Have you ever . . .?

I very often hear things and see things and smell fragrances that I know aren't there.

It's been a while but there was a time when every now and then 'someone' would call my name. I figure so long as it wasn't an owl, I'm okay . . .

Not about thoughts, but feelings...

I remember a song (maybe from Dave Bromberg?) called "Someone Else's Blues" about how the singer has everything going for him, and yet he still has the blues, and he's angry, because he's sure that somebody else out there is in tough straits but is experiencing the happy feelings that the singer himself should be feeling.

I do believe that I sometimes have dreams that are echoes of what somebody out there somewhere is experiencing in waking life. Kind of a telepathy thing.

I remember a song (maybe from Dave Bromberg?) called "Someone Else's Blues" about how the singer has everything going for him, and yet he still has the blues, and he's angry, because he's sure that somebody else out there is in tough straits but is experiencing the happy feelings that the singer himself should be feeling.

I do believe that I sometimes have dreams that are echoes of what somebody out there somewhere is experiencing in waking life. Kind of a telepathy thing.

Don't you just love it when they try to get into your head like that?

I remember a song (maybe from Dave Bromberg?) called "Someone Else's Blues"

It was Dave Bromberg. From Wanted Dead or Alive,, IIRC. I think I gave you a cassette tape of that record, many year ago.

(Note to younger generation: "Tape" was a primitive recording method used back in the Stone Age for copying audio. "Tapes" were recorded and played back on a "tape deck." "Record" was a format for such audio, usually made of vinyl plastic and played on something called a "turntable." All these items could be bought in "stores" that specialized in such things. It's hard to believe, I know, but that's how it was back then.)

When I'm listening to music, I do often 'see' it as a series of geometric shapes and colours. I have no idea where that comes from.

Back