First time attempting a story with more than two characters. Would love to know how I did.

Hi everyone,

In the past, my stories have always involved just two main characters. This obviously kept things simple since there was little to keep track of and the two characters were always together. For my latest story though, only my third, I attempted something a bit more ambitious where there are 5 characters, switching in and out of being active, some just passive, and one in another country watching all the events through a video chat. I found this to be more of a challenge than I anticipated and had to revise it several times to clarify at various points where people were, what they were doing, who is saying what, etc. I frequently found myself struggling to be descriptive enough of what each character was doing while also keeping the story balanced and not ignoring anyone for too long. Even now, I'm not sure I did it very well and worry that certain characters are just too inactive in the story. Based on the ratings so far being lower than my past stories, it certainly seems like something isn't working as well for people. Any opinions on how I did balancing the characters would be appreciated, or if there are any other issues you see in it that I could work on for next time!

Here is the link: https://www.literotica.com/s/bries-blacked-birthday

I haven’t read the story yet but this sounds like a common writer problem called “character overcrowding”. You may want to further research the issue and look for advice in the How To category. Or read more of the Group Sex category for threesome advice. Good luck.

Back