again hung way out of, Magnus drifted off to sleep with dreams of valor drifting through his mind.

Wolves howled in the night sky to the moon. It was a bad omen. The Gods themselves, most of all Lad'en -God of Justice - would not like the meaning behind those cries. It was not as if they were calling for a hunt, but warning.

Jaffes Sa'Rel, Knight of the Holy Templar Order Of Lad'en, rode his horse as hard as he could. He had been stationed with a battalion of soldiers that were holding back the Orc incursions when word about his brother had reached him. Samuel was a member of Arkanis court and a sworn sword protector for the realm. His presumed death did not sit well with Jaffes.

Though he was no brother by blood, he was bound in choice with Samuel. Samuel had been the only one to accept one of his kind. One with orcish blood that flowed though his veins. It had been Samuel who had helped Jaffes join the holy order once Jaffes had expressed interest in the Just God. Samuel was family, and Jaffes would reap terrible retribution on those that brought him down!

The King's Summons had spoke of an Inn, the Silver Wolf, within the captial itself. As Jaffes came up to the Inn, he could see a protection of Knights were already outside and leaving, most likely with the King himself. He wondered if it was too late, but decided it did not matter. As a Paladin, they would be ill-advised to not accept him with whomever had answered the call.

Jaffes swung his legs around and hoped off his steed. He stopped before the door and made sure his red and gold hood covered his face. His silver armor breast plate and the chain-mail underneath were in order, and save for a few dents, regal. His arms were covered in plate bracers, and his legs in greaves and sturdy chained boots. His war hammer at his side, and his shield in hand, he flowed into the Inn with his long cloak that displayed his Order for all to see.

"I have come to join in the summons and do not ask permission. I, Jaffes, Paladin of Lad'en, God of Justice, seek no man or woman's acceptation, only to say that my hammer will join your own blades and spells in our hunt for my brother's killer."

He stood there standing tall, a full head above any other, and even though his face was covered by a hood, he let all that was still in the Inn that he was already judging them.

Galron, with a heavy expression upon his bearded cheek, watched as each member stood up from the table and excused themselves for the night except for one whom had the look of disparity upon her face. He looked upon her as a father would a daughter in a time of great need. "I see the fear deep in your eyes Mikita." Raising his head so that is gaze meets with hers. "You have every right to fear for what we must engage, but all is not bleak as your eyes suggest." He looks over at the others whom slowly stand from their circle of friends and start filtering upstairs for the night as well.*

Mikita's attention followed Galron's eyes as he surveyed and evaluated each patron that walked past them. It wasn't long before his eyes refocused upon the Blond sorceress evaluating the facial expression that still cringed upon her face."Speak what ills you young one." His tone of voice was padded by his aging throat. His strength showing with each move of his body as if he was made from tinseled steel.

Mikita was about to speak whrpen the door opens and in walks another over large Half-Orc. His armor reflected his experience as a warrior, but when his introduction was given as being a paladin, a warrior of faith Mikita grew paler with even more of a heavier burden. She went to stand but a strong hand caught her by the wrist. Galron looked at her than to the Knight, he knew of this one from the reports that he got from the outer garrisons. He noodled his greeting to the Knight but was pressed in dealing with the female. "Speak witch of what you know!" his voice higher pitched and filed with power.

Mikita loomed at the Hal-Orc for a second before lowering her gaze to the Dwarf."Your lord, I know nothing but fear. The battle to come means life and death to all unless they are strong enough to survive." she whispered."Please Sire, release me so that I may go and rest for tomorrow." she pleaded*

Galron stood up looking at her with contempt but nonetheless releasing her so that he may talk to the knight. Without hesitation Mikita quickly headed to her room with a little discontent of her own, she wanted to find and talk with Daniva, but the warrior must be tired of her for she wasn't invited to the warriors room...

Galron moved over to the Half-Orc,"Greetings, Sa'Rel, what news do you have from Northwest?"

Jaffas watched the woman, the witch as the Lord Galron had called her. Under his hood, he narrowed his eyes at her, but held his tongue while she left. He was no coward, and he would never balk in the face of danger. He would have his brother's murderer blood on his hammer!

