Ironic Demons (closed)

HisPureLust

Narcissistic Satyr
It was the perfect irony that he met his match in her.

She seemed the innocent lamb or closer to it, when he met her. Her wide eyes marveled at his experience and sheer arrogance. He was the irresistible idol, and she never had a chance. During the course of the next couple of years she had done many things she never thought she would. His way was not one of love but lust. The more she cared for him the more victorious he felt. Holding her passion in his hand like a tangible toy to do with as he wished. The strangest thing happened, however. The first irony. The little one burrowed, slowly but surely into his heart... All the trust... All those nights... All that beauty. Soon he was lost. He could not even conceive of his emotions for this was the first time he ever felt them. She was no longer a plaything... And at that moment... The second irony.

Down the rabbit hole she fell, no longer needing him to fall. The trip took half as long as expected. It turned out she was not so pure...never had been. Merely reformed. He had reawakened her. All too soon she had outgrown him... surpassed him, she continued to drink. Soon she was different... Created in his image and every bit a daughter of his carelessness. Consumed by the joy of her freedom and lost in the darkness of the pleasures of this new demeanor.

There was something about the girl that gave her a natural aversion to affection, true affection. Perhaps it was his initial lack of sentiment, perhaps a glimpse at a gleamed truth in her time with the devil. Instead it was indifference and uncaring that now made her heart flutter. A paradox of love. Infatuation with men who did her harm and repulsion for those who would cherish her. So when he fell madly and deeply in love with this creature, his fate was sealed. The ironies piled high as the very naive girl he corrupted now held the keys in the prison of his heart.

What do you do? How do you care for someone when in the caring you lose them? How do u avoid weakness when abusing that which is your strength, only to keep it near? How do you survive while ignoring your own salvation? Hell and madness, perhaps his punishment.

He tried to feign his apathy, and cruelty for a time but in the end the truth was revealed as it often is. And she was gone.

And so he returned to darkness... Dismissing the light she brought as a fantasy...an illusion he convinced himself of. Years went by...and then another irony landed atop the pile...

----------------------------------------------------

Rune sat arms stretched along the leather back of the circular booth. The table in front of him large enough for seven, all the way around but empty save for himself.

A single glass of red wine sat atop it. Untouched yet rippling from the bass of the music pouring out from the multitude of speakers within the ceiling and floor scattered all around the room.

He stared blankly at the crowd of writhing bodies. More through them than at them... A wave of mixed flesh and motion. Almost fucking but not quite. Moving both in unison and opposition. To him it was slow motion... Even the sound ripping through his ears was muted. His thoughts were elsewhere...

"Not thirsty?"

The girl was tall and yet ample. Her large breasts and beautiful red lips apparent to him even from his peripheral vision. He did not look at her, simply spoke as if half in the conversation and half deep in thought.

"What makes you ask?" He replied

"You haven't touched your drink," she began stating the obvious "I thought maybe you got the wrong order."

She was not employed by the club as far as he knew. Her attempt at an ice breaker was cute, if not ineffective, but Rune wasn't in the mood for company.

Even company that he could potentially fuck later.

Few people he knew of celebrated the painful moments of their life. Fewer still exercised their demons by wallowing in those memories as someone would an anniversary or birthday. He did both...it helped remind him of lessons he never wished to forget. Lessons vital to how he now functioned.

"It's the right order...I'll get to it eventually." He was cold and finite. The attractive young woman with creamy skin and an eager walk got the message. Sauntering off to a corner of the room beyond the dance floor. He had forgotten her before she was even discussing the incident with her girlfriends.

Soon enough he drank the wine, and rose slowly from his position in the wall booth. Trading a nod with the large bartender several feet from a naked woman making a spectacle of being flogged. Between the bar and the next room he passed two men receiving blowjobs and one woman subduing her slave.

This was not my life anymore he thought to himself. He instantly felt more at peace after leaving the smoke filled room and hearing the loud music fade as he put as much distance between himself and it as he could. Climbing a set of stairs near the end of a dark hallway his tight leather pants rippled loudly, his hard black boots echoing under the fading beat. He retrieved his coat from the conservative coat check girl upstairs and fled to the raining city street above, putting the black light and darkness of debauchery behind him...till next year on this day.

The sound of cars splashing their way through the wetness and honking at one another soothed him but it would take forever to hail a cab this late he pondered.

Instead he pulled his coat tighter and affixed his long Raven hair into a pony tail, while starting the long walk to his apartment downtown.

Olivia slid the dark red lipstick over her lips before giving her reflection a once over in the mirror. Satisfied she stepped out of the bathroom and back into the club. Some current top 40 pop song was playing but she tuned it out as she headed to the bar. Her eyes moved over her fellow club-goers, lingering on some and instantly passing over on others. Her people watching was sporadically interrupted by offers to buy her a drink, each turned down with a firm but mostly polite response. It wasn’t that she didn’t want or enjoy the attention, her outfit, makeup, hair, everything had been chosen to ensure she got attention. She wasn’t looking for just anyone who showed her attention though and so far none of the men who had approached her had been what she was looking for. She absentmindedly twirled one of her dark red curls around her finger as she watched a couple have an animated argument ending with the guy getting a drink thrown in his face.

“What’re you drinking?”

She looked up and found an attractive man giving her a very confident smile. His eyes stayed on hers for a moment and then his gaze began moving over her body. As his eyes moved over all her exposed skin Olivia’s smile became more genuine.

“Rum and coke.”

He ordered the drinks and took a seat next to her.

“I'm Nick.”

“Olivia.”

Their drinks came then and the delicate ritual of small talk began. Even though this particular dance was one Olivia was well versed in she still felt that familiar thrill stirring inside her. While the conversation never strayed from innocent topics it was full of innuendos that made it clear their intentions were far from innocent. Olivia’s initial impression of Nick seemed to be accurate, he was definitely confident and cocky. Unlike the other guys who had approached her he made no effort to hide the fact that he enjoyed looking at her body, his gaze often wandering away from her face to lower places even in the middle of talking to her. The black dress she had on barely went past her ass and the deep neckline displayed her ample cleavage very well. She finished her drink and she could tell Nick would be taking that as a queue to suggest they go “somewhere more quiet.” She wasn’t quite ready for the chase to be over though and she gave him a coy smile, resting her hand on his thigh.

