Is being a brick house good?

I'm gonna have to google that saying because I'm sorry the first woman who heard that should have decked the guy. It doesn't sound like a compliment.

It's not something a guy would say to a gal, but about a gal, to another guy.

I remember hearing the expression in the late 60's from construction workers. It never referred to a man. A woman who was "built like a brick shithouse," was the highest quality a man could ever hope to have.

A big strong man was "built like an oak."

It was "built like an ox" when I was growing up. Women, though, were always "built like a brick shit house".

You didn't grow up in the family he did.

His father would refer to men as brick shit houses.

Wow. You are losing it man. What happened? You are normally funny. See I would have gone with;

He has always had issues telling the difference between the pink and the stink.

Or maybe:

Internal gender issues often find their way in to other aspects.

It is no wonder you have stuck to preying on the weak links lately. :cool:

Oh and FYI: Google is everyones friend.

Brick Shit House:

A very big person, normally male who is as broad as he is tall yet carries very little fat. Not the sort of person you would willingly upset.

Term comes from the large brick built outside toilets once common in working class areas of the UK.

*snippage*

Brick Shit House:

A very big person, normally male who is as broad as he is tall yet carries very little fat. Not the sort of person you would willingly upset.

Term comes from the large brick built outside toilets once common in working class areas of the UK.

See I would have never thought "built like a brick house" referenced a man in any way. I guess cuz I only ever said it (or heard it) in reference to women.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Yes, comparing a woman or man to architecture, construction, or building is always a compliment.

"Hey babe, you remind me of a four-story office building with two adjoining parking lots. Niiiiice lots!"

Yes, comparing a woman or man to architecture, construction, or building is always a compliment.

"Hey babe, you remind me of a four-story office building with two adjoining parking lots. Niiiiice lots!"

Being compared to the leaning tower of Pisa probably means that I shouldn't have had that last martini. :(

I will compare the women in this thread to famous mosques.

neci - the Great Mosque of Djenné, because she's hot and kinda dirty.

Luna - the Al-Aqsa Mosque, because people would die to get control of her.

Berries n Cream - the Great Mosque of Xi'an, because it's very cool, but relatively obscure.

Being compared to the leaning tower of Pisa probably means that I shouldn't have had that last martini. :(

*giggles*

I will compare the women in this thread to famous mosques.

neci - the Great Mosque of Djenné, because she's hot and kinda dirty.

Luna - the Al-Aqsa Mosque, because people would die to get control of her.

Berries n Cream - the Great Mosque of Xi'an, because it's very cool, but relatively obscure.

I want whatever blobmeister is having...

Brick Shit House:

I have to say, this makes me relieved. "Built like a brick shithouse" has always been used in reference to a big, solid, strong guy down here in Oz.
If you said this about a woman, most people I know would assume you were talking about a woman who looks like a rugby player. Unless she is one, or heavy into body building, it's in no way a compliment.

I have to say, this makes me relieved. "Built like a brick shithouse" has always been used in reference to a big, solid, strong guy down here in Oz.
If you said this about a woman, most people I know would assume you were talking about a woman who looks like a rugby player. Unless she is one, or heavy into body building, it's in no way a compliment.

In the states it has more often used to describe a woman now. I would guess because of the song but have no idea.... Maybe we just like to be different.

Back