inserting table?

GrushaVashnadze

Really Experienced
I have a story I would like to post which includes a couple of tables, i.e. schedules/timetables in grid form, with columns and rows, e.g.:

[TR]
[TD]a[/TD]
[TD]b[/TD]
[TD]c[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]d[/TD]
[TD]e[/TD]
[TD]f[/TD]
[/TR]

Is there a way to insert such things into a story here? (I guess it can't even be inserted as a picture?)

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Many thanks,
Grusha

Whoops! That didn't come out the way I expected. Is that the coding for tables I now see? (Maybe I'll try it in a story and see what happens...)

I'm fairly certain the "help" section was directly imported from the original forum, and none of it applies. There's a new table function now available up there with all the other formatting options, but I haven't tried it yet. If it actually works, point and click creation will be less fraught than the old coding method.

[TR]
[TD]
souvenir_thum.png
[/TD]
[TD]
breasts_to_go_thum.png
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
lot_lizard_thum.png
[/TD]
[TD]
sucksess_thum.png
[/TD]
[/TR]

Let's see what a basic 2x2 table of cover thumbs looks like using the point n' click interface.

ETA: Well, it doesn't work either.

It's old, but Laurel herself provided guidance: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/how-much-html-css-can-you-put-into-a-story.950833/post-50595517.

There is a discussion, so it's worth going there and reading it all, but this is the key stuff:
We allow bolds, italics, underlines, blockquotes, and centered text. We do not do indentation, tabs, justified text, font face/color/size
changes, formatted indices, boxes, columns, tables, or background color changes.
So, unless something's changed, you cannot put a table in your story. Unless you're willing to use illustrations (see Laurel's entry following the linked one.)

That fits with a guide I found, but cannot find now, that listed the HTML tags Literotica recognized in story text.

There is a discussion, so it's worth going there and reading it all, but this is the key stuff:

So, unless something's changed, you cannot put a table in your story. Unless you're willing to use illustrations (see Laurel's entry following the linked one.)

That fits with a guide I found, but cannot find now, that listed the HTML tags Literotica recognized in story text.
This is about posting on the forum, not what's allowed in stories.

The OP is talking about a story.
Bloody hell... It does say that.

Wow, talk about the brain filling in things without seeing the actual context. It was like reading a completely different post when I looked at it after your post.

'K, I fucked up. LOL

So, to the actual question....

Unless something adds a whole lot to the text, you're not going to get any special formatting, etc. It has been allowed on rare occasions in the past, but it was things such as a piece that was statistical analysis, which was allowed to have images of tables inserted into the document outside of the illustrated category. In that case, it was the easiest way for all involved for the data to be presented, and the data was absolutely necessary to the piece.

Special formatting just to present train schedules in a different visual format probably isn't going to fly.

Thank you all for all the replies above.

(And hello, RejectReality. I remember you from "another place". How are you?)

The table in question is actually an academic timetable, which is an essential part of the story in question. I note that pictures are allowed as "illustrations". Do people think that I could submit the timetables concerned as images (jpg or png), with instruction that they be inserted into the story at the appropriate points? (This is how I have published this story elsewhere.)

I am new here, so and still working out what's allowed and what's not... Your advice is much appreciated! Has anyone here submitted a story with interpolated images?

The table in question is actually an academic timetable, which is an essential part of the story in question. I note that pictures are allowed as "illustrations". Do people think that I could submit the timetables concerned as images (jpg or png), with instruction that they be inserted into the story at the appropriate points? (This is how I have published this story elsewhere.)

I am new here, so and still working out what's allowed and what's not... Your advice is much appreciated! Has anyone here submitted a story with interpolated images?
Um, scroll upward until you find the my previous posting in this thread. Find in that posting a link to another discussion. Follow that link and scroll down and you’ll see a discussion about using an illustration to insert the timetables.

Still in a slump and lamenting that the other place has gone to hell, because it was my preferred venue for 2500 word or less stories. LOL

There is an illustrated category here, and that's where all stories with images are placed. They're only approved once a week, as are stories with included audio. ( sometimes it will even go longer )

Obviously, the readers are expecting naughty images when they enter the illustrated category, so a story that needs non-erotic images is likely to suffer mightily from not meeting those expectations. Not the route you want to go.

The example I mentioned earlier was a group of submissions for the Reviews and Essays category that did a statistical analysis of Literotica stories in several different ways. The author vetted the idea in advance with Laurel ( the sole submissions editor ) and that was the only reason that a story with embedded images ( tables showing the data being discussed ) was allowed to be posted outside the illustrated category. That data was the absolute heart and soul of the submissions.

I think you're going to have a very difficult time convincing Laurel that there's no way you can present that academic timetable in text using the allowed formatting, which would be necessary to gain an exemption to the standard of any story with illustrations going into the illustrated category. ( And being subject to the extended approval time )

If you've posted it with an image of that timetable somewhere else before, perhaps you could attach the image to a post and I could work out a way to present it within the standard formatting.

Well - success! It took weeks, but - thanks to RR's advice (above) and Laurel's personal attention - I have managed to get that chapter published with the three academic tables inserted. Here it is:

Alison Goes to London Ch. 02

By the way, this is chapter 2 of a novel of mine which has been short-listed for Best Erotic Story by a New Author on the Clitorides Awards. You can read the whole of it, and vote (according to your honest opinion, of course) here:

Best Erotic Story by a New Author

Thanks for everyone's advice and support!
Grusha

Back