“I want to dance.”

To his credit he covered any disappointment very well, taking her hand and leading her onto the dance floor. All the songs they usually played at clubs seemed to be similar enough to blend together but they all seemed to have the perfect rhythm for dancing as if you were fucking without actually having sex. Olivia pressed her body against Nick’s and his hands moved to her hips as they swayed provocatively. He had an even better view of her tits when she was this close and she knew the way she was dancing against him left them pressed against his chest. Before her body got fully into the groove he smoothly turned her around and pulled her against him. His grip on her hips grew firmer and he guided them expertly in time with his own. He obviously enjoyed being in control and she was more than happy to let him. She could feel his cock pressing against her ass and she felt her body start to respond as she let her ass grind a little harder against him. One of his hands moved teasingly along her side and she felt his breath on her neck as he leaned forward.

“I’m going to fuck you tonight.”

Olivia moaned softly and smiled. She had done everything to make sure she came across as a slut...because she was. She didn’t want to exchange numbers for a date or even go home with a guy who wanted to adore her in bed and cater to all her needs. She wanted a guy who was going to fuck her and use her like the slut she was. She made herself dance for one more song before leading him towards the doors.

Olivia put on her clothes and shoes without a sound, a skill she’d honed to perfection. Nick seemed to be sound asleep in the bed still though it didn’t matter much to her as long as he wasn’t asking if she wanted him to make her breakfast. She grabbed her clutch and slipped out of the apartment. She hailed a cab out on the street and smiled at the driver as his eyes lingered on her disheveled appearance. She reveled in the walk of shame and she had no trouble holding his gaze without embarrassment. He finally broke off eye contact and asked where she wanted to go. She gave him an address and settled back against the seat with a yawn. She hadn’t actually slept, she always tried to avoid actually sleeping with any of these guys. The lack of sleep had been worth it, Nick had not disappointed. She replayed a few of the perverse moments in her mind. She had a content smile on her face as the cab stopped. She paid, tipping extra since the man hadn’t tried to fill the silence with small talk. She headed into the coffee shop, her hips swaying without any conscious thought on her part. The only thing on her mind was getting some extra strong coffee before heading home.

"Hey Rune It's Tristam. Your never gonna gonna believe this! Meet me at the coffee shop down on 12th. And hurry...."

Rune's cell beeped a lone tone in his ear indicating the end of his voicemail message. An attractive yet monotone female voice asked him if he wished to save or delete the message. He pressed a button and his brother's recording was eradicated.

He wondered what the urgency was, and had no intention of going anywhere. An untouched case of Heinekens sat on the black surface of his loft's bar and he was looking forward to drowning in the sweet sweet abyss of a drunken oblivion before facing tomorrow.

A column of light from the dark apartment's circular glass window pierced through the sunless room and lit the hard wood floor as if some strange demonic ritual were to be performed there. Tossing his keys on a nearby end table and collapsing onto a leather couch facing an entertainment center he began listening to the next message while staring at the blank television monitor.

"Babyyyyy it's your kitten," the young sultry voice began "Kitties hungry for Master's cock. Why didn't you call me today? I'm off... And I wanna GET off. Call meeeee."

He deleted the message when prompted and sighed. She was a nice girl, but beginning to get a little too needy. It's as if everyone just lost their fucken capacity for memory or thought. Rune had told everyone to leave him the fuck alone today, but of course everyone was self absorbed as usual. He laughed at how often he was accused of that same thing. Perhaps it was more justice.. Or simply more irony.

A slender hand gripped his shoulder. Rune jumped up and spun around ready to strike at the unheard assailant.

A tall blonde with nothing but a towel wrapped around her waist greeted him with a giggle as she covered it behind her pale red nailed fingers.

"Shit," she laughed "Nice to see you too."

He admired her for a moment, his aggravation masked by his instinctive reaction to her body. The white towel hugging her thick hips and wet thighs. Her round breasts were impressive as always with large pink nipples and the un-natural perkiness that comes with plastic surgery.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!"

The girl folded her arms and cocked her head in annoyance.

"I figured you were gonna need cheering up since you sounded all grumpy last night. I THOUGHT I could surprise you and we could have some fun...god...excuse the hell out of me."

He looked away, closing his eyes in frustration.

"Get out."

"Are you fucken KIDDING me? WHATS your problem!?"

He didn't repeat it. He didn't need to. And while he realized there was more than likely no coming back from this decision, not to someone like Cathrine... It didn't matter. Not tonight. Not tonight.

He didn't hear her dress but she must have after she stormed into the bedroom. He thought he heard her call him an asshole but wasn't sure. He nursed the bottle of beer as the door slammed. For several quite moments he pondered his life and the decisions he had made to this point.

He looked at the keys mocking him on the table near the door.

Fuck it.

-------------------------------------

"Thanks for comin, man."

Rune nodded half heartedly. His brother was as bubbly and excited as he had ever seen him and it was almost too much for him to handle.

"Can we please get to it...what do you want Tris?"

"When are you gonna stop calling me that? Ok ok, relax...I'm gettin to it..."

He attempted to pay attention. Tristam was a good brother but it was just bad timing. He had hoped that maybe this would help... But so far he was just was annoying the shit out of Rune with cryptic anticipation.

"I met someone."

Rune closed his fist, cracking several knuckles.

"I'm happy for you."

There was an uncomfortable silence as he avoided eye contact.

"That's it? Your happy for me...?"

"What do u want me to say? ....what's that make it? 4 soul mates this year?" Rune mocked.

"You always do this shit... I don't see why I bother. I thought maybe just maybe you'd think about someone other than yourself today. I know your in some funk or whatever but I really think this is the one."

"Then your a fool," Rune spat.

Tristam rose and without another word squeezed through the other patrons and left the coffee shop. To his credit he contained his rage till he was outside where he punched a wall.

He glanced about the shop.

For this time of night it was fairly busy. Not enough caffeine in the world to fuel this city in the morning... Even less to make him give a damn.

Convinced he had done enough damage to his family and friends He peeled himself out of the corner booth and tosses the empty styrofoam cup in a garbage on his way out...