Turning to the dwarf, he paused. He did not know his name or fame had reached back to the King's court. Not caring for any of it though he simply spoke what was asked of him.

"The battle to keep the orcs at bay is costly. Many brave men and women die each day at their tainted blades and wicked tongues. But you have know it that two of my sworn-brothers fight there even as we speak. I was given leave. To seek retribution for my brother's demise. And I will have my Justice!" It was a thin line between Justice and Vengeance. Jaffas did not care how narrow of a rope he was on.

"I will go rest now. Inn-keeper, I have need of a room. I do not care it's state, as long as it has privacy." He stated as he left the dwarf there, not bothering with anymore questions, or wish of banter. He need to mediate to his God now. He needed to be ready.

He was shown to a room no larger then a closet. It had a cot, a nightstand, and a single candle. That was all he needed as he sat down on the cot, and closed his eyes, waiting for the morrow to break.

Davina had hoped to talk with the other warrior, or even invite her to her room, but before she could speak again, Mikita was gone, and a tall hooded warrior had entered the inn.

Davina though that the northerners were tall enough, but now this fellow came. She was surrounded by giants, and that was saying something since she was not at all short. With a sigh, she went over to the bar, to get a drink and to ask if there was a room to be had.

She did not wish to bother the dwarf any more, so she made her way over to the man tending bar, ignoring the eyes he laid on her. "Can I have a pint of ale and a room for the night, if one is available." She certainly hope one was available, but she would sleep in the common area if she had too.

Galron only nodded his understanding at the comment comming from the large Orken for all people of this kingdom was his brethren and for each death boiled his blood as well. He looked after the large Orc to the rest of the calling patrons and began to inform them of their times they will depart and where in the gorge they would enter into the spider webbed Labyrinth below the surface.

The keeper looked at the she warrior and nodded."We have saved rooms for all those whom answered the Kings calling." He reached over to the wall and plucked a key from its hook and slid it across the counter."Two levels up and first door on the left." He added quickly to her before being summoned to the other end.

The blast of a Dwaven horn broke the calm of sleep before sunrise light hit the inn. His voice booming for all to muster to him at once. His voice heavy with urgency. "Lets go! Things have changed this day!" he bellowed as everyone made their way down before him. He stood in his Endorian armor and gear bound to him. A large battle axe strapped to his back. "Now as I said things have changed! The King is missing from the field of battle! I and the remain tag of his knights are going after him. You all will continue on with this quest. You will be taken to the armory where you will get equipped with what you need. From there you will be taken to the path that the knights took when this all started. You will follow their path of travel to the maze entrance where you will begin your hunt for the undead King." he looked to the Orken kind with a nod," now there is a squire that will take you to the path she will not carry your shit! Nor will she enter into the maze! You will send her back here! She awaits you outside" His voice filled with command girth. "Now get going and best of luck!" without another word he was out the door.

Outside waited a small woman clad in militant chainmail with a longsword to match. She had her raven colored hair pulled back in a ponytail. Her young face showing the hard effects of being a squire that has witnessed the tragedy of war. The one next to her was a differant matter, with the heavy aura of power about him, the elder man's clenched the hard wood of Dragonkind staff. His aging face was emotionless and his eyes of coal showed power within."I'm Aristobus, first wizard of Endoria, the seventh wizard of the order of mages. I'm here to take you to the vault were you are to equip yourself so that you may fight the minions of the undead. Ask your questions now before I take you to the armory." He looked about the group..

Magnus had donned his full warriors attire this morning and had no need of this trip to the armory that everyone seemed so excited about. He had fought the undead before and his warhammer had proven capable enough of defeating them then. However this mage was a different story. magnus had heard tales of great mage's being able to cast enchantments on items to improve them and this one claimed to be good. Perhaps he could help him.

"First wizard,I am Magnus Odinson of the Arctic Bears and I have no need of anything from this armory of yours but would request a boon of you. I have heard tales of the mighty deeds of Wizards in creating and strengthening items. I would like it so my cloak becomes like armor and my hammer may be thrown and return to my hand. Is this possible in the time we have?"

Back