Gender of MC and ship captain in my story idea

Hi! I don't know if this is the right place for this, but here goes.

I'm thinking about writing a story for the sci-fi audience.
A spaceship / pirate ship thing. Pretty standard sci-fi. Allowing for pirate sex as well as robots, androids, aliens and other science based sexual situations.

Here's where I want your suggestions - what is the gender of the MC?
I know he/she is going to start at the bottom of the ship's hierarchy, as a new crewmember.
I know the captain runs a very sex positive crew, and openly fucks in front of others. Captain regularly orders others to have sex (e.g. MC fucking first officer in from of Captain to get a job on the ship).
The MC learns to adjust to this new way of life over the story.

Is the MC male, giving cock to the universe, or female, taking cock from all over the galaxy? And what about the captain? And the first officer?

Idea 1 - MC female, captain male, first officer female.
Idea 2 - MC female, captain female, first officer male
Idea 3 - MC male, captain female, first officer male
Idea 4 - MC male, captain male, first officer female.
Idea 5 - 2 MCs (one male, one female), female captain, male first officer (rotating between viewpoints of MCs like in some of my previous stories).

(Only straight and lesbian encounters)
(I am a male writer)

Any suggestions?

For me, the nicest option is male MC, female captain and female first officer. MC starts as the shy and inexperience enlist, and while he moves up the hierarchy, he also becomes more confident and sexually skillfull.

As it's science fiction/space opera, you can also play with some not realistic ideas. E.g. MC (or captain, or first officer) belongs to shapeshifting race and has both male and female form; they may either change it at will, or wake every morning with random form.

The only part of your idea I don't like is "Captain regularly orders others to have sex". It's creepy and rapey, and turns Captain into Chief Molester Officer. I'd turn it into "Captain regularly encourages others to have sex". In this case during the interview the captain sees MC is nervous and also eyeing the first officer, so she's like "Will it help you if you fuck my first mate on this desk?"

openly fucks in front of others. Captain regularly orders others to have sex (e.g. MC fucking first officer in from of Captain to get a job on the ship).
The MC learns to adjust to this new way of life over the story.

Is the MC male, giving cock to the universe, or female, taking cock from all over the galaxy? And what about the captain? And the first officer?

Idea 1 - MC female, captain male, first officer female.
Idea 2 - MC female, captain female, first officer male
Idea 3 - MC male, captain female, first officer male
Idea 4 - MC male, captain male, first officer female.
Idea 5 - 2 MCs (one male, one female), female captain, male first officer (rotating between viewpoints of MCs like in some of my previous stories).

(Only straight and lesbian encounters)
(I am a male writer)

My vote goes to option 2, the newbie is a girl, the captain is a dominant female that can be seen as a role model, the first officer provide dick for both.

Captain being female to me soften the rapey aspects of how she manages her crew. It also provides nicely unbalanced triangle and lot of room to play with the new girl's head, in ways many readers would say "no shit" if genders were reversed.

Newbie being a girl of puritanical upbringing provides the most distance to overcome and most contrast with her final form when she's a total slut for every crewmate and, who knows, are eventually tasked with breaking in the next recruit, a guy with similar background. Sure, it becomes embarrassed female story then.

The male officer could provide alternative male viewpoint. Or, if the author isn't fully comfortable with female viewpoint, the whole story could easily be from his, or close by. Watching the newbie could be titillating in slightly rapey ways, or the guy could be this nice, considerate and attentive guy who's "only following wishes/orders of that crazy witch" a bit more enthusiastically than his innate moral core would allow otherwise, takes the new girl under his soldier's wing and watch her acclimate/degrade with lustful sadness, but still loves the slut she becomes no less nevertheless.

how about a futa captain?
Not a fun of futa.
But futuristic sex toys like Magic Cock are other things.

Maybe there's an alien symbiote living in her uterus, so she looks slightly pregnant permanently, and that friend can be encouraged to extend a wriggling appendage with its own mind out her vagina.

Last edited:
alien symbiote living in her uterus, so she looks slightly pregnant permanently, and that friend can be encouraged to extend a wriggling appendage with its own mind out her vagina.

Of course, alternatively, it's the newbie who could be so enhanced.

Also, it could be that guy's literall head -- like the whole sensor package, faceted eyes and antennae including -- on that cock, but maybe that's a bit too creepy.

Maybe there's an alien symbiote living in her uterus, so she looks slightly pregnant permanently, and that friend can be encouraged to extend a wriggling appendage with its own mind out her vagina.
I doubt any woman would be up to sex with something like this.
Except if this kind of symbionte is like luxury thing in that universe.