Last edited:
Olivia eyed the line coming from the counter with distaste contemplating how much she really wanted coffee. She didn’t understand how there were so many people here this early. Patience was not one of her strong points, she hated having to wait to get what she wanted. Except for when it came to men, she enjoyed the back and forth, the flirting, the whole little game that had to be done just right. Of course she played the game differently than a lot of women, her end goal was not a relationship or even an ongoing fuck buddy situation and that left a lot of guys at a disadvantage from the start. She was fine with that though, it tended to weed out the romantics.

She finally found herself at the front of the line and she ordered some elaborate drink that the barista assured her had their highest caffeine content. She got her drink and found a small table in one of the back corners. She ignored the glare she got from a woman whose boyfriend got caught staring at her. Had she not just come from getting fucked she would've put some effort into making sure the man kept staring regardless of the trouble it brought him. Instead she gave the woman a catty smile before focusing her attention on her phone. She checked her new text messages as she sipped her coffee. As usual most of her messages were from friends or family. She rarely gave any of the guys she had sex with her number, she was not into repeat performances. There were a couple guys who were the exception but even they knew less was more if they wanted to keep her interest. One of the text messages was from her closest friend asking how her evening went.

I'll definitely be sore for a day or two.

She checked her other messages while she waited for him to text back. One was from her brother asking what she was going to get their mom for her birthday and the other was from her co-worker, Jane, asking if she'd pretty please cover a shift because her new beau had invited her to come watch his band play. She left her brother's text to deal with in the morning and sent Jane an “Of course, I wouldn't want you to miss out on such a romantic gesture” text while she rolled her eyes at how pathetic it all was. She would have liked to point out her disgust but she had spent a lot of time cultivating her sweet and innocent persona at work. She had refrained from sleeping with anyone she worked with and made “friends” with the insipid, gossipy bitches. As distasteful as it all was it benefited her more than being herself would've been. This was the reason all her real friends were guys though. She didn't have sex with them but she didn't have to hide who she was. Luke had replied to her text and she spent some time giving him the highlights of her evening.

As she finished the last few sips of her coffee Olivia looked around the coffee shop and saw the one person she hadn't expected to see again. Her first thought was to duck into the bathroom before Rune saw her. She knew if he saw her he would immediately know from her disheveled appearance what she’d just been up to. She immediately felt a flare of anger at herself for this thought. She never hid who she was from people unless it benefitted her to do so and here she was planning to literally hide. Memories of their years together threatened to flood her mind and she quickly pushed them back. It had been a long time since she let herself think about their time together or the unpleasant way it ended. She told herself how unconcerned she was when it came to him but she couldn’t quite tear her gaze away. It seemed like forever before he finally got up and headed for the door. She watched him leave and just sat there for a few minutes looking at the door as if she expected him to walk back through it. She finally got up to leave, he should be long gone by now. Her apartment was only a couple blocks away and she started down the sidewalk towards it trying to focus on anything else but the closed doors of her past.

Rune felt the night could not possibly turn out worse without much effort on his part. It's entirely possible that everyone else was right, and he was making the night miserable all on his own, but it was entirely necessary. Without this grim reminder, every year he would continue to be the fool he was. He would allow room for things that simply did him no earthly good. It was the distilling of his emotion to what was essential to survive, nothing more.

By the time he reached his apartment, the sun was starting to come up. The night was almost over.

He glanced towards a closet. The quiet in the room creating a cacophony in his ears. For a while he shook his head. No, he thought. It's almost over. He had a few calls to make, a few bridges to douse the flames off of. He didn't need to push it any further.

He shut his eyes tight.

Rune walked to the closet. He opened the creaky door and shoved aside some albums on the top shelf aside to reveal a wooden box. Taking it down he noticed the dust. Again collapsing on his sofa he blew it clean and lifted the lid.

He ended the day smiling, as he held the pieces of his heart... Pouring through the only evidence that he was ever happy or ever had one.

Olivia got home just about the time her alarm would be going off. She started a pot of coffee and went to take a quick shower. An hour and a half later she was dressed, albeit less provocatively, and out the door. She usually didn’t plan her little escapades when she had work the next morning and normally she would be kicking herself for it. Seeing Rune though had left her...out of sorts and she welcomed distractions even if they came in the form of mind-numbing work and a horrid headache.

The day went by quickly and she must have had a “fuck off” vibe going because everyone left her alone for the most part. Jane of course did not pick up on the vibe and she was forced to listen to thirty minutes of Jane gushing over her boyfriend and the new dress she got and the fight she had with her sister. Halfway through the conversation Olivia stopped pretending to be interested but it still took at least ten minutes for Jane to take the hint and went away.

By the time she headed home she well and truly tired enough that she didn’t need distractions, all her attention was on staying awake. Once she got on the subway she pulled out her phone hoping it’d be entertaining enough to keep her up.

Rune woke up a while later. It took him several moments to get his bearings. First he saw the empty Heineken bottles littering the floor. Then he noticed the photos and letters and sea shells and movie stubs strewn about the couch. He himself was plastered to the floor, a small pool of drool beneath his cheek. He rose and wiped his mouth... Looking around and attempting to assemble the missing mental pieces. Eventually his eyes settled on the clock.

He gathered up his past, tossing it haphazardly into its Pandora's box and again placed it in the closet before heading through the bedroom for a quick shower.

Afterward Rune exited his bedroom to the flashing red light of his answering machine. He ignored it knowing it was more than likely one of two people. Neither of which he was ready to face. He pulled the towel from around his waist. His hard, athletic body still air drying save for the river of water running down the middle of his back from his ponytail. There wasn't enough time to doll himself up so he splashed on some cologne, sprayed a bit of deodorant and dressed. Black slacks, and a red dress shirt should suffice he decided. He grabbed his keys and 3/4 coat and headed out of the silent apartment. Locking it behind him.

He made a mental note to change the lock....again.

-----------------------------------------------------

The subway wasn't as empty as he would of liked. He hurried down the concrete steps after squeezing past the turnstile. The train was already on the platform. Two loud beeps of different pitch alerted passengers and potential passengers alike that it was leaving. An attractive woman in a red dress held the door for him. He smiled, maneuvering past her and inside. He nodded a thanks and she grinned returning the gesture. Her red lips parting slightly to show remarkably white teeth.

