Is there a story of yours close to an H that doesn’t have one?

Two 4.48s and one 4.49 in stories.
A poem with 4.57 that only has seven votes.
I have a small fan club that jumps on every new thing I write with favorites and 5s, then reality sets in.

I've had some hot stuff upon initial release before, but most of my stuff settles at around 4.2.

x10 and I'd have the answer... to life... the universe... and hotness?

Following my reply to this thread above... as I've continued posting more chapters of my main series, they have been averaging 4.42.

I just posted the latest chapter (10), and after 3 days it has climbed up and hit the magic 4.5! Am very exited and hoping it stays there.

--

Strewth - now 4.69 after 4 weeks. So happy!

Last edited:
I have one that was hot for a good while, then settled at 4.49 and it's driving me crazy haha.

https://literotica.com/s/sex-violence-and-spaceships-ch-01

Something interesting happened to my ratings a few weeks ago. At first I only wrote in Sci-fi/Fantasy, where the average ratings are usually pretty high. Then I wrote a story in Loving Wives, which seemed to do really well even though it was rated lower than what I was used to. I got a bunch of new followers from that one story.

Then, it looks like all these folks from Loving Wives went through my old stuff and lowered the ratings. Talk about a backfire :LOL:

Has anyone else here had something like that happen?
Thanks

I have one that was hot for a good while, then settled at 4.49 and it's driving me crazy haha.

Something interesting happened to my ratings a few weeks ago. At first I only wrote in Sci-fi/Fantasy, where the average ratings are usually pretty high. Then I wrote a story in Loving Wives, which seemed to do really well even though it was rated lower than what I was used to. I got a bunch of new followers from that one story.

Then, it looks like all these folks from Loving Wives went through my old stuff and lowered the ratings. Talk about a backfire :LOL:

Thanks
Only been here a lil bit.... but I've heard the folks in Loving Wives are NUTS! :} And to stay away.

My only fantasy story has my lowest rating so far... though I do have some folks keen for a follow up chapter.

Thanks
Ouch. There should be a way to discourage flaming like that.

My only fantasy story has my lowest rating so far... though I do have some folks keen for a follow up chapter.

Hold on to those folk. Eventually the haters will run their course. It's cyclical. They'll move on hating on something else, but your reader that liked what you wrote and followed are worth preserving. Grow your audience.

Let me begin By saying this thread has helped a couple of my other stories reach the H mark.

I do have a story called Nasty in Nashville that is very close could use 1-3 more votes and would also get to that H level!

Thanks in advance to my reviewers!!

Okay, I see the "H" red mark - what does it mean?
It stands for Hot and means your story has a score of 4.5 or above (out of 5).
It may help attract readers. I know when I first started reading at LIT, I looked for high ratings to help me choose among the huge number of stories.

It stands for Hot and means your story has a score of 4.5 or above (out of 5).
It may help attract readers. I know when I first started reading at LIT, I looked for high ratings to help me choose among the huge number of stories.
Sometimes my brain sees things like that, and just thinks - Well, everyone else liked it, but - what hidden gems am I missing by following the crowd. How about I click on this, that only has 50 hits...

(Then it's often not that great and I go look at the Hot items. :) )

Sometimes my brain sees things like that, and just thinks - Well, everyone else liked it, but - what hidden gems am I missing by following the crowd. How about I click on this, that only has 50 hits...

(Then it's often not that great and I go look at the Hot items. :) )
Right there with you.
Although, I do check out lower scores in Loving Wives, knowing they just may indicate no BTB.
:D

Ahhh. Well some day my muse will fully reconnect with me and I might be able to cross the 4.5 threshold. At present, I'm very happy to see 4s.

Ahhh. Well some day my muse will fully reconnect with me and I might be able to cross the 4.5 threshold. At present, I'm very happy to see 4s.
I took a glance at your stuff. Your prose is good. If you want to chase that H (and I'm not saying you should) I'm sure you only need to write a longer piece (2-3 lit pages) and make sure to categorize it properly. 1 page stories struggle to get good scores. I assume it's because readers are either disappointed it didn't continue, and so vote negatively, or they don't have enough time to really fall in love with it, so you get 3s and 4s instead of 5s.

Dreams of Him is in the Mature category and started low but has been slowly climbing. Right now it's at 4.48 with 132 votes. For a while I wasn't sure what the readers were put off by, but now I think, it's just that it didn't end the way they expected. I set it up for the expected ending and then changed course at the last minute. I'm happy with it and I got some very nice comments from readers who "got it."

Last edited:
Both Movie Night (lesbian) and Vertigo (true non-con/incest) are at 4.49 with about 60 votes each. They'll sit days without votes, but as soon as they teeter over into the 4.50's someone pokes them back down again 😅

Snowed In with a Predator is currently at 4.48 / 27 😭
Definitely not my cup of tea, but I dropped a fiver in your pocket just for the sheer distaste of Salt that you gave me 😅 dang, that was a vivid antagonist.

Oh, I probably misused the term. I just meant getting upvoted for successfully writing an awful person. "Thanks I hate him"?

Back