Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try not to hurt any one too badly. ;)

That's the least of my worries, believe me. We wear pads, so no one gets hurt too bad - usually. A girl that trains with me broke her arm sparring two weeks ago. I KEEP bruises along my legs and arms. Part of it, I suppose.

Good luck Cloudy. Stay loose and have fun with it.

Thanks. :)

I wasn't going to enter the fighting part of the tourney, but then my Shihan told me that I should, and that it wouldn't surprise her if I won my division - she says that most women aren't very aggressive, and I tend to be that way. :)

Still nervous, though.:eek:

If I don't get paid this week (as promised) I will be searching for a new job the week after, and quitting all of my expenses in the interim (kung fu, the gym, snack food, selling my car if need be).

If I don't get paid this week (as promised) I will be searching for a new job the week after, and quitting all of my expenses in the interim (kung fu, the gym, snack food, selling my car if need be).

If you're anything at all like me, martial arts classes aren't an indulgence, but a necessary outlet, ya know? ;)

If you're anything at all like me, martial arts classes aren't an indulgence, but a necessary outlet, ya know? ;)

I would have curled into a ball and died years ago if I hadn't taken it up. I am supposed to be testing for my gray sash this month, but if I don't get paid, that isn't going to happen (I might not be able to afford that even if I do get paid :eek: ).

I would have curled into a ball and died years ago if I hadn't taken it up. I am supposed to be testing for my gray sash this month, but if I don't get paid, that isn't going to happen (I might not be able to afford that even if I do get paid :eek: ).

Totally understand. Testing ain't cheap.

I test again a week from Friday, I'll be about halfway to my black. Seems like the tests come so fast!

Totally understand. Testing ain't cheap.

I test again a week from Friday, I'll be about halfway to my black. Seems like the tests come so fast!

This one has been a long time coming. My last test was... Years ago. A few knee injuries later... Here I am! With no money...

Too many ellipsis-es-es...

I need a resume...

People just don't get me, they think they do...but they don't.

Hit me...and I don't turn the other cheek, I will drop you.

Hurt me, I'll hold it inside

ask to see me cry...won't happen

Love me, I'll give you my heart

Hate me, your loss.

disrespect me..I'll make you pay

touch my kids...they won't find your body

laugh with me...you'll split your sides.

I've been cleaning roof tiles.

Our house was built in 1939 and the roof tiles were made in Belgium. The factory was destroyed during WWII.

It has taken two years to find some secondhand tiles of the right size and shape. Unfortunately the tiles I bought recently, although the correct dimensions, are red and my roof tiles are green.

So now I'm scrubbing red roof tiles to get 70 years of grime and moss off them before I can paint them green.

Only 80 tiles left to be scrubbed.

All this just to cover the hole that will be left when a redundant chimney is removed.

I'll still have two operational chimneys. That's enough.

Unlike my old house. That had ten operational chimneys, two closed room heating stoves, seven open fireplaces and a coke-fired AGA cooker. The chimney sweep's bill was large and each winter I shovelled eight tonnes of solid fuel in and a few tonnes of ashes out.

Og

I've managed to break another finger, with the chuks this time...and just in time for the tournament this weekend and testing next week. Yay me. :rolleyes:

I've managed to break another finger, with the chuks this time...and just in time for the tournament this weekend and testing next week. Yay me. :rolleyes:

Me too. Only not with the chuks. Hand sledge beating out U-joints.

Me too. Only not with the chuks. Hand sledge beating out U-joints.

If nothing else, it's proof of how much damage you can do with a pair of nunchuks (it was only a glancing blow, and I can't even bend my finger :eek: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back