Rune continued onward to her dismay. He slipped through a few more passengers till he found a seat to his liking. Window seat, near the back, right by the doors.

Once comfortable he brushed his hair back and allowed himself a sigh while glancing about...

Time for him stopped....

---------------------------------------------------

The girl panted while attempting to endure but the pain looked like it was proving too much.

The skin of her asshole was stretched wide. Wider than any movement or previous entry. To her credit she seemed to be enjoying the ass fucking. Her head was in the pillows moaning through the anguish and she had told him how desperately she wanted this. He pushed further... The swollen head of his mammoth cock popping in. Next he began to ease the long shaft...inch after inch it slowly disappeared inside her as a thin line of blood ran downward along her thigh.

Kane didn't expect his first reaction to be concern. It bothered him...it wasn't like him and it meant something he would rather not admit to.

"Are you ok?"....

--------------------------------------------------

He stared at her... With what might of been anger, he wasn't sure and couldn't see a mirror.

It instantly stirred. He felt it's warm claws and cool breath. He steeled himself and quelled it.

No.

Fuck no.

Rune looked about...as if escape was somehow possible. He WAS close to the door leading to the other train car but to get up now could draw attention to himself. He sat still, attempting to shrink...or disappear...nether if which happened. All he could see was her...and he instantly hated it...and he hated himself.

The grinding of wheels told him they were nearing the next stop. He considered leaving but he needed to meet up with Eric and discuss the funeral.

He didn't have time for this. So what...she's here...big fucken deal. Just pay her no mind. He picked up a paper to his left resting in an empty seat and began pretending to read it. He stopped.

She looked different.

He looked away.

Olivia attempted to play some inane game on her phone but instead of helping her stay awake it seemed to be doing the opposite. She remembered her brother’s text from the night before and pulled up Amazon’s website. She spent the next ten minutes shopping for a gift, settling on a cashmere sweater that Olivia would never wear which meant her Mom would love it. She decided she might as well look at some shoes since she was already on the website. She ended up ordering her Mom’s gift plus two pairs of sexy heels and sent her brother a text.

There were still two more stops before hers and she’d already given up on her phone entertaining her. She decided to do some people watching, which was always entertaining on the subway. One guy was watching something on his phone and from the way he was rubbing his crotch she was pretty sure it was porn. The people on either side of him looked distinctly uncomfortable and were both slowly inching farther away from him. A little further down a young woman was having what looked like a heated argument with someone on the other end of her phone. Olivia couldn’t make out what she was saying but she made up an elaborate story involving strippers and a cheating husband.

Her eyes moved farther down the car and she saw a guy holding on to one of the stanchions. He looked like he was in his 30’s and from what she could see it looked like he spent a lot of time at the gym. When he looked over at her she gave him a flirty smile. The clothes she wore for work weren’t nearly as tantalizing as the clothes she wore normally but they still drew attention to her best assets. The skirt she had on came to just above her knees but it was tight and clung to her ass just right. Her blouse was unbuttoned to just above scandalous with just a hint of her lacy black bra showing at the top. The guy returned the smile and subtly looked her over. She pegged him as a leg man when his eyes lingered on hers. Her skirt had ridden up slightly and she trailed her fingers along her thigh. She gave him one more smile and looked away trying to decide just how tired she actually was. She figured she’d be okay waiting a couple more hours before crashing. She started to look back in his direction when her gaze lit upon a familiar face.

“Fuck.”

This was not happening...Rune was not sitting 15 feet away reading a paper. There was no way he wouldn’t eventually see her. Then again maybe he already had and just didn’t care. That thought bothered her more than she wanted to admit. She’d contemplated hiding when she’d seen him last night so having him ignore her should have been the most preferable outcome. She could just go back to looking at her phone and he’d either acknowledge her or not. Then again maybe fate was trying to tell her something by having her see him twice in less than 24 hours after not seeing him in what seemed like forever. Of course she didn’t actually believe in fate…

“Hey, I’m Dominic.”

The guy she’d been contemplating fucking a minute ago had walked over while she’d been staring at Rune.

“I don’t care, go away.”

She wasn’t normally such a bitch unless it was warranted but she didn’t have time to try to nicely let him know she wasn’t interested anymore. She didn’t know if he glared at her or just looked crestfallen because she was already back to staring at Rune. After a few moments the guy walked off. She was fairly certain she heard him mutter “bitch” but she couldn’t be bothered to really care at the moment. She knew she only had one choice, otherwise she would be playing the “what if” game for the rest of her life. She took a deep breath as she stood up and walked over to where he was sitting.

“Hey Rune.”

It turned his stomach to feel as he felt. You tell yourself after so much time your stronger, after so much time your over it. You convince yourself you won't ever feel like a foolish kid with a crush again, and then one day she's walking up to you.

"Hi Rune"

The words seemed to echo for him, as if they were suddenly in a gigantic concert hall and not the cramped city subway car slowing screeching to a halt. He ignored the fact that she was more gorgeous than he remembered. He ignored the fact that she looked better and fitter and brighter than he had ever seen her. It was a stark contrast to the last picture he had of her. One burned into the canvas of his mind.

Apparently ripping his heart out agreed with her.

When you are raised by two championship liars, and when you manipulate dozens of people a week, and very nearly live off of your ability to adapt to and/or twist most situations in your favor either through sympathy, lust or intimidation... Your mind becomes a sort of scenario computer. Able to process many possible responses to certain situations. Everyone is capable of these feats, indeed the mind is a wonderful thing but it takes some amount of experience and discipline to accurately discern which way is the best way to go and have the desired result in a certain situation with a certain person. You have to calculate for how hat person is, how they perceive you, the situation itself and also their weaknesses.

The problem was... This was Olivia.

"Hey Olivia, how's it goin?" He shifted into the seat next to him, offering her his previous one while hoping she didn't see him digging the nails into his left fist.

