Immortal Love

Deacon Frost

He slowly moved over to her and sank down on his haunches next to her, his look was one of concern.

"You remember nothing before that? How you went through almost the same thing at the hands of patrons where you had lived, how we both got cursed with immortality? How the only thing I ever wished from you were just your company and to watch you dance?"

He lowered his head for a second, then looked up at her,

"Let me tell you what I know about you."

He started with what he had been told of her past before he came there, then recounted everything that happened up until the moment he had been killed by the guard with the pike.

She listened intently her head tilted as she listened wanting so very much to remember. The concern in his face and eyes touched her... without thought she reached a hand to his cheek. He was so kind to hold such worry and concern for her.

That song you played after the sad ones... there in the square... what was that... I... it was comforting... I do not know why though.

Deacon Frost

He smiled slightly at her touch, so wrapped up in his concern for her that he did not realize that it actually brought feelings for her to the fore.

"It is a song that used to be and I guess still is your favourite. It is a song of your homeland. If you want I will play it for you."

Yes... play it.

She bit her lip wanting to remember wanting to remember him... to understand what she has lost from her mind and her past. She watched his eyes.

Why can I not remember... not even someone clearly as kind as you... but only that brutal whoever he was count...

He got up, picked up his guitar and slung it over his shoulder, he started playing as he thought,

"I honestly do not know. Perhaps your mind decided to block out the past to save itself? I have heard talk of things like that happen, yet never fully believed it."

She shuddered at the thought of that horrible man being her "earliest" memory. She smiled though as the music began to relax her. Watching him play something in her mind tried to remember the song or him or anything. A tear resting in the corner of her eye as she sat there listening to him play.

She felt safer here with him then she had even felt with the man she seemed to understand she was to marry. How could that be... who had he been to her before?

He kept playing as he watched her, his fingers moving from the song to another, songs of her homeland and songs that she in particular had liked. She had said it out loud, but he knew when he saw her face as she danced. He smiled as he thought of her dancing, then he thought of something,

"Samira, why don't we try something? Try to dance to the music? I think your salvation lies there."

She stood and nodding she strangely trusted him thoughts on the matter though doubted she could dance in this strange and infuriating dress. It is what she was told she had always worn and the one she was wearing in fact she was told had been her favorite but it felt so strange on her she was not sure.

Yes maybe that would work... I am unsure how to dance in this dress but I will try.

She smiled to him awaiting him to begin playing again.

He chuckled and with a playful tone said,

"You could always take it off if you need freedom from it."

He strummed the guitar and then played a children's song, he sang softly with it as he waited for her response to his joke

She looked stunned for a moment then thinking about all the layers she was wearing she did opt to remove some of the layers till she was in a simple soft gown and smiled to him slowly beginning to dance.

He chuckled and moved from the childrens' song to a song that would suit her weaving of magic much better. He was sure that when the moves came to her, she would remember more and perhaps through that remembered more about herself

Slowly she began to dance... as if carried by instinct more than conscious thought... It was as though she had no understanding of the movements of her own body as it worked separate from her conscious mind. She looked to him and smiled wanting so much to actively remember. Slowly little things seemed to come back to her.

She was dancing when the Count grabbed her. Her movements her steps at least seemed to turn more to moving to struggle at the end of the Counts arm she was in the trance that her dancing places her in but this time it was dropping her into her most recent hell as it slowly traveled back to the men that took her at first then... Deacon

Deacon...

She stared at him still terrified but more from the fact that he had been missing and she thought him dead or lost to her.

He nodded at her saying his name,

"That is me, Deacon."

He kept playing, he watched as the music moved her and how she created the music that he played. It was a close relationship, the closest one he ever had with anybody else ever before.

She stopped dancing her eyes locked on him. She stood there shaking nearly head to toe biting her lip.

They... You... Then the count... and then... They will be looking for me... the young noble... His mother sought to see him married off so he found me but she liked me.

He stopped playing and rested his arms on top of the guitar,

"Perhaps they will, but this is Paris after all my dear. They will not find you. Oh and I have a little present for you."

He moved over to one bag and pulled out clothes, he showed them to her,

"This was more like what you wore out of your own free wull."

She took the clothing looking at it... you kept the rest of the clothing I had with me when we were sent away from Salim...

She watched him biting her lip... could he care more than she knew? She moved away from him seeking a place to get changed. Wanting to feel more like herself and get out of these even still confining feeling clothing.

He nodded and turned his back to give her some privacy,

"Yes, I did promise you to show you freedom and of course I do like you or I would not have came looking for you."

He suddenly chuckled,

"I still can't believe that I had to play ballads for pirates."

You played music for pirates?

She laughed a little she had a rough idea of what sort he spoke of and his words and tone told her it was something somewhat funny. She quickly got changed and smiled walking up behind him she offered a kiss to his cheek as it had been one of her favorite bits of clothing from her homeland.

He smiled at the kiss and gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze,

"Yes I did and let me tell you, they may seem like the toughest scurvy scum there is, but on the inside they are just a bunch of puppy dogs."

He looked her over,

"Now you look like you again."

A chuckle followed, then a slight frown,

"I still feel like I have failed you, I did not protect you to the best of my abilities."

You did not hold the command that Salim would have when they offered to buy me from you... it is not your fault...

She did not want to think about it any longer they were reunited and she was safe once more that should be all that mattered he could be there now... and he did in one way rescue her.

So what do we do now... we will have to leave his lordship has a large family and there are many who know me as his bride to be...

He produced her savings book,

"You dropped this when they took you."

He handed it over to her,

"We can leave, I have made quite a good amount of money while plundering with the pirates, so we should be able to go anywhere you wish to go."

Looking at the book she laughed a little I don't think I want that book it seems to be bad luck. Yes I want to leave here... Far from here I don't know where we could go but I want to leave this place.

She watched him strangely with everything she had been through if any male was going to hold her or be near her she knew she would feel safest if it was him... Because clearly that would never happen.

He nodded his head and tucked the book away, he would keep it safe for her, one day she will thank him since they had quite a long time to live.

"Then come, let's get away while nothing is sure yet. The two bags is what you left behind, a bit worse for wear, but I had a tough time to get here."

Nodding she smiled to him.

Its quite alright I just want out of this place. Where will we go?

She bit her lip a little watching him unsure of where they she should go these were his lands his people she would rely on him for where they should go next.

"Judging from the turmoil here, there is but one safe place now."

He smiled at her and got up, packing his loose things into his bags,

"You may want to keep the dress, it is of good quality, it might serve you well later on."

He kept packing his bags and then when he was done he swung them over his shoulders, his black guitar in hand.

Back