Immortal Love

NotUnperson

Experienced
I was watching this scene from The Old Guard, and got to thinking about something similar. They wouldn’t have to be immortal like the ones in the movie; there are plenty of other plot devices.

Whether one of them is much “older” than the other one, or they became immortal around the same time, etc. The idea being that the immortals are still crazy about one another after all these decades.

A love for the ages? A great fantasy. Vampires would be an obvious go to, Greek or Roman gods perhaps. But personally I'd go with Highlander type immortals. You could describe their liaisons throughout history and myth. A great idea.

I think it would be about separation and reunion. Crazy in love and with no constraints in time, but still, one can be cast away in any number of ways. Wars, and such, or even willingly, one may engage in an expedition the other is unable or unwilling to join for any number of reasons. In earlier times that meant months to years with no communication. Or they can even decide to go different ways for concealment, thinking it's easier to start anew "resurrect" as new persona alone, not an established couple. Of course afterwards they may, eventually will seek one another again, even if there could be complications introduced by their pretended lives. And so on.

There could also be references to past escapades (“Just like in São Paulo, 1871?”) or Addams Family-esque banter:

“My mother did warn me about older women.”

“271 years; not quite Mrs. Robinson, dear.”

Back