As soon as the words were out of her mouth she was second-guessing her decision to approach him. There was no possible way this would turn out to be one of those pleasant memories you look back on. There wasn’t much she could do about it now, it’s not as if she could just turn around and walk off. Well she could but she’d look like a complete ass, saying hi and then promptly walking away. She couldn’t tell if he was happy to see her, or angry, or indifferent. She swore she used to be able to read him instantly. She had either forgotten how to read him or he had gotten better at hiding his emotions. As she waited to see what he was going to say she caught herself biting her lower lip, a nervous habit she’d broken long ago.

"Hey Olivia, how's it goin?"

She sat down in the seat he offered and spent a few moments smoothing her skirt while she tried to decide what to say.

“It’s going fine. I, uh, actually saw you last night, at the coffee shop...but you were leaving so I didn’t get a chance to say hi. You look good, how’ve you been? It’s been like, what a couple years since I’ve seen you?”

She finally got herself to shut up which, judging by how she’d just babbled on, was a feat in itself. She was becoming more and more certain that this had been a horrible idea. She tried to push her doubts down as she smiled at him.

He knew exactly how long it had been but wasn't about to draw attention to the fact. Appearing that he obsessed over her was the last thing Rune wanted. He didn't want to be polite, he didn't want to engage in "chit chat". What he wanted was to hear she was miserable without him... She missed him... He wanted to know she cared for him as much as he hated her right at that moment...

The warmth from her body was familiar. His instantly reacted to it. It stirred deep inside once more, and his hatred Engulfed him. It took a few moments but thankfully the fire of his rage burned away. Soon he felt the soothing numb and he could speak.

"I'm glad Hun, glad your fine. You look good too," he glanced at her... Her creamy thighs hugged in that tight skirt, her big round breasts barely contained inside her nearly visible bra. "Yeah it's been awhile, that's ironic...yeah I didn't see you. Was just there talking to Tristam. Things are really good... Except...."

There was an awkward silence.

He thought about what he could possibly say. This was the last thing he was expecting to have to deal with today. The day after the anniversary of... The longer he sat next to her the less uncomfortable he felt, but he still had no idea what to say to fill the silence. He remembered he was meeting his brother to discuss the funeral.

"I guess you didn't hear about Martin?"

---------------------------------------------

"If you ever settle down one day... You know I'm never gonna let you hear the end if it right?"

Rune laughed. It was as genuine as loud and carried beyond the shut ballroom door and down the dark hallway lined with pictures carefully hung by Martin's parents.

Rune zipped up his pleather pants after giving his dick a few shakes and washed his hands in the porcelain sink, making sure to use a bit of the soap squeeze Martin's mom was so proud of. He would do whatever that woman asked... She was pretty fucken hot after all and one of the only parents of his close friends that actually gave a shit about him.

Satisfied after relieving himself the young man smelled his underarms as he looked in the mirror. His long straight black hair way past his shoulders could use with some combing but otherwise no worse for wear. He admired his athletic build and muscular chest as only a true narcissist could. If he had his camera he'd take a picture.

"Dude you beatin off in there or what? Some of us gotta drop a deuce."

"Relax...fuck. I'll be right out."

The voice wasn't familiar which meant Martin must of got tired of bustin his balls. He needed to join the party anyway. He was fucking one of these bitches tonight, and he had to get to it soon. If he showed up late for work again, He could be referring to this as his previous job by this time tomm.

Rune exited the bathroom, immediately the blonde kid outside gave him a dirty look as he rushed by him, slamming the door behind him. He ignored it, not knowing the kid or caring who did. Down the hallway he was greeted by the alternative rock music that was customary to Martin's parties. Not the industrial that Rune was found of but tolerable.

In the living room several girls far too young to be here were being hit on by the rest of his friends. In another corner sat an empty couch and across from that a couple. His eyes could not be pulled from the girl...

"Who is that?" He said to no one in particular...

"That's Olivia."

As the silence dragged on Olivia thought for what seemed like the hundredth time what a bad idea this had been. He didn’t seem to be pleased at them running into each other and thinking about it she couldn’t blame him. She had been the one to end things and while she was sure he’d moved on by now he probably didn’t think of her in a positive light. She had never let herself dwell on what had happened between them at the end partly because she didn’t want to face the pain she’d caused him. The other part of it was she didn’t want to look too deeply at her reasoning for leaving and what that said about her. She didn’t actually let herself think about him or their relationship much at all. It wasn’t that she didn’t have good memories from their time together or that she’d stopped caring about him. Everything between them had been intense, the sex, the emotions, the fights, the conversations, all of it. Even sitting alone looking back on any of the times he’d fucked her she felt considerably more things than she felt during sex with anyone else. Thinking back on their relationship inevitably led to her thinking about the end of it. Anytime she’d started to think about how she’d left him and felt the guilt stir she had told herself that anything that intense was guaranteed to burn out or end in some climactic blowout. A part of her realized that was nothing but an excuse so the easiest thing was to just avoid thinking about it at all.

"I'm glad Hun, glad your fine. You look good too. Yeah it's been awhile, that's ironic...yeah I didn't see you. Was just there talking to Tristam. Things are really good... Except...."

He saved her from anymore introspection and she gave him a quick smile, hoping it hadn’t looked like she wasn’t even paying attention to his reply. She waited for him to finish his thought but more uncomfortable silence passed between them. She couldn’t seem to think of what to say, which was never a problem for her, especially when it came to men. Her thoughts had thrown her off balance and she was hastily trying to get back to the detached state that she had mastered. It was just all so unusual though, the stilted conversation full of empty words, the way they were sitting so fucking close but not one part of them was touching. At this point she was starting to hope for a fiery subway crash but then he finally broke the silence.

"I guess you didn't hear about Martin?"

It only took her a second to know who he was talking about. She hadn’t actually talked to Martin for quite a while...well since she and Rune had split up. Still, she would randomly think about him and wonder how he was doing. The way Rune had phrased the question instantly convinced her that whatever she hadn’t heard about Martin was unpleasant news.

“No, I haven’t talked to him in a long time. Is he...okay?”

"No, I haven’t talked to him in a long time. Is he...okay?”

Martin was neither Rune's closest or oldest friend but if it wasn't for him or his life of excess when they were younger he never would have met Olivia. There were days he considered that both a blessing...and a curse. He didn't know if Olivia kept in touch with any of the old gang. Most of them knew Rune for being the ultra possessive type and had steered relatively clear of her during their time together but he hadn't doubted for a second if the wolves had descended in his absence. It didn't appear that Olivia was even remotely connected to their old circles. She would surely had known of Martin if she was.

