Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish I was allowed to wear my suit to it. The man I spoke to told me he would throw me out if I wore it. I look good in my suit...

I used to keep jellybeans in my gumball machine.

I may have to try that. For some reason, there appears to be a definite gumball shortage at the moment. Conspiracy theories, anyone?

Here I am, up and ready for work over an hour early, and I don't even have the job yet...

I should know by Wednesday if I have temporary employment there, then three months trial run, and after that I will either get a raise or fired :D

And just like that, I have another meeting scheduled for Monday at 1:00 pm :D

:( HUGE thunderstorm just passed overhead, with thunder going on for more than a minute and rain bucketing down. I hope Piglet and her fellow cub scouts are not soaked through at cub camp.

Meanwhile one of the goldfish has started swimming upside down. :rolleyes: Advice on the net says it may well sort itself out, "don't flush it", LOL. Kitten is safe, but no sign of Lakhi so I don't know where she was during the thunderstorm. Only one small frog forlornly sitting in the hallway - easily collected and tossed into the neighbour's pond.

When a frog appears in the kitchen doorway you do NOT chase it in the direction of the sink, leading to it leaping into the little gap in the skirting boards!

How fortunate that someone of bigger domestic brain has already loosened the skirting boards in order to get at kittens who used to run under there, and can poke the frog out with a broom and chase it back into the garden.
:cool:

When a frog appears in the kitchen doorway you do NOT chase it in the direction of the sink, leading to it leaping into the little gap in the skirting boards!

How fortunate that someone of bigger domestic brain has already loosened the skirting boards in order to get at kittens who used to run under there, and can poke the frog out with a broom and chase it back into the garden.
:cool:

I need to teach you how to cook frog legs. :D

I need to teach you how to cook frog legs. :D

Serious? You have a good recipe? I have eaten them but not acksherly tried cooking them yet. Maybe the Larousse Gastronimique will be of help ...
:p

I have a new job! I start tomorrow!

Making less money than my last job, but more than unemployment, and if I make it 90 days without getting fired I will get a raise, so I got that going for me.

Making less money than my last job, but more than unemployment, and if I make it 90 days without getting fired I will get a raise, so I got that going for me.

Hearty Best Wishes.

Congrats! Good luck on the 90 days!

Little did I realise that Piglet's goldfish finally ceasing to swim around (upside down) and requiring the delivery of a short but moving ceremony in the back garden, was going to be the high point of my day yesterday. :(

I wasn't that surprised not to get the funding I applied for, to do some outreach with student unions about my review blog. At least I got the chance to write an action plan for how to develop it, and I will go ahead and see if I can implement it on my ownio.

No, that wasn't the worst news either.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back