Is there a story of yours close to an H that doesn’t have one?

One story at 4.67 and NINE REVIEWS.. Though others that have more than ten reviews are either above 4.5 or far below it. Why they gave that one almost 4.2 I do not know.

Thanks to everyone here that helped as my Dani’s secret Garden series all 3 stories are staying H (for now anyways)

My favorite overall story of mine is called Rabbit in the Hailstorm and i get a lot of positive messages about it from fans but it seems to hover so close and yet so far from that silly little H keeps driving me crazy lol…it does have a decent amount of reviews so I’m happy with it but thinking 1-2 more honest reviews can send it back to the H

Glad this thread has helped others secure Hs. I have locked voting out of my stories. Just not enough readers willing to vote highly. Oh well. At least now they can all be equally safe in ratings and the good feedback still applies.

Some categories seem to have elicit great scores and no comments. others are the opposite. Of course I enjoy getting 4.5 and above but am happy when I get above a 4 in any category.
My most consistently high ratings are my longer serial stories. "Slave Camp" did very well in the NC category. I think it was because I told a story and readers began to get involved in the plot. They liked or hated characters. I used the same 'universe' for "My Mother Owns Me'. I kept right under the 4.5 level for most of it. The comments and PM's I got were great. It elicited a response as people engaged themselves in the story.
I have an idea where I may cross categories and put a chapter into LW just for the hell of it. I don't know how it will work. I like to keep my stories in the same genre.

One story at 4.67 and NINE REVIEWS.. Though others that have more than ten reviews are either above 4.5 or far below it. Why they gave that one almost 4.2 I do not know.
I am guessing it is the genre. Sci/fi is one of those where acceptance of the absurd or imaginative is easy. readers either like the story or not but are not going to bother to write 'great' after giving you a 5.
But when you write something where the person acts 'wrong' in some categories you will hear about it. I get 'how can that guy accept that without killing somebody?"
I have even had points of law argued in my stories. (gets me to check on google while writing).

Glad this thread has helped others secure Hs. I have locked voting out of my stories. Just not enough readers willing to vote highly. Oh well. At least now they can all be equally safe in ratings and the good feedback still applies.
Thanks again! It’s a great idea for a thread! Just checked and Rabbit in the Hailstorm is stuck at 4.36….sooo close. If anyone feels like rating a short story find them on my profile under about me. Thanks to everyone who helped my new series Dani’s Secret Garden seems to be staying Hot..for now at least

I have three stories sitting above 4.4, including my first ever LW story. One is new with few ratings, so it is still fluctuating, but it was above 4.5 for a while, then dropped below. Ouch. It's a short (and probably sweet and innocent) E&V story. With no sex scene, which is probably why it's not rating high. And Then There Were Five

Part IV of Fateful Kiss. 4.75 score, but only 8 votes.
I think I just took too long to conclude the story, so the initial readers lost interest, and when it was marked "new", people didn't necessarily want to read from the start.

I am super proud of my story Cheeky https://literotica.com/s/cheeky-2
I believe its score is down due to the the characters being stepdad and stepdaughter in the family/taboo category, but the story is light and erotic and was a blast to write. It gets tons of views but I imagine some readers are either not voting or giving it 4 stars because they aren't blood relatives.

I am super proud of my story Cheeky https://literotica.com/s/cheeky-2
I believe its score is down due to the the characters being stepdad and stepdaughter in the family/taboo category, but the story is light and erotic and was a blast to write. It gets tons of views but I imagine some readers are either not voting or giving it 4 stars because they aren't blood relatives.

When I saw this I thought Cheeky had a new sequel and got excited *grin*

I read somewhere that I/T flames anything that is not immediate blood relations, so I'd say your score there was pretty good! I enjoyed the story and left you a review and 5 stars. Good luck! Hopefully we can give this one a nudge in the right direction.

Part IV of Fateful Kiss. 4.75 score, but only 8 votes.
I think I just took too long to conclude the story, so the initial readers lost interest, and when it was marked "new", people didn't necessarily want to read from the start.
I definitely saw readership in my story decline from one chapter to the next, and thinking about it, I am also guilty of passing by stories when I see it is a series and I have not read it from the beginning.

Made me think that unless the author already had a large following, I would cap a story at no more than three parts and then, if I wanted to keep using the characters, start a new story that people can jump on easier.

Last edited:
Made me think that unless the author already had a large following, I would cap a story at no more than three parts and then, if I wanted to keep using the characters, start a new story that people can jump on easier.
This seems like really good advice. I'm just starting out as an author here and will definitely take it to heart.

Chapter 5 of my ongoing fantasy series is sitting at a score of 5, with 9 ratings (and I understand it takes 10 ratings to take it to 'hot.') Not a big deal (since it's an ongoing series and I know readership tapers off with that many chapters), but it has been itching me that it's been stuck at 9 ratings for so long, lol.

https://literotica.com/s/drowning-at-dusk-ch-05

Too Early Not to Fuck spent all yesterday hovering on 4.49, while perhaps 150 new votes were added. Never hit 4.50. :(

This morning it's down to 4.48, sadly.
Your story accumulated 150 votes in one day? That's crazy impressive.

I'll check it out and see if I can give it a bump but once your vote count gets into the hundreds, single votes don't move the needle much. I've had a story at 4.49 for a while now, and I see the vote count very slowly tick up now and then but it hasn't changed the score *shrugs* trying to learn to live and love my 4.49 lol!

Your story accumulated 150 votes in one day? That's crazy impressive.

I'll check it out and see if I can give it a bump but once your vote count gets into the hundreds, single votes don't move the needle much. I've had a story at 4.49 for a while now, and I see the vote count very slowly tick up now and then but it hasn't changed the score *shrugs* trying to learn to live and love my 4.49 lol!
Thanks!
It's in I/T, so there's heavy traffic. People seem to like the series, too. It actually has 540 votes after two days.

This made me look through my scores because I don't keep track of them.

I have a 4.50 and know why, its in Taboo and has some abuse themes.

I have a 4.48 and I understand that one as well

There's a 4.49 also in taboo and TBH I'm not sure why its lower rated than the other two in the series.

After that other than a couple 4.44 anything less than a 4.50 is considerably lower.

I don't need any votes or help on any of these, which is why I'm not posting links. They are what they are, this just sparked me to look.

Back