Feedback for KeithD's Hardesty series

AG31

Literotica Guru
I stumbled on Book 10 of the Hardesty series in the Literotica Authors and Their Books. It's only available on Amazon at this point, but something caught my attention and I read it and really liked it. I wasn't sure why I liked it so much apart from the focus on men in S&M situations. I liked the first in the series too (available on Lit.) The 2nd and 3rd not so much. Anyway, I set myself a project to read the whole series.

I think the overarching appeal is the directness and energy with which Harbu (pen name) writes. As well, of course, as the theme, which appeals to me, personally. The quality is a bit uneven. Some of the stories are too long for their plots. But well worth dipping into.

But I was puzzled about why I liked the sex scenes so much. They were not detailed. They were repetitive. They pushed buttons instead of evoking arousal. Aha!! I thought. They're "strokes!" Believe it or not, after having written 8 erotic stories over the last three years, I had never heard the term until last week, here on Lit. All I knew is that stories that featured sex, alone, were looked down on and called "stroke erotica." Well, the hardesty series is not guilty of dropping character or plot, but the sex scenes are clearly there to push buttons. And they do it well, with great energy, if not a lot of subtlety.

Here's how you can find them.
https://forum.literotica.com/thread...ith-your-readers.1595561/page-2#post-97592683

@KeithD

A question for @KeithD : In either book 8 or 9 (no yet available on Lit.), in the middle of a long sentence, I found this: "(it would be better if this was two sentences)". Is this a tongue in cheek acknowledgement to your readers of one of your authorial propensities? Or was it an overlooked editorial comment? :)

A question for @KeithD : In either book 8 or 9 (no yet available on Lit.), in the middle of a long sentence, I found this: "(it would be better if this was two sentences)". Is this a tongue in cheek acknowledgement to your readers of one of your authorial propensities? Or was it an overlooked editorial comment? :)
This invariably was a comment by my editor (his most-used comment on my Germanic writing) that wasn't fixed in the last cleanup.

This invariably was a comment by my editor (his most-used comment on my Germanic writing) that wasn't fixed in the last cleanup.
Aha! Yes. Germanic it is. Maybe that's where the forceful clarity comes from too.

Back