Just One Line (from an author other than yourself)

MediocreAuthor

You can call me "M"
In the same spirit as @lovecraft68's Just One Line thread, and @EmilyMiller's Positivity thread, I came up with the idea for a thread where we post cool lines from other people's stories.

Post just one line or a short segment from an other author's work that you found cool/erotic/inspiring etc.

Please insert the line using the quote function, and tag the author thusly:

I really liked this quote from @NoTalentHack's AI Era: Medusa's Daughter

"You think you're an alpha male. But guess what? You're just my alpha test."

Easy enough, right? 🤩

sounds-like-a-30d44b46f4.jpg

Here's another one that I've always liked from @seraph_nocturne's Collective Intelligence. It's what makes me think that Nine and L'ventia are long lost sisters.

"I have approached you differently, Desmond. I think I am most fond of you, over your colleagues. You are different. Chaste. I have rarely encountered this with the masculine species on your planet."

So, I found this line to be hilarious, although it may not even be the best in the story. It's one line from a monologue of sorts, but the whole spiel is delivered with such matter-of-fact directness and the content is so objectively bizarre it makes for a very compelling contrast.
Spending your days naked and lactating is the most natural thing in the world for a young woman.
It's from @BrightShinyGirl's Greenfield Farm, which she has publicly described as appalling*. Which I would agree with if it were a documentary or news report, but as a fantasy is both hilarious and kind of horrifying, which is kind of irresistible to me.

*Edit: Or at least, she said she was appalled to have written it, which might not be the same sentiment, I suppose.

@onehitwanda - Death and the Maiden:

I want to transcribe this entire scene, which is - to use official critics’ terminology - as hot as fuck. By way of explanation (without too many spoilers) the FMC’s demon lesbian lover has equipped herself rather differently than normal.

She pulled back again, pushed in, and this time I felt the warm skin of her belly touch my bum. I moaned, loud and deep. One more pull, one more thrust, and the maddening slap of her belly and thighs against me, her rock-hard member buried deep in my aching, awakening body.

There is also a context, which I won’t spoil, which makes the scene poignant as well as ultra-arousing.

Em

Last edited:
This quote from @Duleigh's The Pilot's Consent Switch is the line that turned this story from
"Ugh... Well written, but I don't like it. I'm gonna leave without voting."
to
"Oh... This is awesome 5 stars."

(Text contains a spoiler, although perhaps not an obvious one, if you haven't read the story).

Mark finally broke his silence and spoke. "You did... and I brought her... sir." The way he pronounced sir made the word sound more like "Fuck you" which earned him a surreptitious wink from Chief Dawson, the bomb squadron first sergeant.

From @firmbutgentle Blues for a Slave

"He had a book about blues piano players called "A Left Hand Like God" and that's what he was to her at that moment, her God in the form of a left-hand walking bass, her God that was giving her permission, encouraging her, and she closed her eyes and cried out and came in waves, in an orgasm that went on for what seemed like hours."

From Flying Blind by Evil Alpaca

"I suspect so, though she and I haven't met yet," he replied, grinning and trying really hard to concentrate on her eyes.

"Hey, my boobs are down here," she said, pushing up on them to display cleavage.

From Flying Blind by Evil Alpaca

"I suspect so, though she and I haven't met yet," he replied, grinning and trying really hard to concentrate on her eyes.

"Hey, my boobs are down here," she said, pushing up on them to display cleavage.

That's very funny.

Organism Ch. 05 by @DarkCosmos has alternate lyrics to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star". Imagine Alien only when the xenomorphs chase you through the hold they sing this:

Twinkle, twinkle, little star. I know what you really are.
Just a burning ball of gas. Soon the life you give shall pass.
Twinkle, twinkle, empty star. Your light only shines so far.
Twinkle, twinkle, angry man.
You don't seem to understand.
Biomass is all you'll be. Once my Master is set free.
Faceless flesh upon the wall.
We're not from your realm at all.
Eighty billion years survived.
Now you'll join us in the hive.
You and all your manthing friends. This is how your species ends.
Twinkle, twinkle, humankind.
Your God has left you behind.

I'm guessing this is less impressive to people who know more about music or poetry but I was blown away.

Couldn't do "just" one line here, i need to post the whole passage.

From @seraph_nocturne 's excellent series The Dead World, Chapter 15:

He was glad it was gone.

The pilates, cafes with overpriced bullshit drinks, reality television. The mindless fucking sheep trailing along one after the other from the womb, to the school, to the career; and finally the grave. Thoughtless, pointless lives eagerly marching to their deaths with smiling, happy faces.

They suckled greedily at the teet of the illusion of freedom, and laid down gratefully in their six foot deep holes, after spending sixty years slaving away only to enjoy ten on stipend income. All to better the lives of only a handful of rich bastards. All for the greater good of their benevolent overlords. God, was he glad it was all fucking gone, because freedom had always been a lie.

Here's another one that I've always liked from @seraph_nocturne's Collective Intelligence. It's what makes me think that Nine and L'ventia are long lost sisters.

Thanks for the shoutouts @MediocreAuthor, @Djmac1031!

We talked about L’ventia and Nine’s similarities extensively now… I’m still curious which one of them would come out on top if they went at it. 🤣

And Djmac, I hate getting into this particular character’s head because he’s such a nihilistic, vicious bastard, but like… where is the lie? 🤔

I’ll be back later to drop some quotes. I’ve got a few juicy ones I think on often!

