Jules and Charlie": A chapter from "Behind Bars"

CutiePie1997

Literotica Guru
"Jules and Charlie"

This is a "chapter" from the parent role play,
"Behind Bars"

It is being composed here for the ease
of 1x1 writing and reading within a Group Role Play.
When we are done with this interaction,
we will return to the parent thread.​

OOC: This thread began here in the parent thread, "Behind Bars". If you are reading "Jules and Charlie" without reading the parent thread first, you will want to also read Jules's introduction, found here.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

(OOC: This reply begins with the first few paragraphs of the reply in the parent thread but includes paragraphs that are new.)

Character profiles page

Yet another stop on her late night stroll through the prison brought Charlie to the cell door of Jules Barker. After reading his personnel file and asking for opinions on him from Harvey and Betty, Charlie found herself seemingly less knowledgeable about Jules than when she'd started looking into him. He was a mystery.

There was only one thing about him that wasn't a mystery: his drug business.

NEW -- Every inmate who wanted drugs knew who had them for sale, and every inmate in the prison knew that Jules was the man to whom you spoke. He couldn't have conducted business without the CO's turning a blind eye, of course, which very well could have been a problem for him now: the only CO left in the prison, Harvey Lewis, had been a staunch advocate of ending the drug trade within the walls of Clark County Correctional, and one of the first things he'd told Charlie during their early discussions on the New World Order was that Jules Barker needed to be tossed out or killed or both.

Add to that the fact that Charlie's older brother had died of an overdose, and her younger brother had been killed by the death dealer's gang for being prepared to testify against the man. Charlie had every reason in the world to put a bullet through Jules's skull.

And yet, when she opened the cell door, the pistol remained in its holster. She forced a polite smile for him, then looked around the small space. She was a bit surprised to see a small collection of illicit drugs sitting right out in the open on the tiny writing desk that each cell had. She couldn't know that Jules had laid them out as his sacrifice to the new Warden's policies on crime prevention.

She told him about her brothers' deaths, the feelings about drugs and drug dealers obvious in her tone, expression, and body language. But then Charlie told him, "I'm not going to disrupt your little business here, Jules. In fact, I'm going to support it, by ensuring that now -- with your influx of new products interrupted by the changes at Clark County -- that you continue to get what you need to keep your customers happy."

She hesitated for his initial reaction, then continued, "But you're going to do something for me in return. First, you're going to keep your ears open and look for threats to my ... my rule over Three-C."

Charlie knew than most of the inmates were already calling her a dictator, a tyrant. She was, in a way, and she wasn't going to change that. But she considered herself a benevolent dictator, and in being so, she was willing to help Jules maintain his career as the prison's premiere drug supplier.

"Second, you're going to give me the names of those inmates who are extreme addicts," she continued. "I don't mind a little recreational drug use--"

That wasn't true, of course, but Charlie wanted Jules to feel he was safe in continuing his business and personal relationship. She continued, "--but if there are any serious junkies here in the blocks ... people whose drug use is going to cause me problems now that they are out and about and free to walk about and be a pain in my ass ... or are going to kill themselves with your products ... you're going to tell me who they are, so that I can get them help or boot them out."

She reached into the front pocket of her jeans and pulled out a baggie of pills, tossing it in amongst his current stash. "A down payment."

Charlie hesitated, not sure how Jules would react to this unexpected proposal.

Last edited:
Jules heard over the intercom about how Hairy Harvey Lewis would be killing off anyone who hadn't returned to their cells. He was already safe away, but it was yet another reminder of how serious Charlie was taking things. It was yet another suggestion that maybe he should have left.

But there was really nothing outside of the prison worth any of his time. The world had sunken deep into a burning trash heap and it didn't take a rocket scientist to know that despite everything, the prison was still the safer bet. Plus he had come to like this place. Someone under your sway do to you always giving them a fix had its way of making you feel in control.

Eventually Charlie did come to see Jules, his drug stash waiting on her when she arrived. He rested on his bed, looking up at the bars as she entered the room.

"Good to see you Higgins. I guess you are here as part of a crack down of sorts. I felt I should make your job a bit more easy. A lot of my customers already walked out the door earlier today and I don't want to be giving you a harder time so that's all the items I currently have. You can check my room to of course. Life really is just a lot better right now if we can all trust each other," Jules already went into his speech.

