I will rate you on a scale of 1 to 10

I think Riles is right, circumstances help with the score.

I remember at my golf course a few years ago a fairly attractive woman was teeing off and one of the guys said she was a 6.

We watched her rip one down the middle and I corrected him, any woman who hits off the mens tees and has a swing like that gets an immediate, situational bump of 2 points making her an 8. The pro thought about it for a second and agreed with the premise.

Same thing applies to a woman who works for me, a very strong 7, was probably an 8.5 under Lady F's scale when she was 25(now 39 with 2 kids). The fact that she is incredibly good at her job and is a terrific Leader makes her WAY hotter to me, at least a 9.25.

I myself am not prepared to post a pic, but am fully aware it takes one of my best suits and a freshly pressed shirt to get into the 5-6 range at my age.

You are sexually attracted to her because she is a hard worker? First time I have heard of such a thing. Same goes for being sexually attracted to a golf swing. You are quite unusual.

Last edited:
Your rating system is technically correct from the America of our youth, but with the rampant lack of fitness, I always add 2 points to what it would have been 30 years ago.

If you start from the middle, the average of 5, I would have to say a 5 these days is out of shape because the average American IS out of shape.

I realize you run out of room at the top.

Also, as discussed, it depends on who your competition is. Where I live no one gets points for attire because no woman bothers. The easiest way to spot a visitor is look for heels. It is pants, baggy shirts and ugly shoes. It is so bad that the nearest WalMart (45 miles away) does not even offer any shoes I would consider attractive, much less sexy. A bedazzled pair of flip flops is sexy in the bar here. Not kidding. Like foam flip-flops.

Up here you would be a hard 8 against girls half your age. Against women your age? We don't have a scale.

You are sexually attracted to her because she is a hard worker? First time I have heard of such a thing. Same goes for being sexually attracted to a golf swing. You are quite unusual.

It's more that she is more attractive because we have things in common, plus the skills are ones I value personally.

It's more that she is more attractive because we have things in common, plus the skills are ones I value personally.

That's not overly rare. I've seen women mention how watching a man do something he's particularly skilled at can be sexy to them - especially working with their hands.

I've even been told that my Excel skills can be a turn-on.

For me, if a woman is funny and smart, she becomes more attractive.

That's not overly rare. I've seen women mention how watching a man do something he's particularly skilled at can be sexy to them - especially working with their hands.

I agree with this. I find someone much more attractive that can fix things than having to hire out. Their capabilities and skills and know how, not necessarily even watching them do it, bumps a point up, def!

Attractiveness is so much more than aesthetics for me.

I agree with all of this. I've seen 19 y/os with cellulite and 40 y/os without any. I'm fairly sure it's genetic. I don't have cellulite either, but I have some stretch marks around the sides of my breasts, from weight gain.

It's kind of interesting to think about what "attraction" is. I find that how attractive someone is increases or decreases as I get to know them and how I feel about them. People I don't think are that good looking somehow become more physically desirable when I find they have cool personalities. Mediocre dudes become hot - like, I look at him and think, man he's a good looking guy - when I find him super funny. Conversely, there are people who I used to think were incredibly beautiful who just now sort of put me off because I find them so distasteful now.

Like I really think that perception of what is physically attractive can alter based on your feelings towards the person.

Of course you can find someone attractive or unattractive in a vacuum, too, which obviously is the point of this thread.
I get this. People I like, who are groovy or cool or talented become more attractive to me. People who are shitty, or annoying become less attractive in my mind.

In no universe is 1HF a 1 or a 5; regardless of what her body looks like. I'm starting to think this thread has no credibility.

:rolleyes:

I'm a -3 but I make it work.

con·ceit·ed
kənˈsēdəd/
adjective
excessively proud of oneself; vain.
synonyms: vain, narcissistic, self-centered, egotistic, egotistical, egocentric; More

I use the expression sometimes she's even prettier when she talks.

If you just view other human beings as an object(i'm not being snotty) then it's pretty hard to ever evaluate anyone and get them into the 8+ category. Few people are that good looking.

When you see someone who is strikingly good looking of either sex and then it turns out that's all they are I tend to lose interest.

When you find out they are interesting or their face lights up when they get passionate about something they are infinitely more attractive.

