Habits

BTW, there’s one theme which has never been done before and you have my permission to use it. In a Loving Wives story have the husband come home early to catch his wife in bed with another man. Never been done before. Never. I promise. 🤣😜😂🤪😃😉

Wondering about your habits, authors... if you have an idea for a story, do you check before you write it? Someone might have the idea before you?
One other thing, do you read other stories on L, while you are writing? Or are you focusses entirely on your story?
I do not check if anyone has had the same idea because I know that someone has. But, they haven't done it with my characters, my setting, and my plot. Finding an original idea in erotica is the needle in a haystack.

Yes, I do still read and I'm not shy about reading the same type of story, because sometimes it just makes an idea click in my brain and I'm off and running. Recently I read a story set on a modern train. Two people meet, and sex ensues. At the time I was working on an old west, Sheriff and Miss Kitty idea, and now, it's taking place in a sleeper car on a train in 1868.
Inspiration is where you find it.

On one of my recent stories:

“Is this a repost? I’m sure that I have read almost the exact same story before”

So it does happen. BTW, I had thought up the theme on my own but apparently someone else had published a similar story previously.
A comment about a "repost" isn't what came to mind when I read your reply to the OP.

When I combined all my individually submitted chapters stories into single posts last summer, I did get a couple of comments from readers asking if they were "reposts". I viewed that differently than "haven't I read this somewhere before" comments, but I can see the similarities in readers minds.

A comment about a "repost" isn't what came to mind when I read your reply to the OP.
Here’s another one on the same 750 word story Bill, We Need to Talk - 750 Words which featured a graveside scene:

“This particular scene has been done, pardon the pun, to death.”

I was appreciative of the many positive comments but felt compelled to state in my own comment ( which I am sure the posters will never see ) that the main premise of my story was
my own.

More importantly: how silly do they look during the mandatory lifeboat drill, when everyone has to stand around for 20 minutes with their life jacket on? I mean, yes, opportunities for some hanky-panky, but who'd want to with someone swaddled in a giant orange vest?
If it was Ashley Graham or Kate Upton in the vest, I would definitely want to...😉

Wondering about your habits, authors... if you have an idea for a story, do you check before you write it? Someone might have the idea before you?
One other thing, do you read other stories on L, while you are writing? Or are you focusses entirely on your story?
I used to have a habit, but mother superior defrocked me for bringing shame upon our house.
Now I wander habitless, in a world full of corruption.
Forgive me Abess, I was not myself.

I'm suffering a major withdrawal pain right now. I need my writing fix. I should leave now.

Back