Help with a few German phrases.

Apologies for asking, but how different are German and Austrian expressions of pleasure? I used to know an Austrian girl who grew up near Linz and some of the phrasing I remember her using like "Du fühlst dich so gut an” doesn’t seem right on the page. Am I imagining there’s more differences?

This one works in German-German as well.

Apologies for asking, but how different are German and Austrian expressions of pleasure? I used to know an Austrian girl who grew up near Linz and some of the phrasing I remember her using like "Du fühlst dich so gut an” doesn’t seem right on the page. Am I imagining there’s more differences?

Yes, I agree /w @PhiroEpsilon, "German"-German and "Austrian"-German are not so different from each other like East-Coast/West-Coast-US-English, or US-UK-English or, UK-Scottish to UK-Welsh... ;o)

The differences are rather "between the lines" ;-) The German "German" is more "direct" than the Austrian "German", like:

In Austrian-German one would say:
-- "Could you please do?" ("Könnten Sie bitte bis morgen...") -- meaning: "Please do, unless you can't!" und
-- In German-German one would say: "Please do!" ("Tun Sie bitte bis morgen") -- meaning: "Please do, and if you can't, please let me know!" ☺️

it's almost the same, but not exactly^^ 😇

kendra22

Off the back of that, would this be an acceptable English-German styling? I just want to get a feeling for if this feels “real” or natural.

"Okay, Sam," she instructed, her voice dripping with desire. "Start thrusting." Puzzled yet intrigued, Sam began to thrust, his member sliding back and forth between Petra's thighs, just below the lips of her wet pussy. Petra moaned softly, a mixture of pleasure and amusement, as Sam’s movements stimulated her sensitive areas. "Du fühlst dich so gut an," she moaned in German, her voice filled with unbridled desire. "Mehr, Sam, gib mir mehr."

Off the back of that, would this be an acceptable English-German styling? I just want to get a feeling for if this feels “real” or natural.

"Okay, Sam," she instructed, her voice dripping with desire. "Start thrusting." Puzzled yet intrigued, Sam began to thrust, his member sliding back and forth between Petra's thighs, just below the lips of her wet pussy. Petra moaned softly, a mixture of pleasure and amusement, as Sam’s movements stimulated her sensitive areas. "Du fühlst dich so gut an," she moaned in German, her voice filled with unbridled desire. "Mehr, Sam, gib mir mehr."

Well no, because the term "Du fühlst dich gut an", is what he feels in his fingertips.
Alternatives:
"Das fühlt sich gut an." - That feels good. (or "geil", if you like dirty talk)

Or even more : "Das geht mir durch und durch" - That feeling goes through my skin.

Well no, because the term "Du fühlst dich gut an", is what he feels in his fingertips.
Alternatives:
"Das fühlt sich gut an." - That feels good. (or "geil", if you like dirty talk)

Or even more : "Das geht mir durch und durch" - That feeling goes through my skin.
Thank you - my German is still terrible after all these years! Appreciate the correction.

Hmm... I'm rather okay with "Du fühlst dich so gut an".

If anything, I would change the phrase "Mehr, Sam, gib mir mehr.". It's not wrong, it just doesn't sit right with me. I'd go with something simple like "Fester", but that would change the meaning, although only slightly.

Well, no @PhiroEpsilon ;o) because here, it's about the full sentence:

"Du fühlst dich so gut an," she moaned in German, her voice filled with...

So, it's SHE who's talking, not HIM (or the storyteller) who's telling the story. ;-) And SHE, being pushed / thrusted / shoved / plugged... can - of course - say: "You feel so good" / Your "body" feels so good / Your *** feels so good.." ;-)
{"Du fühlst dich so gut an"} :giggle:

Well, no @PhiroEpsilon ;o) because here, it's about the full sentence:

So, it's SHE who's talking, not HIM (or the storyteller) who's telling the story. ;-) And SHE, being pushed / thrusted / shoved / plugged... can - of course - say: "You feel so good" / Your "body" feels so good / Your *** feels so good.." ;-)
{"Du fühlst dich so gut an"} :giggle:
So was my German good in context then? I am pleased!

I have found it is really difficult to write English to German for the purpose of English speakers.

Thanks for your comments all. I am hoping this chapter gets published soon, and I will link it here.

Again, a question about using the word Strasse in a story written in English..
Take for instance Bleibtreustrasse.
I understand that may be the correct way to spell the word in German...but when writing a story in English I feel I should separate the two, Bleibtreu and strasse, as in "Over on Bleibtreu Strasse." for my American readers as I don't want to say Bleibtreu Street. I recall when talking and mentioning a street in Berlin we always used the word strasse.

Hi Eliot,

I hope your story is coming along :)

As for your question: First of all, the correct spelling would be "Straße", not "Strasse".

As for separating the word "Straße" and the rest of the name of the street - well, as so often, it depends... There are street names were "Straße" is usually separated, e. g. "Berliner Straße". If it´s really "Bleibtreustraße", I would write it as one word. But it´s a proper noun, so the spelling might be different without it being wrong.

Hi,

There are even some rules.

Straßennamen

As Phlegi said, Bleibtreustraße would probably be correct.
Compared to e.g. Fritz-Bleibtreu-Straße.

My personal conclusion. It does not matter too much in this case.

Cheers
Mayia

Thank you..My keyboard cant make that spelling of Strasse,
I'm sure I could find a way to change it but hardly worth it.
Okay M, I'll stick with the spelling Bleibtreu strasse, separating the word street.

Thank you..My keyboard cant make that spelling of Strasse,
I'm sure I could find a way to change it but hardly worth it.
Okay M, I'll stick with the spelling Bleibtreu strasse, separating the word street.

Try Alt 2 2 5 or Alt 0 2 2 3 . AltGr s might also work

If you have to write more often European characters you could install EurKEY. It adds many keys to the US layout.
I use it on all of my keyboards, because characters like [ ] { } are a pain on the German keyboard if you have to use them more often, e.g. for programming.

If you have to write more often European characters you could install EurKEY. It adds many keys to the US layout.
I use it on all of my keyboards, because characters like [ ] { } are a pain on the German keyboard if you have to use them more often, e.g. for programming.

Oh, you young guys are so spoiled ... :)

In my University days (1970s) I had to write German documents on a Siemens mainframe. I wrote a formatting program to create German Umlauts on an IBM Selectric printer with US ball-head. Later I modified the vi sources to accept German umlauts. Those were the days...

Again, a question about using the word Strasse in a story written in English..
Take for instance Bleibtreustrasse.
I understand that may be the correct way to spell the word in German...but when writing a story in English I feel I should separate the two, Bleibtreu and strasse, as in "Over on Bleibtreu Strasse." for my American readers as I don't want to say Bleibtreu Street. I recall when talking and mentioning a street in Berlin we always used the word strasse.

Well, just to be quick ;-)

As to the issue "Strasse" vs. "Straße": BOTH is correct! :)

As ppl already pointed out: "Straße" is the spelling in German and Austrian German. BUT "Strasse" is the correct spelling in Swiss German. see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Standard_German (because the Swiss ppl didn't have the "ß" in the first place.)

So, imo, write "Strasse" and don't worry about the special characters. 😇

Last edited:
Back