I have come across as many people in Funk's 7 category that become 9's when you get to know them over the years as 9's who become 6's when they open their mouths.

Your rating system is technically correct from the America of our youth, but with the rampant lack of fitness, I always add 2 points to what it would have been 30 years ago.

If you start from the middle, the average of 5, I would have to say a 5 these days is out of shape because the average American IS out of shape.

I realize you run out of room at the top.

Also, as discussed, it depends on who your competition is. Where I live no one gets points for attire because no woman bothers. The easiest way to spot a visitor is look for heels. It is pants, baggy shirts and ugly shoes. It is so bad that the nearest WalMart (45 miles away) does not even offer any shoes I would consider attractive, much less sexy. A bedazzled pair of flip flops is sexy in the bar here. Not kidding. Like foam flip-flops.

Up here you would be a hard 8 against girls half your age. Against women your age? We don't have a scale.

My hometown is like that. I don't understand wearing flip flops anywhere other than around the house or at the beach/pool party. And the women are all fat, or with mannish haircuts, or both. I admit it is fun to go out in OK because I stand out so much for being fit and stylish... but then I get back to NYC and the reality of being on the high end of average comes back.

It isn't rare at all for women to be sexually attracted to mens skills, as we women aren't as visually driven as men. It's actually quite normal. but the opposite? No way. In fact I don't really believe him.

Albertaboy, this woman has a perfect golf swing and is the top performer at her job. She is brilliant and you have never been more impressed with her skills. Are you sexually attracted to her?

article-0-0D58F4B3000005DC-965_468x513.jpg

It isn't rare at all for women to be sexually attracted to mens skills, as we women aren't as visually driven as men. It's actually quite normal. but the opposite? No way. In fact I don't really believe him.

Albertaboy, this woman has a perfect golf swing and is the top performer at her job. She is brilliant and you have never been more impressed with her skills. Are you sexually attracted to her?

article-0-0D58F4B3000005DC-965_468x513.jpg

I can tell from here she doesn't have a beautiful golf swing, a really good one is pretty athletic.

Lets say in the picture she's a 1. If in fact she works in one of my areas and is very passionate about our clients and her work, I probably stop seeing a 1.

Harriet-Green-of-Thomas-C-005.jpg

Lets take this woman, she is reasonably attractive, probably a 5-6 on the scale, her facial expression isn't making her more attractive. I think she's an British Executive for Thomas cook. I suspect if we met her in her own environment, and engaged her in something she was passionate about we would see her in a different light(I don't know anything about her so maybe not), when someone's best personality features are allowed to flourish and come to the front they often transform into far more attractive human beings.

When I was younger I remember being oddly attracted to nice looking, but not spectacular looking woman sometimes and wondered why. As I have gotten older (going on 52) and learned more about myself I have come to the realization that almost no one would look great standing naked in a lineup of other naked people with a passport photo facial expression, but there are a staggering number of people in the world ( including me I suspect) that become more attractive when they get fired up about something or are doing something they love, be it golf, teaching, farming or business.

I am not sure that you answered my question. If the woman I pictured had a perfect golf swing and was very successful due to being an impressively hard worker, would you be sexually attracted to her or not? Does that make you want to fuck her? Yes or no?

I am not sure that you answered my question. If the woman I pictured had a perfect golf swing and was very successful due to being an impressively hard worker, would you be sexually attracted to her or not? Does that make you want to fuck her? Yes or no?

you get like an extra 2-3 points from me for being awesome personality-wise. so if you were a 1 to start with and you became a 3-4 i probably still wouldn't bang.

if you were a 4 and your awesomeness propels you to a 7 i would totally bang.

but it depends where you are to start with. she's a 1, so i personally wouldn't. other's mileage may vary.

you get like an extra 2-3 points from me for being awesome personality-wise. so if you were a 1 to start with and you became a 3-4 i probably still wouldn't bang.

if you were a 4 and your awesomeness propels you to a 7 i would totally bang.

but it depends where you are to start with. she's a 1, so i personally wouldn't. other's mileage may vary.

Well of course, you are a woman. We are different than men in that character, personality and success are sexually attractive to us. For men those qualities are icing on the cake but won't make a guy want to fuck someone he doesn't otherwise find attractive.

Back