Good resources for self-bondage

traill

Puppy
Hey everyone, so I've been getting slowly more and more interested in doing self-bondage especially predicament and ropework. I've read a lot about safety and figured out several things. However, I'm having trouble to find good clear resources especially about ropework and predicament bondage that one can do on themselves. I often see things that are either inherently very dangerous or just reek of pure fantasy. Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot.

And just to be clear, for safety I have locks with easy access and some icelocks. Safety is a #1 consideration and won't do anything that I feel is remotely dangerous.

I personally haven’t done much predicament on myself, but if you have a hard point to tie to that can easily be achieved. There are many rope self-tie tutorials available online for free with a search on YouTube or just googling.
My best advice is to get comfortable with a few go-to rope basics first (things like single and double column ties, hip and chest harnesses, etc) before even attempting anything predicament. Keep scissors on your person (you can always buy more rope but you can’t buy more you) and don’t feel like you need to do anything elaborate when you’re starting out. With self-tie you need one hand free at all times, so that limits some things, but imagination and want can easily overcome this.

Some of my favourite ties are things like basic futomomos because they eliminate an appendage from use.

Do you have a specific goal or certain predicament you’d like to achieve?

Thanks for the fantastic reply Moochienanu.

I'm really just starting small and thinking of doing harnesses or frog ties and then using an ice-lock to my cuffs or something similar. I'll be starting simple and then building from there instead of trying to jump to something insane like I see a lot on Reddit. I'm not looking to do anything too extreme but mostly just to be able to limit myself and let Goddess see as I know that will please her very much.

Moochienanu, would it be okay to PM you about doing a self-hog tie? Most info online I find seems rather unsafe and avoids discussing releases (and back-up releases). Thank you

I would actually take a different route and recommend you look into magician rope tricks. There are literally hundreds of books written on how to tie yourself in an overly complicated and showy matter, yet successfully escaping your own contraption.

Moochienanu, would it be okay to PM you about doing a self-hog tie? Most info online I find seems rather unsafe and avoids discussing releases (and back-up releases). Thank you

Of course. I might only have some basic thoughts for you, though as I haven’t actually self-hogtied with rope before. I’ve tied my feet to one hand, but never both hands. 🌷

Back