"No Hun, he's not....he's dead."

More silence. He hadn't said it to make her uncomfortable but why beat around the bush. The funeral was in a few days and she may of wanted to attend.

"It was sudden. It was.. Self inflicted from what I heard. I'm meeting Tristram in a few to discuss arrangements... He's helping Martin's wife out with them."

It was painful to look at her... Perhaps it always had been. She was beautiful to him... No one could compare. Even in light of his current mood and the approaching funeral, she still could wrap a steel grip around his thoughts and wring longing from them.

"I wasn't very close to him anymore myself," he finished. Turning to stare at his hands which he had not noticed, he placed ever closer towards hers.

Last edited:
"No Hun, he's not....he's dead."

Olivia had been expecting bad news but she’d hoped it wouldn’t be that bad. Rune had delivered the news pretty bluntly but she wasn’t sure if it was because there was no easy way to say it or if he just wanted this interaction to be over with as soon as possible.

"It was sudden. It was.. Self inflicted from what I heard. I'm meeting Eric in a few to discuss arrangements... He's helping Martin's wife out with them."

Her grief multiplied as she thought about what Martin’s wife must be going through, losing her husband and having to deal with the fact that it was self inflicted. She felt bad that she hadn’t kept in touch with him, not that she had any delusions that she would’ve made the difference in whether he killed himself or not. She felt bad that whatever he had been struggling with had gotten so bad he'd felt suicide was the only option.

"I wasn't very close to him anymore myself.”

She had always been good at being sympathetic, even in the instances when it wasn’t genuine. This situation was already awkward though and she struggled to find a response that wouldn’t just make it even more awkward.

“Well I’m still sorry, it’s never easy to lose a friend, even if you weren’t close anymore,” she said as she placed her hand lightly on his, “It’s very nice of you and Tristram to help his wife with the funeral arrangements, I’m sure this is very hard for her. I’d like to go to the funeral...do you know when it’s going to be?”

Olivia told herself that she left her hand on his because it was comforting...familiar and this was a sad conversation.

Last edited:
"Well I’m still sorry, it’s never easy to lose a friend, even if you weren’t close anymore,” she said as she placed her hand lightly on his, “It’s very nice of you and Eric to help his wife with the funeral arrangements, I’m sure this is very hard for her. I’d like to go to the funeral...do you know when it’s going to be?”

If time seemed to flow differently with her nearby... It stopped once she touched him.

"It's either tomorrow or this weekend. He's gonna be laid in Greenwood Cemetery but Tristram hasn't told me where the service is gonna be or if their doing a Wake."

This wasn't healthy. This wasn't him. Rune refused to be reduced to this after the amount of time he spent ensuring he wouldn't. He sighed, stealing himself as he allowed the sweet numbness to wash over his body in rich deadening waves. They didn't stop until he could barely feel the old memory deep inside him let alone remorse for loosing touch with his now dead friend.

"I'm gonna be figuring it all out a little later. If you want you can call Tris... he'll be able to fill you in on the details should you wanna pay your respects. You want his numer?"

His voice was purposeful and cold as he stared at her soft, delicate hand atop his. He might be able salvage his dignity if he just refrained from looking at her, Rune thought to himself.

Last edited:
"It's either tomorrow or this weekend. He's gonna be laid in Greenwood Cemetery but Tristram hasn't told me where the service is gonna be or if their doing a Wake."

Olivia nodded even though he was still looking down and obviously couldn’t see it. Despite the sad turn the conversation had taken and the overall awkwardness that had overwhelmed the whole encounter there was still a part of her that was...enjoying this. In spite of everything that had happened she was still able to feel comfortable around him which made the awkwardness of their interaction even more disheartening. She had purposefully avoided thinking about Rune since she’d left him and she hadn’t totally realized until seeing him again that she’d missed him, more than she liked or wanted to admit.

"I'm gonna be figuring it all out a little later. If you want you can call Tris... he'll be able to fill you in on the details should you wanna pay your respects. You want his numer?"

Though his words were polite the tone of his voice was hard and uncaring. Olivia was taken aback and for a few moments just sat there unsure what to say or do. She was bothered by the fact that his disinterest affected her at all, let alone as much as it did. She tried to push away any hurt she felt and hoped he hadn’t noticed. There was a stop coming up, she didn’t care that it wasn’t her stop, it meant this unpleasant encounter was almost over.

“Yeah, that’d be great, I’ll give him a call tonight,” she said as she dug out a pen and paper and handed it to him.

The train started slowing for the next stop and Olivia stood up.

“Well this is my stop. Sorry again about Martin. It was nice to see you again, Rune,” she said as she flashed him a small smile.

Last edited:
"Yeah, that’d be great, I’ll give him a call tonight"...

He took the paper Olivia handed him and jotted down his brother's number. He instantly regretted doing so. Tristram knew a decent bit about how he had always held her in his heart and depending on his brother's mood he could run his fucken mouth and that could lead to potential embarrassment...or possibly a visible weakness. Rune had a reputation to keep.

"Well this is my stop. Sorry again about Martin. It was nice to see you again, Rune."

She smiled at him, and it seemed genuine. The glacier was thawing and all he wanted to do was ask her to stay...ask her what she had been doing with herself...tell her he had never forgotten her.

But he didn't.

She didn't just get to show up again and continue like everything was fucken fine. They weren't friends. At least that's what Rune told himself. It may of been petty...childish even, but you didn't wound him without a heavy price.

"Yeah, maybe I'll see you at the service."

He watched her go and nodded goodbye, a thousand things he could of said flooding his mind but as she left the train he watched her beauty move away from him and settled on old resignations. The numbness was still going strong despite the emotional assault, and Rune dreaded the reckoning he would no doubt have to have with himself much later. For now however he leaned his head back, shut his eyes and let the feeling of oblivion pull him down.

