How Do You View Yourself?

On Lit, I view myself as invisible. My real life is extremely stressful so this is a nice escape for me.

i-can-see-you-jojo-siwa.gif

Who in our society is not full of self-doubt or does not question their worth? I don't know if it is possible to not feel less than at a time when we are faced with continually changing definitions of perfection and unobtainable images of success. And who does not feel insecure in some aspect of their lives?

I view myself as a good communicator, an outspoken advocate, a great hostess and cook, the best parent I can be, an intelligent and positive person and someone who builds strong connections and deep friendships. I know that I care deeply for other people. I am also quick to be hurt, needy, insecure in friendships(seemingly more so online), lonely and a wee bit broken. I am thankful that I was not defined by my childhood trauma, that I have broken the cycle of violence and I'm grateful that I have learned skills that usually allow me to manage the PTSD I carry with me. I work every day at growing and changing and gluing myself back together.

Lit gives me a positive way to connect with others, an outlet to promote body positivity, and to show off but it has also highlighted my vulnerabilities and areas of weakness. Often I will hear how much people appreciate and want realness and how much more desirable a genuine person is. While I think for the most part that is true we are still holding each other to ideals that are not realistic or manageable. (I know I have) It is a strange mix of flawed humans trying to balance reality and expectation and it can drastically impact how you see yourself.

I am grateful that I know my value but that does not mean that I am always confident or never experience anxiety and self-doubt. We all focus on our flaws. It is what we are socially programmed to do and so very easy to embrace.

Easy answer: with a mirror.

Otherwise I'm a gregarious person who loves life, I'm difficult to provoke, but will quickly defend others, oh, and I will do almost anythjng for a laugh 😁

Who in our society is not full of self-doubt or does not question their worth? I don't know if it is possible to not feel less than at a time when we are faced with continually changing definitions of perfection and unobtainable images of success. And who does not feel insecure in some aspect of their lives?

I view myself as a good communicator, an outspoken advocate, a great hostess and cook, the best parent I can be, an intelligent and positive person and someone who builds strong connections and deep friendships. I know that I care deeply for other people. I am also quick to be hurt, needy, insecure in friendships(seemingly more so online), lonely and a wee bit broken. I am thankful that I was not defined by my childhood trauma, that I have broken the cycle of violence and I'm grateful that I have learned skills that usually allow me to manage the PTSD I carry with me. I work every day at growing and changing and gluing myself back together.

Lit gives me a positive way to connect with others, an outlet to promote body positivity, and to show off but it has also highlighted my vulnerabilities and areas of weakness. Often I will hear how much people appreciate and want realness and how much more desirable a genuine person is. While I think for the most part that is true we are still holding each other to ideals that are not realistic or manageable. (I know I have) It is a strange mix of flawed humans trying to balance reality and expectation and it can drastically impact how you see yourself.

I am grateful that I know my value but that does not mean that I am always confident or never experience anxiety and self-doubt. We all focus on our flaws. It is what we are socially programmed to do and so very easy to embrace.
Beautifully spoken. 🌹

I view myself in a full length mirror to make sure the skanks can see that huge bulge when I walk into the Elks Lodge.

I should be a broken mess! I was told from early age I was nobody, I'd never be any good, I didn't want you! At first it hurt but I couldn't stay in that hole. I guess I pushed myself harder because of this treatment! A narcissist will always make you feel less so they can be more! Be careful who crosses your path because they can move in and distroy everything you've done! Believe in yourself. Then others will also! I deal with PTSD daily but it can be overcome!

I am glad I started this thread. I was unsure whether to or not as I didn't want to trigger anyone.
It is interesting to see different views people have of themselves and things they do to try and rectify any issues.

I had this really scary moment yesterday where I was straight up spiraling. My weight has always fluctuated due to hypothyroidism and the last couple years or so it's just gotten worse. I've been going to the gym the last few months and while I'm seeing a little progress I'm not quite seeing the overall results I want. I convinced myself I was never going to lose the weight and I was just going to keep gaining until I looked like Baron Harkonen. I was full on freaking out.

And Lit...I make no secret or apologies that I'm not ripped like a lot of the hot dudes that get ogled in the pic threads. I am who I am. Overall I generally think I'm okay looking and I've got style. Not to mention that I've brought plenty of partners to orgasm (it's true, read my Yelp reviews). But I hate this garbage bag full of mayonnaise I have for a mid-section. 🤣 I still think about the one person from years ago I showed a full body pic who straight up body-shamed me. It was someone who was liked so it was weird and kind of shocking that she literally just told me "You'd look a lot better if you weren't so big." And another person recently said something completely innocuous that in the moment I read as "Ah ha! See? This is proof no one wants you. You're a stooge and a joke."

My logical mind knows I'm a worthwhile, cool person. I'm the person I dreamed of being when I was younger and getting slapped around (literally and figuratively) by pretty much everyone in my life. I didn't grow up to be a lame asshole. I still make art and do music and I don't have anyone holding me back from great experiences. I regard myself well, or at least try to. But sometimes? Holy shit, do I get harsh reminders that the work is in progress.

I had this really scary moment yesterday where I was straight up spiraling. My weight has always fluctuated due to hypothyroidism and the last couple years or so it's just gotten worse. I've been going to the gym the last few months and while I'm seeing a little progress I'm not quite seeing the overall results I want. I convinced myself I was never going to lose the weight and I was just going to keep gaining until I looked like Baron Harkonen. I was full on freaking out.

And Lit...I make no secret or apologies that I'm not ripped like a lot of the hot dudes that get ogled in the pic threads. I am who I am. Overall I generally think I'm okay looking and I've got style. Not to mention that I've brought plenty of partners to orgasm (it's true, read my Yelp reviews). But I hate this garbage bag full of mayonnaise I have for a mid-section. 🤣 I still think about the one person from years ago I showed a full body pic who straight up body-shamed me. It was someone who was liked so it was weird and kind of shocking that she literally just told me "You'd look a lot better if you weren't so big." And another person recently said something completely innocuous that in the moment I read as "Ah ha! See? This is proof no one wants you. You're a stooge and a joke."

My logical mind knows I'm a worthwhile, cool person. I'm the person I dreamed of being when I was younger and getting slapped around (literally and figuratively) by pretty much everyone in my life. I didn't grow up to be a lame asshole. I still make art and do music and I don't have anyone holding me back from great experiences. I regard myself well, or at least try to. But sometimes? Holy shit, do I get harsh reminders that the work is in progress.

I get you. I am not the best looking guy at all. I resemble Shrek except I'm not green. I have had confidence issues all my life and recently I've tried posting a few pics on here.

However that has now stopped after I got a comment in public that quoted my pic and got "Yuck."

So that has put paid to that. Some people are just cruel.

I get you. I am not the best looking guy at all. I resemble Shrek except I'm not green. I have had confidence issues all my life and recently I've tried posting a few pics on here.

However that has now stopped after I got a comment in public that quoted my pic and got "Yuck."

So that has put paid to that. Some people are just cruel.
Holy fuck, I'm sorry that happened. We just have to remember that shit like that is on them, not you. :(

Back