Also, it could be that guy's literall head -- like the whole sensor package, faceted eyes and antennae including -- on that cock, but maybe that's a bit too creepy.
Too creepy, unless it has also a hat and says bonjour every time it appears.

Last edited:
Newbie being a girl of puritanical upbringing provides the most distance to overcome and most contrast with her final form when she's a total slut for every crewmate and, who knows, are eventually tasked with breaking in the next recruit, a guy with similar background. Sure, it becomes embarrassed female story then.

The male officer could provide alternative male viewpoint. Or, if the author isn't fully comfortable with female viewpoint, the whole story could easily be from his, or close by. Watching the newbie could be titillating in slightly rapey ways, or the guy could be this nice, considerate and attentive guy who's "only following wishes/orders of that crazy witch" a bit more enthusiastically than his innate moral core would allow otherwise, takes the new girl under his soldier's wing and watch her acclimate/degrade with lustful sadness, but still loves the slut she becomes no less nevertheless.
Also, why puritarian girl, embarassing and rapey stuff. Let's make the story fun and cheerful!

You've all got some very interesting ideas!

I'm not sure I would use some of them (I'm sorry, but the alien in the uterus is too far for me, at least to begin with).

I didn't mean it to sound rapey, but I understand that I didn't explain myself clearly.

I know when MC finds the ship, she/he REALLY wants to join the ship's crew. So the captain will be like "I fuck everyone on my ship, because it's my ship. I'm the boss. You OK with that? If not, get off the ship. Your choice. But if you stay, you'll be sharing beds with most, if not all the crew, including me."
MC says yes, but in an unconvincing way, so captain issues a test then and there!

My vote goes to option 2, the newbie is a girl, the captain is a dominant female that can be seen as a role model, the first officer provide dick for both.

Captain being female to me soften the rapey aspects of how she manages her crew. It also provides nicely unbalanced triangle and lot of room to play with the new girl's head, in ways many readers would say "no shit" if genders were reversed.

Puritan world view works really well! Great idea!

You've all got some very interesting ideas!

I'm not sure I would use some of them (I'm sorry, but the alien in the uterus is too far for me, at least to begin with).

I didn't mean it to sound rapey, but I understand that I didn't explain myself clearly.

I know when MC finds the ship, she/he REALLY wants to join the ship's crew. So the captain will be like "I fuck everyone on my ship, because it's my ship. I'm the boss. You OK with that? If not, get off the ship. Your choice. But if you stay, you'll be sharing beds with most, if not all the crew, including me."
MC says yes, but in an unconvincing way, so captain issues a test then and there!
Still rapey.

Sci-fi allows you to invent your world and the details can make all the difference .

Are they rogue pirates or privateers? Is it commonwealth military? Is it a flagship? Is it a corvette? A frigate? Is it a supply runner? A freighter? A prisoner ship? A pleasure cruise? Scavengers? Is the ship modern with a full medical bay?

What is their destination? Are they heading to populate a new planet? Are they sneaking between the lines of two waring factions?

What is ‘normal’ for this society? Is it misogynist? Androgynist? Is it merit based? Do they rely on nuclear families or do they raise children collectively?

I’d go for a crew of women, with men seen as impractical for space travel because of their typically high libido, tendency toward conflict and competition over cooperative relations…. Men could be a rarity as space travelers. Maybe most men were killed off by a bio-weapon that attacks XY chromosomes…

Have fun with your story!

I think they’re all valid, but (without judging) there are subtle and not-so-subtle differences in which your four options would - will - be viewed.

MFF has a different ring to it than MMF and the most powerful individual on the ship being male vs female would inevitably change the dynamics between the characters.

As well, you have only discuss the sex of less than a handful of people. Are they the only ones on board? That too could make a big difference.

I guess the important thing is how you view them - and what you personally enjoy, for that will make a difference.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone!
With your help, I've realised it's not a sci-fi story.
It's a NonCon/Reluctance story, based in space. (Which will be fun for me, as I've never written for that catagory before)

With that realization, I've decided on Female MC, Female Captain, Male First Officer. There will of course also be a crew of others, including male, female, robotic and...complicated.

From what I understand, NonCon is all about power dynamics. It's about putting your power over someone else. Or on the other side, having someone else put their power over you. So I think having the Captain sexually involved (eventually) will be a good fit, even if it is a bit of a cliche at this point.

Back