Ghis (closed)

"I can only imagine what might have happened if you had waited longer." Kate said with a grin as he kissed her deeply, making her melt all over again.

"We both might have a few more scars," he chuckled, laying back on the bed with Kate resting against him. "And a few more long nights."

"I promise to you that I will make time each day, no matter what is going on, to simply spend with you." Kate said as they laid back against the bed, relaxing in the aftermath of what they had just done.

"I'll hold you to it. Especially when you turn into a workaholic like your father," Kell smiled to himself.

"It might only be a few moments and you will be happy with that." Kate teased, nuzzling against him again as he smiled.

"I'll make sure I get plenty of time, even if it means you get angry with me. But I know how to get you back on my side." Kell kissed her cheek at that.

"Maybe Edinburgh won't be so bad." Kate said softly as he kissed her cheek. "It'll be a fresh start for the both of us. We can be whatever we want to be."

"So all it takes is a romp in bed to make you see the bright side? I'll keep that in mind." Kell stroked his fingers through her hair.

"Not at all. There's just no use in thinking about what might be. I know I can't stay in Inverness as much as I want to. I know that Edinburgh might be a please of snakes and vipers, but it also has to be our home. We will live there, raise a family there some day, perhaps even die there." Kate said as his hand smoothed through her red curls gently.

"And I look forward to it all with you," he murmured in return. "I know I've said it before, but it's nice to finally have a future to look forward to after all this time."

Kell laid Kate against the sheets, pulling the blanket up over her. "Get some sleep while you still can," he murmured.

"But I have work to do," he half-whined with a little smile, holding himself up on an elbow to look down at her.

"And you have a wife to share your time with as well." Kate challenged as he leaned over her on one elbow, grinning at her as he teased her.

"I could be persuaded to stay," Kell murmured with a half-smirk, reaching down to brush her hair back once more.

"I don't know how much persuading you need me to do." Kate said with a smile as Kell lovingly brushed her red curls back with his fingers. "I should cut my hair off since it's such a distraction for you."

"Why not? It's my hair." Kate teased as he nuzzled against her throat and nipped her gently. "No one but myself has a say in what I do with it."

Kell sighed and nodded. "I know. And you'd look lovely with short hair anyway." He drew her back against his chest then, resigned to staying with her at least for a while.

Kate grinned as her pulled her against his chest and she let out a sigh, her eyes closing as she relaxed against him. She was asleep in moments, safe in his arms and enjoying the moment with her husband while they had the chance.

Kell remained at her side for a nap of his own, but inevitably by the time she woke, he was sitting up in bed studying some coded notes and drinking tea.

Kell sighed and laid the notes on the bedside table, turning on his side to wrap his arms around her. "Good afternoon to you too," he murmured.

"You get on to me for working all the time. I can do the same." Kate groused, snuggling up against his side as he held her tightly.

Back