Olivia headed up to the street and flagged down a cab. It probably only would have taken her 20 minutes to walk to her apartment from here but that would’ve been 20 minutes of having nothing to really concentrate on but her thoughts. Once she’d given the driver her address she settled into the seat and pulled out the paper with Tris’ number. She programmed it in her phone and but decided to call him later, she didn’t want to end up saying or asking him something she’d regret later.

Once she got home she cooked dinner, something she rarely did since she hated cooking. She was hoping it would be a distraction from running into Kane and the awful way that had turned out. He hadn’t even bothered to go with the typical polite lie about how it had been nice seeing her too. Unfortunately, her thoughts kept going back to how cold his voice had been and how contrary it was to how he used to talk to her. That thought inevitably led her mind down the path to when she’d left. While she avoided thinking about that memory, in particular, she was under no illusions that she had handled it horribly, to put it mildly. Rationally she knew she couldn’t blame him for being cold to her after that but her emotions were proving harder to keep at bay than usual. A somewhat flavorless meal and a couple glasses of wine later and Olivia was almost back to her apathetic self. She finally stopped putting it off and pulled out her phone. She pulled up Tristram’s number and called.

Olivia checked her watch for what seemed like the 100th time as she walked the last block to the church. Her heels were high enough that she was regretting taking the subway instead of a cab. She had spent way too long trying to decide what to wear and now she was bordering on being late...to a funeral. If it were for anything other than a funeral she would have comforted herself with the thought that at least she had picked a perfect outfit. She hadn’t realized until this morning that her clothes either seemed to be slutty or something that was appropriate for work but looked off anywhere else. She’d finally found a dark purple dress that hit her mid-thigh and the neckline was only slightly inappropriate for a church.

She hurried up the steps of the church and opened the door as quietly as she could. The service was just starting and she tried to ignore the heads that turned in her direction as the sunlight poured in through the open door. She was sure she’d turned scarlet in her embarrassment and she found a seat in the back of the church as quickly as she could.

In twelve hours Rune fucked four women.

It was an old force of habit. Like drinking to drown the things you don't want to think about or sleeping the days away for the same reason. A coping mechanism that only helped so long as he didn't stop and remember what he was running from. In this instance, Olivia. He had been reeling since running into her on the subway and despite his best efforts to dismiss the whole affair as bad fortune, he couldn't help but think as if his life were a cosmic fucking joke. He imagined it was not a very unique consideration but that didn't satisfy him any.

Earlier in the day he had spoken with Tristram after Tristram had spoken with her. All the anticipated questions and concerns were voiced and true to form his brother felt the need to give Rune some good old brotherly advice. He listened as patiently as he could for as long as he could before the bile rose up too far in his throat to continue and he had to cut to the point. Once he knew she was attending he considered skipping the service altogether.

Yes he was being dramatic. But if one understood what was at stake, one might not judge him so harshly.

Then he thought of Martin.

It just wouldn't of been right he sighed. It was his goodbye, and the only opportunity he was gonna have to say one above ground.

Besides Olivia was very sweet the other day, he mused. She seemed to genuinely enjoy seeing him again and when she touched him he actually felt like he was being s-

No.

Stop.

Rune stood and stared at the phone he was apparently holding. He didn't even remember reaching for it. In his other hand he held a scrap paper with a seven digit number his brother had given him. Olivia was gonna be there anyway. What difference did it make if they went together? Besides she was an opportunist. Always was. If she missed him so much why had this been the first he had heard from her? No doubt the meeting was nothing more than a story she had laughed about after with whoever the fuck she laughed with these days.

From a more rationale part of himself he could hear the arguments. The most obvious being It was not an amicable break up. As well as the fact that Rune no longer had the same number. Least of all the logic that she no doubt realized he was hurt or mad or whatever.

He growled and tossed the phone.

Madness. What's wrong with me, he thought.

He tossed the number in a waste paper basket by his computer desk and went to bed.

---------------------------------------

When the doors opened the sound was amplified. It was as if the entire funeral turned to look in their direction. The room was bathed in light for a brief moment then they slammed closed. Rune didn't even have look to know who it was. Olivia would of been late to her OWN funeral he smirked.

No doubt embarrassed she sat as quickly as she could, finding a seat in the back and only a few persons away from him and a pew back. The service, which hadn't stopped although it felt like it briefly, continued as the priest spoke about Martin's life versus his untimely death trying to make a dogmatic reasoning behind it all.

Rune rose and pushed across the few people between them and sat beside her. Surprising even himself with his masochistic apathy.

"Some things never change huh, Olivia?" He smiled brushing a few cat hairs off his long black coat.

Olivia wanted nothing more than to shrink and disappear in her embarrassment. Interrupting a funeral service seemed like it would be pretty high on the list of impolite things a person could do and it was all because she couldn’t just suck it up and wear one of the boring outfits she wore to work. She knew the driving force behind her critical assessment of her outfit choices was the fact that Rune would be there. She hoped that it was because she just didn’t want to look like some pathetic loser now that they weren’t together and not for more...sentimental reasons.

She focused on the priest and hoped everyone had finished judging her. She didn’t realize Rune was sitting so close to her until he stood up and made his way over to where she was sitting...because of course being late to the funeral couldn’t be her only awkward moment for the day.

"Some things never change huh, Olivia?"

She knew he was talking about her perpetual lateness for everything and despite being completely embarrassed her lips formed a small smile. She had always enjoyed his teasing and sense of humor.

“Well, you know how much I hate change. And don’t you know it’s improper to talk during a funeral?”

She turned her eyes back to the front of the church, she didn’t think she could handle any more dirty looks.

The first thing he noticed about her were her tits...

They were obviously on display thanks to a push-up bra increasing how plump and inviting they looked by a factor of at least ten. It contradicted the rest of her "professional appearance" and had he been more sexually desperate or juvenile, would have made any kind of rational conversation nearly impossible. It of course would have also been an affront and an insult to comment on their appeal. After all, it wasn't like she was advertising...right?

Rune sat down on the chair facing her. It was leather and very comfortable. He could feel his tension melting away... Or he would of it would of been that simple. In any event the chair and her breasts were giving him an erection. His dress slacks were now extra tight and he unbuttoned his dress shirt a few from the top, feeling a bit warm. Still his dick was throbbing.

He did nothing to hide it. Curious as to how she'd react.

