Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more day then a weekend of drinking. :rolleyes:

I hate you! LOL.

One more day, then a weekend of 'Staff Development' :rolleyes: (when I say it's run and presented by my line managers, you know I need say no more ...), trying to get to Piglet's concert, cooking, inviting some people over so I can do sociable cooking (and that means clearing out the veg patch which the cat has adopted as a toilet - pooo-EY!), washing, cleaning and ironing.

And as I am trying to get Piglet more self-confident by means of occasionally letting her do what she wants instead of what I think we would enjoy, I have got to watch The Voice final from last weekend on I-Player tonight, while eating chicken nuggets and chips. Ugh ugh ugh! LOL.

Ogg, I will do a swap. You do all that and I will take your grandchildren for you. :cool:

(BTW, TGP, I really laughed at your releasing a wise thought per day on FB, but realising you would forget two of them after one day! :D)

One more day, then a weekend of 'Staff Development' :rolleyes: (when I say it's run and presented by my line managers, you know I need say no more ...), ...

Ogg, I will do a swap. You do all that and I will take your grandchildren for you. :cool:

I'd swap for the weekend of 'Staff Development'. Your managers would never recover.

I was thrown off a "Leadership" course for taking over from the presenters and trashing their ideas. I used to be responsible for two training departments, one in London and one in Birmingham, two Apprentice training schools (same locations) and a film unit producing training videos. The training departments and film unit became self-funding by selling their services. The most popular course and video?

"How to make people redundant".

I'd start with your managers. :)

I'd swap for the weekend of 'Staff Development'. Your managers would never recover.

I was thrown off a "Leadership" course for taking over from the presenters and trashing their ideas. I used to be responsible for two training departments, one in London and one in Birmingham, two Apprentice training schools (same locations) and a film unit producing training videos. The training departments and film unit became self-funding by selling their services. The most popular course and video?

"How to make people redundant".

I'd start with your managers. :)

:D:D:D

I wish I could switch on my netbook and secretly import you into the session!

Unfortunately at least one line manager is already using my marking ideas to tell me (and others) how to develop ourselves :rolleyes: - although she also of course will take the opportunity to tell me something else I ought to have done differently. So motivating. (Not.)

Now she's asking if I can swap my tutorial tomorrow - even though she doesn't yet know it's not going ahead because there was such confusion after she interfered that none of the students are coming - for one in the place I go to that's an even longer journey away :rolleyes:. I nearly emailed shirtily saying, I already did the prep for the tutorial. If it doesn't go ahead, that is not my problem. I will not do extra work for yet another weekend in lieu. Then I thought, just skip it so I didn't reply to her question, just to another one!

Good news, tho. By avoiding asking her about it, I have been able to get paid properly to deliver an extra tutorial without problems - and in a pub! :)

Hi Jack,
I have a folding chair. but I love the idea of the backpack & beer can version.

The fishermen that visit the beach opposite my house at night come with a shelter, a seat, a cool box that takes four six-packs of beer, a light, an air bed...

And fishing tackle. They cast into the sea then wait, and wait. There is a tell-tale light on the rod's tip. Some of them have an alarm linked to the light that buzzes on a remote clipped to their belts. They need that because they are often many yards away from their rods in a drinking group...

Edited for PS. I don't know how competent they are at catching fish but they always remove any litter and recycle their beer cans.

I finished one short story. I was thinking of starting on another, notes and a sort of synopsis of which are on my iPad because I was trying out an app called Inkwell. Problem: PennGirl has the iPad.

I finished one short story. I was thinking of starting on another, notes and a sort of synopsis of which are on my iPad because I was trying out an app called Inkwell. Problem: PennGirl has the iPad.

Ah. . .
Dear Bank Manager. . . .

I had the iPad but then she snagged it again. First to make a milkshake. Now she's playing Plants vs. Zombies. I guess I'll just have to work from memory.

I had the iPad but then she snagged it again. First to make a milkshake. Now she's playing Plants vs. Zombies. I guess I'll just have to work from memory.

I'm not sure I should ask this but;
how does one make a milkshake with an iPad ?

If, perhaps, you can be trusted with a copy ?

I have several from the 19th and early 20th Centuries.

'First catch your hare'

'A place for everything and everything in its place'

'...there are few families of respectability, from the shopkeeper in the next street to the nobleman whose mansion dignifies the next square, which do not contain among their dependents attached and useful servants; and where these are absent altogether, there are good reasons for it. The sensible master and the kind mistress know, that if servants depend on them for their means of living, in their turn they are dependent on their servants for very many of the comforts of life; and that, with a proper amount of care in choosing servants, and treating them like reasonable beings, and making slight excuses for the shortcomings of human nature, they will, save in some exceptional case, be tolerably well served, and, in most instances, surround themselves with attached domestics.'

I ought to stop buying cheap 'original' art from eBay - see http://forum.literotica.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50 this thread in Visual Artists Corner.

When I see works of art I like, apparently by people I have heard of, at stupidly low prices, I can't resist a tentative bid. I set myself an upper limit beyond which I will not go for art with no provenance and stick to it.

But I have won so many great pieces for cheapskate prices...

Even if they are fakes, they are convincing, hand-made fakes for less than the cost of a print from an art shop. Wouldn't you want to own a Picasso or two for the price of a cheap meal?

Beer....check
Snacks....check
Now here's hoping the race is not on rain delay too much

My sister makes baked goods to order, and every time she makes cupcakes all I can think of is this:
15628-OH_LOOK-Cupcakes_zps4bf82dbc.jpg

Very carefully? :) Fear not, it's just an app. She enjoys the apps to make cupcakes, donuts, sandwiches and now milkshakes.
LOL, Piglet loves Plants vs. Zombies, too.

Mrs Beeton is the housewife's friend.

I use Mrs. B (a modern new one) for much of my practical cooking! (Ie, anything that is not poaching a salmon in a cakemixer :D.)

My sister makes baked goods to order, and every time she makes cupcakes all I can think of is this:

:D TGP! you are so naughty! You are on a roll right now - don't stop! (Thinks briefly of the Rolling Stones on last night, singing very badly but nobody cared.)

Well, I survived the Staff Development event - without getting angry at
a) the line manager saying blithely "How are you guys getting on organising that upcoming event?" (Uh, that is your job.) "I haven't looked at my email for a couple of days."
b) the line manager using constant examples of how I provide feedback to students as examples of how to do it, then still having a go and saying my marking is 'aberrant' and I must pull the marks down so they are in line with the other lecturers' marks (my colleague kindly struck up: "Maybe it's good teaching, not aberrant marking?" but line management he say, No possibile! Statistics do not lie, must be stupid bad marking.
And as there were only two of us left by the end of the day (oh, I wonder why), they let us out early without making us pretend to mark some made-up assignments - I mean, we have only been marking hundreds of the things for about twelve years between the two of us, and I have got a ton of them coming my way tomorrow for real! :mad:

And I survived Piglet's solo at the violin concert. Last year she was in a state of shock after we had just lost Outlaw Mom, to whom she was very close, and she took her shoes off on stage, then tried to put them on again and played balanced precariously on the backs of the shoes with her feet half in them :eek:. So I was mainly hoping she would just get through it - and she actually played really well, sniffle sniffle. (I'm not just saying that cuz I am her mom, I am a mean judgemental mom.)
:rose:

And the cat started giving birth about midnight in my bed.

Yah, a typical day in Stepford! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back