I tried to write something different, but...

Editor's forum, my friend. It's free, but it might take a while before you get a response.

But: only if he's actually committed to posting the story. Don't jerk a volunteer editor around and waste their time if he's just going to pull some "but then I gave up because I couldn't decide what font to use, I'll never be an author" excuse for burying yet another story.

Some say semi-colons are ugly to use and avoid them completely like it's bad grammar to use them.

And most of those folk still have a sneaky semicolon here and there, even as they're telling the rest of us not to use them.

But: only if he's actually committed to posting the story. Don't jerk a volunteer editor around and waste their time if he's just going to pull some "but then I gave up because I couldn't decide what font to use, I'll never be an author" excuse for burying yet another story.

And most of those folk still have a sneaky semicolon here and there, even as they're telling the rest of us not to use them.
True, and true... This guy just seems like he's doing all of this for attention, but I thought I'd give my two cents regardless. For anyone who might actually be serious and read it, not him specifically.

Yeahm some writers are big hypocrites. Not just with semi-colons either. Steven King hates adverbs but he still drops a few sneaky adverbs in his writing.

Back