Help with pacing and the flow of my story

Akerendova

Virgin
Hey everyone. Thank you for taking a few moments to read this.

I have a complete piece, that's almost 16000 words that I would like some assistance with. I have run it through a spell check (via Google doc), and Grammary (through the Chrome plug in). What I am basically looking for is help to make sure the story flows well, that some of the details I've added don't bog things down too much.

I have reached out to three different editors in the volunteer editor option through the main portal over the last several days and haven't gotten a reply. I'm not sure if the form isn't working, if it's the holidays getting in the way, or if they aren't interested.

It's mostly a romantic coupling, with hints of BDSM and Mdom, with mild degradation.

Any suggestions on where to find an editor? If you happen across this and have time, are able/willing to help, please reach out.

The volunteer editor program is almost totally defunct here--has been for years. Also, anyone can volunteer to be an editor here. There's no evidence that you have a good chance of finding a volunteer editor who knows more about editing than you do.

Right here is the best place to seek help. You've included all the information someone would need to consider helping you.

Hey hey Akerendova.

Sure, I could read over that. Hit me up with a PM and... ummm... I think there's some way to send attachments through this thing?
Sorry- first time editing.

Also, I'll probably want to ask a couple questions about what level of feedback you are after, and what your goals are with the story; that way I can tune my feedback to match the kind of stuff you are after.

Back