Is refering to a man as a 'steer' erotic?

Sunadmire

Experienced
Good day everyone
I'm asking the question because English is my second language.
I'm working on a group sex story with two men and three women - the two men are related to two of the women by being live-in partners. The third woman is the neighbor of one of the couples.
The younger man is very well endowed with a 'dick like a horse' after which he is referred to as a stallion, and the women 'ride their steed'.
With this in mind, I decided to refer to the older man as a bull, so the women can do a 'bull ride', but it didn't have the allure. I considered stud and bovine, but these didn't create the same feel as 'stallion'. I thought of 'stag' with the same objection.

Then I came across the term 'steer' (the women can still have a bull ride) until I found out that a steer is sterile. (Did I mention that Enlish is my second language).

As luck would have it, the older man IS sterile, so the use of this variant for bull wouldn't be out of place. I consider an initial reference to 'stud', which would be changed/corrected to 'steer' by his partner. I can use use adjectives like raging, rampant, boulsterous, etc to enhance the image of the 'steer'.

I'm not committed to Steer or other alternate words. I thought of a (Billy) goat and stag, but I would prefer something powerful.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Sun Admire

Steer? No, not at all. You're correct, a steer is a castrated bull, but it's raised strictly for beef (rather than for breeding). Bulls are high-strung (see, bullfighting) but steers are somewhat more docile, not having all that testosterone, so steers aren't interested in mounting the cows. I don't think the more mature man in your example would appreciate the comparison.

For reference, I was raised on a farm with cows, a couple of bulls, and a few steers we raised to keep the freezer full. I avoided the bulls.

Good day everyone
I'm asking the question because English is my second language.
I'm working on a group sex story with two men and three women - the two men are related to two of the women by being live-in partners. The third woman is the neighbor of one of the couples.
The younger man is very well endowed with a 'dick like a horse' after which he is referred to as a stallion, and the women 'ride their steed'.
With this in mind, I decided to refer to the older man as a bull, so the women can do a 'bull ride', but it didn't have the allure. I considered stud and bovine, but these didn't create the same feel as 'stallion'. I thought of 'stag' with the same objection.

Then I came across the term 'steer' (the women can still have a bull ride) until I found out that a steer is sterile. (Did I mention that Enlish is my second language).

As luck would have it, the older man IS sterile, so the use of this variant for bull wouldn't be out of place. I consider an initial reference to 'stud', which would be changed/corrected to 'steer' by his partner. I can use use adjectives like raging, rampant, boulsterous, etc to enhance the image of the 'steer'.

I'm not committed to Steer or other alternate words. I thought of a (Billy) goat and stag, but I would prefer something powerful.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Sun Admire
It is not a term one generally hears in reference to people or their sexual practices, so your readers would likely react with something like confusion, at least outside of the Nonhuman category maybe. Or if they've watched the movie Full Metal Jacket, they might simply assume he's from Texas.

Slightly confusing perhaps but a bullock is also a castrated bull. It is a synonym for a steer. Crudely, a bullock has lost his bollocks.

For the record if I ever meet Hartman, as a Texan I plan to educate him- violently if necessary- about how wrong he is concerning my people. Already taught similar lessons to many similar jerks.

I suspect a lot of first-language English readers won't know what a "steer" is either, if they don't come from a farming background. To those who do know, it's not going to be a sexy image. You're better off with "bull" or "stud".

For the record if I ever meet Hartman, as a Texan I plan to educate him- violently if necessary- about how wrong he is concerning my people. Already taught similar lessons to many similar jerks.
He's fictional, and also dead, so you probably don't need to worry too much about that scenario.

šŸ˜… ā€œSteerā€ is definitely not what youā€™re looking for.

ā€œStudā€ has been used so much that it may work better in a joking manner. ā€œHey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed and lose me forever.ā€ - quote from Top Gun.

ā€œSireā€ Is a grand sounding term, used for a prime breeding horse or bull or whatever. Itā€™s almost too much, too hyperbolic, but it could work well depending on the context.

I could imagine your characters admiring the young ā€˜studā€™ but commenting on how the older guy was the real ā€˜sireā€™ of the group.

Stud could still work, if you emphasize the breeding angle, but as has been said it's pretty well worn as a term. It's essentially making the same journey that "Nimrod" did from a respectable word to a joke.

How about a "beast"? You can act like one, fuck like one, move like one, smell like one (probably not a good thing) even look like one.

If it's something of a cuckold where the old man gets off on minimal participation, "steer" would be a pretty apt descriptor to sell the metaphor and seems like it'd be erotic to people who enjoy that kind of thing.

Given the young dude is hung, I think it would still work in your story if the old man is seen as a lesser fuck, especially if the old man's partner prefers the young dude. But without power dynamics of some sort, I think it'd be better to use something other than "steer."

As a side, a common way of castration is to tie a rubber band around the ballsā€”"banding." Slowly, blood flow is constricted, the balls quite literally turn blue, and they almost painlessly fall off. It's the frog in the slow boiling pot metaphor to becoming a steer.

In Horse Talk (it's own language), the terms Sire and Dame are referred to in reference to another horse, as in "Blue Devil" is the Sire and "Red Velvet" is the Dame of "Purple Junior". They're terms used to indicate lineage, where appropriate or relevant. Neither is used to indicate the particular horse individually, or a horse's gender generically.

We have the Ogg heroism event coming up. I'd love to read about such an encounter with a Hartman-like DI. Doesn't have to be on base. Might be he is your neighbor noticing your license plates as you moved from Texas. Or maybe you meet him in a bar. He thumps you or you thump him, and the hot bartender (from Texas) admires your heroism and gives you a reward? Or the Hartman-like DI learns you were former military and buys you a beer while you tell of foreign loves.

Back