Have you ever found your stories posted on other sites without permission?

greenbriefs

Virgin
I was googling around and found a site that's posting my stories without my permission. Is this something I should get worked up about, or is it just part of online life? Anything to be done about it? Should I not care?

Anyone else find their stories reposted on other sites?

Yes. I've had several of my stories show up on other sites. I had one story successfully removed from Amazon. On that occasion the fake author had stolen twenty author's stories from Lit.

Though it's frustrating, there's not much I can do, but try to get them taken down every time I find one. Mostly it's annoying to know that I've put in the work, and someone else has decided to pirate them to make some easy money.

Yes. Some European site with illegible menus had a story of mine posted (in my word for word English). A few months later another of my stories was there (pretty sure it was the same site) but only the first lit page of it.

Yes. I've had several of my stories show up on other sites. I had one story successfully removed from Amazon. On that occasion the fake author had stolen twenty author's stories from Lit.

Though it's frustrating, there's not much I can do, but try to get them taken down every time I find one. Mostly it's annoying to know that I've put in the work, and someone else has decided to pirate them to make some easy money.
I've never figured out monetization. If someone else monetized my story I'd want to seize ownership and fix the byline and redirect the proceeds, more than I'd want to have it taken down!

Yes. Some European site with illegible menus had a story of mine posted (in my word for word English). A few months later another of my stories was there (pretty sure it was the same site) but only the first lit page of it.
That's quite common. Bots going through and scraping first pages, they also do it with preview pages if you've got something on Amazon. I can't imagine the stupidity of people if ever they're dumb enough to pay for it, though. Still, people demonstrate their stupidity daily, so...

I've never figured out monetization. If someone else monetized my story I'd want to seize ownership and fix the byline and redirect the proceeds, more than I'd want to have it taken down!
I'll even give them a percentage!

Funny thing was, they were too lazy to remove my name from the story, or the fact it was for the Halloween contest. They just put a cover on it, and put it up for sale. I guess he or she was a pretty lazy thief.

Just discovered one of mine on Amazon recently. I’ve tried to do some legwork to get it removed, not sure if it’s gaining any traction…

Just discovered one of mine on Amazon recently. I’ve tried to do some legwork to get it removed, not sure if it’s gaining any traction…
I was lucky that there was 20 of us with our stories stolen by the same fake author on Amazon, so we all went after them.

You could try doing a screenshot of your story on Literotica, to show them the date it was posted. Hopefully it works.

How do you find your stolen stuff on Amazon?
Not sure why, I Googled the name of my story ' The Old House on Drury Lane' and found it on Amazon. A reader had also noticed it had been pirated, and mentioned it in a comment.

When I checked to see what other stories the fake author was selling, I realized they'd all been lifted from here, and I let the other authors know.

You can check and see if the phony author has stolen anyone else's work, because it might help if you informed the other authors, like I did.

I do hope they agree to take yours down. But I'd keep after them, till they do.

Not sure why, I Googled the name of my story ' The Old House on Drury Lane' and found it on Amazon. A reader had also noticed it had been pirated, and mentioned it in a comment.

When I checked to see what other stories the fake author was selling, I realized they'd all been lifted from here, and I let the other authors know.

You can check and see if the phony author has stolen anyone else's work, because it might help if you informed the other authors, like I did.

I do hope they agree to take yours down. But I'd keep after them, till they do.

I found this one site by google a sexy adult phrase (because I was horny) and I started reading this story, then realized it was my own story, lol!

I did take some text from some of their other stories and found a couple on Lit. When I have some more time, I'll have to make a list of my stories I've found on that site, then try some more sleuthing to compile other authors that have been stolen from and contact them.

I might be the odd one out, but if I see one of my stories on another site I find it somehow flattering, at least I wrote something that was considered good enough to be stolen. And in reality, what am I going to do about it even if I don't like it? Call in lawyers? Try and get the administrators of websites based overseas to take the stories in question down? I'm an amateur writer and really wouldn't want family, friends and work colleagues to know that I secretly write erotic fiction and post it to the internet via Literotica.

Yep. I think it was something from here that ended up on a site that if memory serves, had child erotica on it. There was a blog entry from my old blog that ended up on some russian blog site. I think there was another story, but I can't remember. The oddest was pictures of my CVPI on a site that had a page about Crown Victorias for sale, and the pics came from my Instagram.

Not as yet, but I’m confident that a live action version of Coleoidphilia will turn up on Hentaied.com at some point.

Emily

I googled one of my own stories. Found it on two other websites. Typed in your USERNAME there. Found your stories, definitely stolen, posted there since 2022. :( How do I know it's stolen? Because some of my stories on this pirate site has my username repeated twice as the "uploader", and so does yours. As far as I can tell, every story on the entire site is stolen, and they have thousands of stories. Not all of the stolen stories have your username in it either, some seem to be uploaded by the site admin. (Same goes for mine)

Stolen.png

I googled one of my own stories. Found it on two other websites. Typed in your USERNAME there. Found your stories, definitely stolen, posted there since 2022. :( How do I know it's stolen? Because some of my stories on this pirate site has my username repeated twice as the "uploader", and so does yours. As far as I can tell, every story on the entire site is stolen, and they have thousands of stories. Not all of the stolen stories have your username in it either, some seem to be uploaded by the site admin. (Same goes for mine)

View attachment 2310121
Inevitable - just surprising what poor taste some people have.

Emily

View attachment 2310121
found 4 of mine there too. last 4 chapters of my Brady Bunch series

I just googled one of mine out of curiosity and found it on Wuxia Audio World, which I'm not familiar with. I certainly didn't put it there.

I occasionally find them. The types of stories I write aren't often ones picked up to repost. When I find them, I notify my publisher and let him worry about it. I've made whatever profit there would be from them by putting them in the marketplace to begin with--before they can be swiped. Once I've put them on Literotica, though, I have done so so they'll be read. If they are reposted there are just more readers for them.

Back