I use google docs to write and edit

2soon2no

Gentleperson
I find that google or windows docs works well to keep my stories in order and accessible from both my desk and my laptop. If I am editing for others, I want them in either google or windows doc so I can put 'suggestion mode' on, thereby leaving the client with total control of the product.
Any thoughts on this from other Authors or Editors?

I still use Word for everything, mostly because basically, Word does an acceptable job of replacing the typewriter I learned on, I use maybe 10% of the capability of any word processor software, and I'm too stubborn to learn how to used anything new.

I have used an editor only once, and then it was involuntary for a site that wouldn't publish until after their "in house editors" had reviewed and "fixed" the story. My story was published, but it wasn't still my story. The "editor" had change the wording and context of so much it was an entirely different work. It wasn't an "edit", it was a re-write to fit what the "editor" thought it should have been.

I no longer edit for others for fear of doing the same thing.

I still use Word for everything, mostly because basically, Word does an acceptable job of replacing the typewriter I learned on, I use maybe 10% of the capability of any word processor software, and I'm too stubborn to learn how to used anything new.
Me too.

Word is industry standard and I write for the industry. I see no reason to use anything else until/unless the industry changes its standard platform.

I use Google doc. In fact I have several accounts, a couple of which I use for writing.
As for sharing. I created a shared folder in my main account, that I share with my editor, I usually create the doc in that so we both have access to it.
A shared folder with projects that are currently being worked on , and moving them to s separate folder when they're done, has worked well for me.

I love Word, but Google docs has become a favorite of mine. I was hesitant at first, but now I use it all the time, especially when working with others

I use Google doc. In fact I have several accounts, a couple of which I use for writing.
As for sharing. I created a shared folder in my main account, that I share with my editor, I usually create the doc in that so we both have access to it.
A shared folder with projects that are currently being worked on , and moving them to s separate folder when they're done, has worked well for me.
I do get a bit of confusion having two gmail accounts. If the wrong one is active it takes me to a different doc library. It actually works out well, since the works that I'm editing are kept there, while my own stuff stays completely separate.

I used to use Apache Open Office but I switched to Google Docs. First so many people use Google Docs anyways, and it's just easier to share without having to send the files to download through the emails and worrying if your format came through right. Second, it's cloud based so you won't lose your shit if your old computer dies on you(It's pain).

Yeah, I like Google Docs.

Back