Peta/Sam Series - Feedback & Updates Thread

STrent

Writer
IMG_0720.jpeg

Morning everyone. Now I’ve got a few stories published, I thought I would start a thread for them.

They form a larger work named Peta/Sam, which is a part biographical fiction about a couple going through three decades of love, breakups, and sexual exploration.

This first post will be updated with a list of the stories available as they are published.

Intended order of reading:

Act 1 – The Dirty Thirties

Chapter 1: Challenge, Annika
Chapter 2: Play it, Sam
Chapter 3: Hans Off
Chapter 4: The Faraway Town
Chapter 5: The Rose Garden
Chapter 6: Marathon, Bar
Chapter 7: Peta the Brave
Chapter 8: London Calling

Act 2 – The Roaring Twenties
Chapter 1: Lots of Trouble, Usually Serious
Chapter 2: University Challenge
Chapter 3: The Slipper and the Prose
Chapter 4: Greece
Chapter 5: Thigh High
Chapter 6: Yellow Belly
Chapter 7: Horsing Around!
Chapter 8: Auld Lang Syne

Act 3 – The Warring Forties
Chapter 1: Beautiful Child
Chapter 2: Murrow Turning Over
Chapter 3: Go Your Own Way
Chapter 4: Family Man
Chapter 5: Wish you were here
Chapter 6: Sentimental Lady
Chapter 7: Think About Me
Chapter 8: Say You Will

Chronological order for reading:

The Roaring Twenties

Greece
Lots of Trouble, Usually Serious
Horsing Around!
Yellow Belly
University Challenge
The Slipper and the Prose
Thigh High
Auld Lang Syne

The Dirty Thirties
Marathon, Bar
Hans Off
The Rose Garden
Play it, Sam
Challenge, Annika
The Faraway Town
London Calling
Peta the Brave

The Warring Forties
Murrow Turning Over
Beautiful Child

Order of Reading by Publication Date (including superseded chapters):

Polaroids
Hans Off
Greece
Bone Dry, Bone Marrow
The Rose Garden
Yellow Belly
Peta the Brave
Lots of Trouble, Usually Serious
Horsing Around!
Play it, Sam
Challenge, Annika
Thigh High
London Calling
The Faraway Town
University Challenge
The Slipper and the Prose
Auld Lang Syne
Marathon, Bar
Beautiful Child
Murrow Turning Over

Any feedback, positive or constructive, entirely welcome and encouraged so I can improve my craft.

Thanks for reading.

Best wishes

STrent

Last edited:
Morning everyone. Now I’ve got a few stories published, I thought I would start a thread for them.

They form a larger work named Peta/Sam, which is a part biographical fiction about a couple going through three decades of love, breakups, and sexual exploration.

This first post will be updated with a list of the stories available and the order they are intended to be read in.

Act 1 – The Dirty Thirties

Chapter 3: Hans Off

Chapter 5: The Rose Garden

Chapter 6: Polaroids

Chapter 7: Peta the Brave

Act 2 – The Roaring Twenties

Chapter 1: Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious

Chapter 4: Greece

Chapter 6: Yellow Belly - April Fools day submission

Act 3 – The Warring Forties

Chapter 1: Bone Dry, Bone Marrow

Read the first published story in the series here: Polaroids

Read the latest published stories in the Peta/Sam series here: The Rose Garden & Yellow Belly

Any feedback, positive or negative, entirely welcome and encouraged so I can improve my craft.

Thanks for reading.
i would say not to ask for negative feedback. just feedback, as long as its constructive. it can be a critique, but never negative. oh, and remember, feedback is just one opinion, unless you spot a trend to work on.

just my opinon. :D

i would say not to ask for negative feedback. just feedback, as long as its constructive. it can be a critique, but never negative. oh, and remember, feedback is just one opinion, unless you spot a trend to work on.

just my opinon. :D
Fair, I’ll change the wording. Thanks for stopping by.

Old habits die hard! I’ve grown up around Americans and Canadians in my life.
it's only a personal 'thing' of mine. it's insidious, via films and television. oh, and radio. erosion of standards! (joke).

hope the writings are well-received. i left a comment on one. :)

it's only a personal 'thing' of mine. it's insidious, via films and television. oh, and radio. erosion of standards! (joke).

hope the writings are well-received. i left a comment on one. :)
Much appreciated! :)

Have a nice…nah never mind :ROFLMAO:

Been very pleased with the views and votes thus far for the new stories. I know this isn’t going to be a world beating story but I am enjoying telling it.

Morning all, unexpectedly a new chapter has gone live this morning. This story has been waiting to be published since early February! It’s one of my personal favourites I have written.

In which Peta gives Sam a bed for the night… Thigh High.

