Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars!!

I've just spent a couple of hours sorting out my insurance renewal for one of my ancient Volvos. My current insurer's quote was 100% higher than last year.

After online searches I found a quote even less than last year at 45% of the cost, with all the same or better conditions.

I cancelled the renewal BUT they take the money out of my bank account 5 working days BEFORE the renewal date, so they're going to have to refund me. I had to read the masses of small print on their renewal statement to find that.

While sorting out the cancellation the online quote documentation had expired so I had to do it all by phone. The advisor had to read masses of information to me - information I had already seen on line.

But now I am insured at 45% of the cost it could have been.

Meanwhile - my newer Volvo passed its annual roadworthiness test but needs four new brake discs at £300. My older Volvo is being tested tomorrow morning. If it fails drastically I could have to scrap it - and my new insurance policy. Doh!

If it passes? I have another year of motoring with no depreciation. The value of both cars can't get any lower. They are almost worth more as scrap metal.

I've just spent a couple of hours sorting out my insurance renewal for one of my ancient Volvos. My current insurer's quote was 100% higher than last year.

After online searches I found a quote even less than last year at 45% of the cost, with all the same or better conditions.

I cancelled the renewal BUT they take the money out of my bank account 5 working days BEFORE the renewal date, so they're going to have to refund me. I had to read the masses of small print on their renewal statement to find that.

While sorting out the cancellation the online quote documentation had expired so I had to do it all by phone. The advisor had to read masses of information to me - information I had already seen on line.

But now I am insured at 45% of the cost it could have been.

Meanwhile - my newer Volvo passed its annual roadworthiness test but needs four new brake discs at £300. My older Volvo is being tested tomorrow morning. If it fails drastically I could have to scrap it - and my new insurance policy. Doh!

If it passes? I have another year of motoring with no depreciation. The value of both cars can't get any lower. They are almost worth more as scrap metal.

The last Volvo i had was a 1956 in Canary Yellow. It had a 4 cylinder with dual SU"s and a four speed. My Father-in-law willed it to me when he died. It had an LF radio. :D

My wife at the time flew out for the funeral. I bought a one ton van at auction and drove it out to resell it. I made enough off that van to pay for her round-trip plane ticket and my gas. I drove the Volvo home, approximately 1680 miles.

The car had over a hundred thousand miles on it when i got it. About 300 miles from home, the master cylinder started to leak. I finished the trip using the handbrake. A rebuild kit for the master cylinder cost me a whopping twelve dollars.

It was to be our spare car but my wife loved to drive it so it became her car of choice. At two hundred and fifty thousand miles it started to smoke on startup and under hard power. I rebuilt the motor and redid the heads for less than a hundred and fifty dollars.

After my wife died the car had around 300 thousand on it. I put it for auction and got over five grand for it. To tell the truth, I wish i still had it. It was totally rust free and last i heard it was still being driven by the guy who bought it.

Nothing beats an old Volvo.

My 12-year old Vauxhall has less than 90,000 miles on it.
I'll scrap it when it gets too expensive to keep it going.
I really don't want to drive a computer with wheels.
:)

After my wife died the car had around 300 thousand on it. I put it for auction and got over five grand for it. To tell the truth, I wish i still had it. It was totally rust free and last i heard it was still being driven by the guy who bought it.

Nothing beats an old Volvo.

My uncle had a 1950 Standard Vanguard. He replaced it in 1963 with the last ever model with the Standard name, the Standard Ensign De Luxe.

The Standard dealer sold his Standard Vanguard to a near neighbour who was still driving it when my uncle replaced his Standard Ensign.

The neighbour's grandson is STILL driving that Standard Vanguard but now only uses it for classic car rallies.

I've got a 'light meter' ie., a meter for measuring Light.
It does it in "Lux"
How on earth can I convert to something useful for photography ?

I've just hit the submit button for a new 1400 word story. That's very short compared with my recent efforts and was written within 24 hours while taking a break from writing my second Nude Day story.

It will probably sink unnoticed. :rolleyes:

Let us know when it's up ?

The blue pending button has turned grey and the 'date of last submission' is 3 June - so Lensky's Aria should appear tomorrow.

How many people will know what Lensky's Aria is? That would be an interesting question, and Lensky doesn't feature in the story. His aria is usually sung in Russian which makes my title even more obscure.

Lensky's Aria is posted.

https://www.literotica.com/s/lenskys-aria

I've got a 'light meter' ie., a meter for measuring Light.
It does it in "Lux"
How on earth can I convert to something useful for photography ?

Two ways HP -

an approximation table:

Examples
Illuminance Surfaces illuminated by:
0.0001 lux Moonless, overcast night sky (starlight)[3]
0.002 lux Moonless clear night sky with airglow[3]
0.27–1.0 lux Full moon on a clear night[3][4]
3.4 lux Dark limit of civil twilight under a clear sky[5]
50 lux Family living room lights (Australia, 1998)[6]
80 lux Office building hallway/toilet lighting[7][8]
100 lux Very dark overcast day[3]
320–500 lux Office lighting[6][9][10][11]
400 lux Sunrise or sunset on a clear day.
1000 lux Overcast day;[3] typical TV studio lighting
10000–25000 lux Full daylight (not direct sun)[3]
32000–100000 lux Direct sunlight

Lux-to-EV Converter:

http://www.intl-lighttech.com/support/calculators/calculator05

Fucking cow. Someone needs to remind it that its made out of steak.

Spent all week making a mini bike track for my kids. Had it all nicely level and smooth with jumps, waiting for a bit of rain to firm it up.

Rained last night and the cow got in and stomped all around it. Chased it on the quad bike round and round yelling and having a tantrum.

Gave up in disgust when all the horses came in through the gate I was trying to get the cow out.

Tracks fucked.

Have to wait till it drys, harrow it all again and then wait till it rains again.

Fucken cow. fuck fuck arse tit fuck shit.

/tourettes

Thanks for the posts above about my new story Lensky's Aria. The comments have been complimentary and are appreciated.

The votes? Every time it gets close to 4.5 someone votes it down again. But I'm pleased with the attention given to a very short story not in a contest.

Thanks again.

So, taking a little care to get a half-decent photo, I get in some obscure spot , set the focus and all the rest of it, then the Sun goes in and wind gets up.

Gnash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back