But he was opening his mouth a bit to fast. Charlie had her own statements to make, namely the untimely death of her brother. She laid it out, his death and how she felt about drug dealers such as himself and then did a complete 180 in her statements by saying she was going to allow him to keep having his business.

Jules knew all to well there had to be a catch and his first want was to ask about that, but that was the wrong course of action here.

"I cut the drugs myself. Your brother died needlessly because that dealer had countless customers to spare and knew they could always get more. They stopped caring about people long ago. If I get someone killed, I'm hung by the wall by my fellow inmates. That and read my records, I'm one of the few people here that hasn't killed anyone. People take my drugs because they trust me, I've earned that trust by not giving anything dangerous. Your stance against me is well earned, but I'm not harmful to anyone and I thank you for your trust," Jules said in return as he sat himself up.

Charlie then took her cue and lay down the catch. She wanted Jules to make her aware of any threats towards her and also let her know if he had any addicts that could cause a real harm. After that she put down a small bag of drugs to better the deal.

"Part of my trust is to try and not get anyone overly hooked," Jules lied in a way that only someone that had been making up stories most of his life could.

"But a few days ago someone was going through my drugs, trying to steal some off of me. I caught him in the act and then he nervously apologized, but I could tell in his eyes he would be trying to steal from me again. That's the only one that comes to mind," Jules stated and then gave the name of the convict.

This was all true, but Jules gave his name up because of course you can't make a profit off of someone that is just going to rob from you. As such, Jules did not mind Charlie getting rid of him and this would look all the better.

Things were already going better then expected.

"Your brother died needlessly..."

Charlie listened to Jules's description of drug dealers and their lack of concern for their customers, and she found herself nodding her head figuratively in her mind. He explained about his own sales policy regarding junkies, and Charlie found herself simultaneously thinking I want to shoot you in the head and This place needs you, Jules.

When he told her the name of the wannabe drug thief, Charlie actually nodded her head, saying solemnly, "Yeah, I know who you mean."

She didn't actually say she was going to do something about it, but her body language probably told Jules that that was indeed her plan. She looked down at his not-so-secret stash, then poked a finger through it. She asked, "Is there anything in here that will help me sleep tonight? Just tonight! I have no intention of becoming one of your customers."

Charlie gave him Jules the chance to supply or her choose not to. Either way would be fine with her. With that settled, she studied Jules a moment, then stood and walked up close to where he was sitting. She reached out for Jules's stubble covered chin and turned his head to the left, exposing his scar to her view.

"Tell me about this," she said, not with a simply casual tone but not with a demanding one either. This time with a hint of humor, Charlie said, "I can't decide whether it gives you character or just makes you look like a thug."

To be honest, she was just looking for an excuse to get a better viewing of Jules's handsome face. It had been quite a while since Charlie had had a lover, a real lover. She'd been serviced by two different female CO's for whom friends of hers on the outside had done favors as compensation to them; and she'd had a semi-satisfying screw with one of the male CO's, too.

But those had all been back during her first two years at Clark County Corrections. Charlie was ready to restart her paused sex life with a sex partner who could do more for her than her AAA battery powered BuzzBunny. Charlie had already begun actively fantasizing about having Chef Steven between her thighs, of course. But prior to her death sentence, Charlie had very rarely had just one lover at a time. Since she was 15 years old, she'd almost always had at least one male lover, usually two, as well as a female lover for those very special needs.

She doubted she would ever get hot and sweaty with Jules, though. He was a fucking drug dealer. It wasn't going to happen. Or ... was it? Life in the Three-C was getting strange, and there was no telling at this point just who Charlie might let put one or both of their heads between her thighs.

Charlie asked what drugs Jules had to help her sleep. It was a good sign, the pressure of her new job was already getting to her. Still he did not need to lie. He lightly tapped the bottle of pills for sleeping and smiled at her slightly.

"No charge," he said simply.

Then Charlie moved towards Jules and softly moved his face to get a better look at his scars. She asked about them and Jules was quick to respond. She had the paper work on him, she would find out soon enough.

"The scars were from a riot in here. Yes, before the Red Flu we had dozens in here, and of course it was locked off from the women's section. One of my fellow inmates took a shiv to my face, but one of the guards busted up my leg, and that really hurt. The scars they just add character. You'll read in the file that I did attack the guard back, but it was in self defense," Jules said.

In truth anger and rage had just come over him. He had been pushed to many times and when that prison guard went to far Jules just let his anger out. He hadn't really busted his leg, someone else did that, but the guard wasn't calming the situation down, and that set Jules off all the same. Of course he still didn't kill the man, Jules was honest about never killing anyone.