Have a read, see what you think, and leave feedback if you like.

Morning all, just to say I have updated the original post of this thread with three different ways of reading the series.
  • Intended Order of Reading
  • Chronological Order
  • Order of Publication
The current series you can access is in Order of Publication.

Once all of the stories in the series are published, this will be modified to put the stories’ order into the Intended Order of Reading.

Overcritical5 minutes ago
The story is always up to the author. Anything he/she wants to put down is OK. The reader similarly has the privilege's of reading what he wants and can then pass judgement. i choose stories based on the category and the rating given in the listing. This...I hesitate to call it a story was a fragment and neither worth my time to read or comment on it. I only wonder how it got a rating of over 4.0 and thus enticed me to read it. Not only is the writer barely capable, but the commenters here are barely capable of the title. I will certainly stay away from the author, but I don't know how to avoid the incompetents who comment. Maybe if I rate this 1* it will bring the average down and keep it away from other unwary readers.

Well, unwary readers!

My sincere apologies for providing you with a “fragment” of a story (at over 2000 words, which is 1250 words longer than the 750 word story contest).

:ROFLMAO:

Morning all. Pleased to say that I have nearly completed the second act in the stories, which means I am 2/3rds of the way to publishing the full novel.

Once the last two stories in Act Two are complete and published this week, it means you will be able to read the first two acts in an entirely chronological order, which I will update here.

The intention is to finish the entire publication over April, with much of the third act now nearly completely rewritten for publication on Literotica.

At that point, I’ll be calling it a day on writing here, for now, because the aim was to always write the one novel, and see how it was received.

The one thing that is consistent I have noted from the comments back is that the publication dates of the individual stories could have been planned better, something I intend to improve for Act Three.

Peta/Sam has been fun to put together, taking so many different strands of personal experience, some inspiration from here and there, and some imaginative retelling of events.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it post the AI issues, albeit I am still a little sad that the stories are not quite what I had planned when originally writing. Regardless, I’ve been happy to share these with you.

Thanks for reading, and there will be two new stories before the week is out.

Best wishes

STrent

Good morning everyone! I have a new story in Peta/Sam out today, it’s a story very close to my heart, and is the last piece of the puzzle that is Act 2 in the overall storyline. Read it here: Auld Lang Syne

With that, you can now read the stories in chronological or intended order, fully, from Act 1 to the end of Act 2.

Act 3 will be completed over April, I am now on a hiatus for a week or so to recharge the writing batteries.

Thanks for your support, comments and votes over the ast two months whilst I have been publishing the stories, really appreciate it.

If anyone would like to send on more detailed feedback, please feel free to publish here or by PM.

Morning all, have added the cover artwork from the series to the top post. The name quoted is my pen name and user handle.

The cover art is very basic, at some point I will get around to doing a proper one.

Updates incoming over the next month:
  1. There’s going to be some chapter name changes including some edits to chapters to tie everything together better.
  2. There will be a complete reorganisation of the series structure - I had a few PMs asking for it to be made chronological, so that will happen.
  3. The feedback thread will include the intended reading order still.
  4. Act 3 is well on its way to completion and new chapters will be uploaded soon.
  5. Each chapter will have links to the next chapter at the end of the story, and a link to the previous chapter at the start of the story.
  6. The start of each story will include a link to the series main page, plus the feedback thread.
  7. These edits will take a few weeks to filter through.
I am so close to finishing the story, and I have a few surprises yet to reveal. Cannot wait to share it with you all.

I am wondering this evening if I have done something wrong. I have put together a thread, created links for the work, have pretty much gone out of my way to make it accessible and readable, and yet…very little feedback?

Is it just boring writing, maybe? Heard all before? Too vanilla?

I’m looking to finish publishing Peta/Sam by the end of May but it feels like it’s not getting much interest, and maybe it’s just not very good…?

I won’t be offended, please fire away!

I am wondering this evening if I have done something wrong. I have put together a thread, created links for the work, have pretty much gone out of my way to make it accessible and readable, and yet…very little feedback?

Is it just boring writing, maybe? Heard all before? Too vanilla?

I’m looking to finish publishing Peta/Sam by the end of May but it feels like it’s not getting much interest, and maybe it’s just not very good…?

I won’t be offended, please fire away!
In terms of not getting much feedback: That's something that takes time, unless you're posting in one of the bigger categories like incest or Loving Wives.

I also noticed you've only been posting about a month. It takes a while to really build up a following. The longer you post and the more you post, the broader an audience you'll reach.

I'm also not sure a feedback thread like this would get a lot of traction. Posters/viewers of this forum are an extreme minority on literotica so your reach with a thread like this may be limited.

Back