Jungle Mystery (Closed)

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He reached out a hand and gently guided the trunk to Kiera,

"Seems like the only way she will be satisfied."

He watched as the soft tip gently touched around Kiera and then pulled back, he looked up at the roof, rather bemused by the comings and goings of the children, especially them referring to him as the grass man. Without really knowing it, he also fell asleep.

Several hours had past and Kirea was awake sitting just outside the old woman's house watching the sunset. She felt some better and could move a little better but still with help. She loved the villagers but wanted to go home for now till she was needed again.

Last edited:
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He woke with a start and sat up, blinking he found that he was alone, the small goat was asleep and he noticed that Kirea was seated outside. He quietly got up and crouched down next to her,

"Seems like the old woman was right, when you are sitting out here, I would think that you want to be on your way?"

She looked over to him and laid her head over against him.

Home... yes... The village is getting better they do not need to me remain here and my wounds will finish healing at home with the herbs and salves I have there.

She smiled to him. SO you still wish to live there in the cave with me as well?

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He grinned,

"Well somebody has to look after you while you heal up and so far I don't have much else to do."

He patted her shoulder,

"We really have to work on your wild card act."

Wild... card... act?

She tilted her head and looked at him funny but smiled and nodded.

We need to get whatever stuff you want to keep from that place.

Her muscles tensed speaking of the soldier housing with an almost growl to her voice.

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Yes, you sneak like the best, but right at that moment which you should pounce, you roar. I mean why not just charge them? That would have the same effect. So the fact that you give yourself away and..."

he playfully poked her thigh,

"get shot is something we need to work on. But first let's get you home, then I'll come to gather what I need, it is quite a lot of things."

She smirked looking to him.

Fine and I help you take items from soldier home... Lets go.

She pushed up off the wall and stood there watching him a smile gracing her face to be able to move around and go once more.

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He gathered his weapons and equipment and offering her his shoulder they moved out of the village. Those who saw them greeted, but the most villagers was still at the neighboring village, helping them. Pretty soon they were approaching her cave, the animals milling around, the air filled with a mixture of strange and even some scary sounds.

She smiled allowing him to help her as they neared the cave though she seemed to get even better as she was surrounded by the animals. Her "mother" and siblings where there as well as some snakes and the elephant as well as a few others. She smiled to him as they got to the entrance of the cave and she went to sit down.

This is fine for now so thy will see that I am okay.

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He quickly retraced his steps, avoiding the animals, back at the tent he packed the stuff that he would need immediately, clothing, sleeping bag and a hiking mattress. Collecting more ammunition and the other weapons, he closed the tent behind him and started to make his way back towards the cave.

She had fallen asleep there in the cave near the fire. Her "mother" curled near her nuzzling the bandage on her hip and leg sniffing at the bandage. The old lioness looks up to Ryan as he walked back in and walked over to him once he laid everything down. After that she began to nudge him over to Kirea seeming to guide him to the bandage and lays back down beside her daughter.

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

Once again he was surprised at how gentle the old lioness was, he moved with her and noticed that her attention focused on the bandage.

"Yes old mother I know, she was hurt. I can't do much about it."

The old lioness snorted as if she understood and still nudged him over to her laying down. She curled close to her daughter and watched him. She was unsure why he did not seem to understand her like the old woman in the village and Kirea.

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He placed his hands on his hips,

"Times like these I wished I spoke lion. OK let's try and do what you do."

He laid down next to Keira.

Once he laid down the old lioness seemed to purr and then moved as if to let them cuddle and she moved to the door of the cave.

Kirea moved a little in her sleep feeling him there and seemed to curl up a little more smiling softly.

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He shook his head and rested an arm around her, how strange this all was. He looked at the old lion and wondered about her reaction towards him, he was starting to feel like a son-in-law

Kirea woke a few moments later realizing there was someone near her. Eyes opening to see him lying there and smled.

Let me guess mother "piled" us up.

She laughed a little...

She thinks the young must keep each other warm even with a fire

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"She was rather insistent about it, kept nudging me. Took me a bit to actually understand what she wanted and here I am."

He stretched out,

"Think I should get a fire going, it is getting dark."

She looked over seeing the fire dying and moved to sit up.

Yes we need to fix up the fire more yes.

She leaned to kiss his cheek.

You will learn to translate what they are trying to tell you if not learn to understand their growls and noises

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He took her kiss on the cheek with a smile,

"Let's just hope I don't translate a "You are lunch" into a "Don't run""

He got to his feet and fed more wood onto the fire, waiting for the wood to take flame. He stood an looked around the cave.

Native items were placed around as well as items that must have been from expeditions and other things like plane crashes and hunters. She watched the fire and looked to him occasionally before speaking...

YOu can wander around the cave chambers if you want... its your home too now Ryan.

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"I'll explore it as I live in it, that is the best way to learn about your dwelling."

He sat down close to the fire,

"Have you ever mated willingly? From your voice and all the other things that people said, I'm guessing there was some forceful attempts."

Soldiers like you... as you say force attempt... some try drag into strange soldier house village show you. Warlord from jeep think he claim... then HE command animals...

Mate willing... no... Why?

Her head tilted as she spoke curious about his question.

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Well you are not a child anymore, thought that maybe you would want to have a mate like your brother by now. It is natural is it not?"

Back