The office was what you would expect. A room full of pretension and an almost sterile warmth which could have been inviting if not for the foreboding purpose that oozed out of every corner. A large desk, pictures of her family, books she hadn't read and a large window hidden behind an elaborately patterned curtain masking a view of the city he would never see from here.

"I'm glad you showed this time...we can't figure this out if you don't make the effort."

He sat motionless...staring at her with an unamused expression.

She sighed, crossing her long legs as she brought a cigarette to her ruby lips. "Do you mind?" She half heartedly asked after the fact as if it made a difference.

"It's your dime."

"So how was your weekend, Rune?" She continued.

He returned her sigh and slouched back, disappointed that she was not reacting to his cock, ironically and inadvertently thrusting it out even further.

"It was fine."

"Did you think about her....or have you been practicing what we discussed?"

His flesh crawled. He wanted to stand and walk out. But he had made a promise.. And the consequences of breaking it we're quite worse than staying a measly hour in his current hellhole.

He leaned his head back to face the ceiling and closed his eyes.

"Yes I thought of her"

---------------------------------------

Well, you know how much I hate change. And don’t you know it’s improper to talk during a funeral?”

He laughed, possibly the first genuine time in months. It wasn't till afterwards that he realized the deafening echo of it reverberating about the high ceiling and vacuous room and a few seconds after that, that he realized it wasn't the size of the room that amplified it so much but how out of place it was. About the same time he was returning several angered stares from people seated nearby.

He hid his embarrassment and turned back to Olivia.

"As usual I've tossed myself under the bus to rescue the maiden," he winked, still stinging from how stupid he felt. At least he was the bigger asshole now. He was used to it... And hated seeing her feel bad about herself. Despite how much a part of him despised her.

He sat for a moment looking out at the ocean of heads and pews, steeling himself before placing a hand on her naked and soft knee.

"I'm glad you came."

He didn't mean it, at least a part of him didn't and it was becoming increasingly hard to remain civil.

Olivia visibly startled at Rune’s laugh...which she decided was a much bigger faux pas than being late to a funeral. Had it been anyone but Rune she would’ve been embarrassed and would slowly start sliding away from them to keep from being associated with such awkwardness. But it was him and his impropriety was something you had to accept pretty quickly if you were going to spend any time with him. It hadn’t been easy for her, she’d been taught image was everything and etiquette mattered. She’d come to appreciate that about him though and a part of her enjoyed his audacity. She’d come to be less concerned with what people thought of her, or at least most people. She supposed that was one of the things he had taught her, though she would never reach his level of indifference. She fought to keep from smiling even as several heads turned back to glare at him.

"As usual I've tossed myself under the bus to rescue the maiden."

“Your selflessness truly knows no bounds,” she whispered leaning in.

Despite both of their interruptions, the service continued on without missing a beat and the offended parties eventually all went back to focusing on the priest. In truth, she was grateful he’d taken the attention off of her. She told herself it was just a happy accident, though. She was still bothered by how cold he’d been to her when they last spoke and she couldn’t imagine he would embarrass himself for her benefit. Deluding herself with comforting lies was foolish...something else she’d learned from him. Still, in this situation, it was very tempting. She felt his hand on her knee and the temptation grew. It was a completely innocent touch yet her mind was instantly flooded with memories of his less innocent touches.

"I'm glad you came."

“Me too,” she said, though it took an effort to keep her voice steady and pleasant.

She closed her eyes for a moment and tried to push the memories out of her mind. Do NOT get turned on at a funeral, what is wrong with you, she berated herself even as her hand moved to rest on top of his. She tried to focus on the priest’s words and hoped it was going to be a short service.

“Your selflessness truly knows no bounds."

Rune smiled, Olivia used to be the star his world revolved around and it was becoming very easy to slip back into an all too familiar complacency. They always had this undeniable connection, or so he thought...until....

She told him she was also happy she came. He felt her delicate, manicured hand atop his, while he began to move his palm farther up her leg. He positioned it further towards her inner thigh and starting caress her flesh with eager fingers. Gently and very very subtly, molesting the area near her sex. It was all happening quickly, before he knew what he was actually doing. As if some old reflex muscle was acting on instinct.

But once ha HAD realized, he didn't stop.

Her focus on the ceremony lasted maybe a minute and then she felt Rune’s hand slowly move from her knee to her thigh. Her breath caught as his fingers started teasing along her inner thigh. Her hand was still on his and she knew there were a number of reasons she should stop this right now...good, rational reasons. Even as she listed the reasons to herself she took her hand off of his and put it back on her knee so she was somewhat blocking what he was doing from view.

This really probably wasn’t a good idea but her body had already started responding the second he put his hand on her knee. If it were any of the one night stands or even the guys she slept with more than once there wouldn’t be any back and forth on what to do. As always, with Rune it was never simple or uninvolved. She had never been able to think straight when it came to him. Knowing all of this she still scooted closer to him and gave in to the moment.

The fact that she was letting this happen in a church, during a funeral service seemed very, very shameful which really appealed to a part of her; the other part of her was humiliated of course and she could only hope she wasn’t blushing. She tried to look like she was still paying attention to what she should be and hoped no one would be paying too much attention to them.

Olivia moving closer to him was a simple and small gesture. In Rune's mind it was something more akin to the stars aligning and the relocation of heaven and earth. The warmth of her body invaded his cold bones through his dark coat and beneath tight muscles. He stiffened but only for a second, before slowly gliding his hand farther and farther along its path.

He stopped abruptly.

Letting go and shifting slightly. He put his arm around her, pulling her close. He hoped it made her feel safe, and comfortable... But then again he didn't care. He needed use of his other hand, which he used to resume his assault. From someone else's perspective it might of looked as if he was consoling her... And perhaps in his own way he was. With an arm around her Rune pulled her against him and shoved his fingers under her skirt and against her sex. He felt the familiar warmth of her and the wetness through her panties and he closed his eyes, adrenaline rushing through him. He was alive again.

He stuffed himself beneath them and arced his fingers to find her lips. He parted them and slowly slid his middle finger inside her dripping cunt.

"Your wet....during a funeral" He whispered "...it's good to see the little slut I raised hasn't changed too much."

Back