Jules did notice Charlie letting her eyes linger over his face. She wasn't well skilled at hiding her mind set like he was. It used to be that a woman having the eyes for Jules would make him a bit uncomfortable and put him a bit on edge, but that was when he was young. He had since slept with a few before being put behind bars for good and though he often didn't care to much for how his partner looked, the activity itself was quite enjoyable.

Charlie was likely a fine looking woman, she had caught Jules eye for a moment, but he had already gotten used to her and the feeling of her eye catching body had already drifted away as it always seemed to. Other men would keep looking at her and would keep wanting her, but of course the question came, how should Jules respond?

Charlie didn't need to know how Jules really felt anyways and if he could get on her good side and win her heart it could lead to him being treated even better. He sure wouldn't mind being allowed to get away with a few more crimes. But relationships were gambles and could become rocky fast. If she caught him once not making the proper looks at her it could be off with his head.

He would have to feel things out a bit more before trying to push the relationship into any kind of direction, but if she did make a move on him he would see about making one right back. His chess board was all set up.

Jules gently grabbed Charlie’s hand which still rested on his face and pulled it down. He held onto it for a moment, letting Charlie think what she wanted to.

“Thanks for the curiosity about my good looks. You’ll have to tell me what comes of the drug thief, but I wont keep you from your tasks any longer. You're going to need your beauty sleep,” Jules said. He smiled and wondered what Charlie's next move would be.

Last edited:
"No charge," Jules said about the bottle of sleeping aids he tossed Charlie.

She chuckled, responding softly, "There's no such thing as no charge in this place. Charlie did know some of the facts about what had happened to Jules's face, but -- if he was to be believed -- some of those facts simply weren't. For example, the record said another inmate had caused the damage to his leg.

Charlie lingered on studying his face, shifting her gaze to his eyes, studying him. Any man with half a brain, a bit of sexual experience, and a cock that needed servicing would have realized that she was flirting with him to at least a minor degree. She was surprised, then, that Jules didn't seem affected by the intimacy of being touched and studied in this way.

"You're going to need your beauty sleep,” he said, dismissing her in a roundabout way.

Charlie could take a hint: he wasn't into her, at least, not at this moment. Was it who she was, the woman who'd essentially taken over a prison and it's population by force, commanding them to play nice or get shot in the face? Was it that he simply didn't partake of pussy and was looking for a lover with the same equipment?

The truth of his feelings about sexuality escaped her at the moment. There was so much about how individuals approached sex and intimacy and gender empowerment, yadda yadda yadda, that Charlie simply didn't understand. Her own sex life had been pretty basic: get fucked by men, get licked by women, cum and make others cum.

Despite not knowing it now, there was far more to know on the subject. Jules might show her a different path, if he felt she was worth his time. Would that be a good thing for Charlie? Only time would tell.

"I'll see you tomorrow at breakfast," she said, backing away, then turning for the cell's exit. Over her shoulder she reminded him of their deal: "If you hear things you think I should know..."

Outside, she pulled the remote from her pocket and looked to him, asking, "Open or locked?"

She was giving him his choice. To ensure he knew why, she added, "If I see you out and about the block, I'll ignore it."

Leaving the door open meant that he could do business. No one else was out and about, so, it wasn't like he was going to get robbed.

"If you hear things you think I should know..." Charlie said as she left the cell.

"I will keep you aware of everything, you are the new warden after all," Jules responded in kind.

Charlie then asked about keeping the door locked or opened. Jules decided not to press his luck. Customers tonight would be crummy anyways what with the display Charlie had shown.

"Locked. Best not to seem like you're playing favorites," Jules stated with a sly smile.

After that the door was locked and Charlie parted to take care of other matters and Jules rested back in his bed. There was no telling what the prison would be by the time he woke up. It was just as likely that it would be burned to the ground as it was that he would be having breakfast tomorrow. Only time would tell. He closed his eyes and let himself hope for the best.

This side thread has ended. To check out the rest of the story, Behind Bars the thread can be found here: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1550126 this side thread started at post 11, read from there to fallow the story.

OOC: I'm just adding this reply so that when I look at my list of RP subscriptions, it shows that I have posted last. This way, I am not constantly thinking that I am a reply behind.

(My writing partner won't care, because this is a dead thread.)

Back