Oh fuck you for quoting Skully! That bastard needs to die already! 😡😡🤬

🤣
I must admit, spending time with the head of a madman is in interesting experience... even if it's unpleasant. (It's the sign of a good author to create a character that I hate so much.)

Last edited:
From the second chapter (my favorite of the first 3) of @Altissimus' story The Mirror Made Me Do It (a series that I still need to finish) comes this simple series of lines:

"The... the mirror made me do it," she said, blushing deeply, unable to meet his gaze.

"The mirror made you do it?" he asked, half amused and half incredulous.

Red nodded, her eyes still lowered. Steven reached for her, lifting her chin with one finger until he could see her face. "Is it going to make you do anything else?" he asked, teasingly.

"Yes," she whispered, and reached for him.

Last edited:
I really can't explain why I love this story so much. Maybe it's because of the love between a monogamous married couple, or the wife exploring her bizarre fetish with her unwitting husband... or maybe because I never got over the strange, thrilling sensation of closing myself inside a cardboard box as a kid.

I really can't say. But I can say that this simple line, sent a shiver down my spine. This isn't a fetish of mine by any means, but part of me wishes it was. Thanks, @oneagainst for writing this strange tale for me to enjoy with Click and Collect: Amie's Present.
"When we got the dishwasher, the box was left behind. When he went to work, I got inside," she explained. "I closed the flaps. It just felt good."

So this is absolutely cheating, because this is WAY more than one line. But this is my thread, so I make the rules. :p

Anyway, I absolutely love this relatively brief exchange between a husband and wife. Prior to this scene, she has been asking him a series of sexually charged questions in order to understand his fetishes better... and he has been suffering in silence, thinking that her questions were intentional teasing.

It isn't often that I so thoroughly enjoy a story that does not match my kinks at all... but this one did that for me.

@joy_of_cooking did a fabulous job with this story.
Asked and Answered: (This is the third chapter in a series, but it was the first one I read, and I understood everything just fine).

They were walking in the park. When they came to a good stopping point on the grocery list, she glanced away. She still found it hard to make eye contact when she asked these questions.

"How would you feel if we designated some period of time during which I could ask you to fetch me my faceless meat dildo and you'd have to go out of the room and strip and crawl back in. Then we'd do whatever I wanted, which probably wouldn't be much fun for you, and I'd send you away afterward to get dressed---"

"Stop!" he hissed, grabbing her arm. He leaned in. "Okay, remember when you asked to tell you when I didn't like what you were doing? This. This is not okay."

Her stomach dropped. "I'm sorry," she said, staring down at her feet. "I'm sorry. We won't do it. I'll never bring it up again."

"No, not that, this. This. Look at me."

She forced her eyes up and realized he was trying to point discreetly by nodding downward. She followed his eyes back down to the bulge in his pants.

"This is not okay, all right? You can't do this to me in the park. I can't walk like this." He looked around, flustered, spotted a bench. "Can we sit down?"

She followed him meekly to the bench, stomach still clenched. Icarus. She was Icarus and these months had been her moment in the sun and now began her long fall back to earth.

He took both her hands. "What you just described was very exciting. I would like to do that. But I don't want to talk about it in the park."

She nodded. "I'm sorry. I know you're a very private person."

He sighed. "You've been a vicious tease these last few weeks with all these innocent little questions of yours, and---what?"

She had stiffened in shock.

As usual, he figured it out. "You're kidding me."

She looked away. "You said you wouldn't get mad at me for asking so I've been asking. That's all."

"You thought you'd bring up some wonderfully hot idea, half the time while playing with my cock, we'd talk about it, and then we'd just go on with our lives?" He rarely so much as raised his voice to her, but sometimes when she screwed up he had this way of speaking with gentle incredulity.

He said he wasn't angry in those moments, and she believed him. He wasn't angry. He was flabbergasted by the depth of her stupidity. It was far worse.

She nodded. She dared not look at him. She would cry if she saw his face, and that wouldn't do anyone any good.

I'm tempted to quote the whole thing here, because it's not that long, but I'll be good.

From @Erozetta, this wonderfully dark and heartbreaking poem: A Fragile Mind 💔
So beautiful and depressing... in the best way possible. It was a struggle to pick the best line, so I just went with the saddest.

He ran his thumb upon my lips
A smear of paint across broken flesh.
He'll start fresh tomorrow
Perhaps she'll be his best.

I really can't explain why I love this story so much. Maybe it's because of the love between a monogamous married couple, or the wife exploring her bizarre fetish with her unwitting husband... or maybe because I never got over the strange, thrilling sensation of closing myself inside a cardboard box as a kid.

I really can't say. But I can say that this simple line, sent a shiver down my spine. This isn't a fetish of mine by any means, but part of me wishes it was. Thanks, @oneagainst for writing this strange tale for me to enjoy with Click and Collect: Amie's Present.
Thank you for mentioning... and it's with a little sadness that the Click and Collect series came to an ending last week with Latex Vacbed. It's liberating in amongst all the heavier themed stories to just every once in a while go for an unabashed romp through some particularly niche fetishes. And if it gave you little shivers, job done. Maybe time to order that new dishwasher: "Do you want us to take the box away after, Ma'am?" "No. You can leave it. It's... uh... it's totally fine. And leave the packing tape too."

Back