Feedback please: Paradise part 2 posted

I read Paradise: The Candidate Surrenders and found it well told. I enjoyed the conversational dialogue; it seemed so natural. It did seem a bit rushed in getting to know one another in the car ride, though. The splash about the sex club seemed a bit disjointed, sort of an afterthought. Still, it was a good read.

I read Paradise: The Candidate Surrenders and found it well told. I enjoyed the conversational dialogue; it seemed so natural. It did seem a bit rushed in getting to know one another in the car ride, though. The splash about the sex club seemed a bit disjointed, sort of an afterthought. Still, it was a good read.
Thank you for your critique. I have taken the feedback on that story and tried to make part 2 better. I hope part 3 reads even better. The sex club was troublesome. It came as a suggestion from a beta reader, and I took their suggestion. It added an anchor to the series, but should have been expanded upon.

As far as getting to know each other, I thought that Kelly working with the campaign would explain how they knew each other. I could have done a better job on that as well.

Part 2 us a definite improvement. There's more depth to the characters. Although it still seems a bit rushed occasionally, particularly their love making. Personally, I have no problem with their falling in love so quickly. It happens in my current series as well.

Keep honing your craft, the improvements are obvious.

Thank you for your critique. I have taken the feedback on that story and tried to make part 2 better. I hope part 3 reads even better. The sex club was troublesome. It came as a suggestion from a beta reader, and I took their suggestion. It added an anchor to the series, but should have been expanded upon.

As far as getting to know each other, I thought that Kelly working with the campaign would explain how they knew each other. I could have done a better job on that as well.
As I recall from the first car ride, it seemed the candidate didn't really remember Kelly as a notable member of her staff during that part of the campaign. I could be wrong about that...

I read the second, follow up story, a few minutes ago. It was a good one. I left you 'some food for thought' notes on the mechanics of writing in the comments there. Good job! You are off to a good start!

Back