Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new pillow last week, but didn't get around to using it until last night. It is my first pillow in around 30 years. Because it was so old, my previous pillow was really flat. Really old and nasty, but really flat. This is what I am used to. A super flat pillow. One of the reasons I haven't bought a new pillow in the last ten years is because all of the newer pillows I see on the shelves look way too fluffy. I have problems with hotel pillows being too fluffy is well.

The new pillow was bought over the internet. It was advertized as being pancake flat. It is still too fluffy... :(

There is no way I can go back to the old one again though. Just looking at it next to the new one made me wonder how I put up with such and old nasty thing...

Today doesn't feel like Friday. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I could use a day off tomorrow (or today, wait, I'm at work already...). But I feel like I missed something. And that is my biggest fear in life, that I am missing something. So to miss an entire day? Not thrilling.

The government (in the form of Ben Bernanke's Federal Reserve) is suppressing interest rates. How much are you being paid on your savings?

Meanwhile, inflation is rolling along at 3-odd percent. Government is— of course— effectively stealing from savers. A penny saved isn't worth a penny.

As can be seen in this chart, a 1982-84 dollar is actually worth $0.439 ( 100/227.63 ).

Index of Inflation (CPI):

fredgraph.png

Last edited:
I could sleep--if I could just finish plowing through what I have left to do tonight before going to bed.

i did sleep like the dead for 8 hours. I could have slept longer but work called.

I got three extra hours last night, and I feel like I could go back for another hour if I wanted to.

I am wondering what moron in my family decided it would be a good idea to get my ninety year old mother a puppy.

I want this bug, whatever it is, that has smitten my wife and I to cease, desist and depart.

We have been coughing, sneezing, running temperatures and unable to do much more than drag ourselves from bed to the bathroom, to the kettle for hot drinks and back to bed again - for five days.

My hand is shaking so much from shivering that I am having difficulty typing.

I'm going to sign off, shut down, and go back to bed.

I want this bug, whatever it is, that has smitten my wife and I to cease, desist and depart.

We have been coughing, sneezing, running temperatures and unable to do much more than drag ourselves from bed to the bathroom, to the kettle for hot drinks and back to bed again - for five days.

My hand is shaking so much from shivering that I am having difficulty typing.

I'm going to sign off, shut down, and go back to bed.

Feel better soon, Ogg. :rose:

My blurt: This proves it. Not required, unnecessary, decidedly de trop and without redeeming value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back