Federal Judge Rules For American's Right To Vote.

There is NO obstacle to proving you are a citizen. In most states it's right there on your drivers license, along with a photo. As a matter of fact I just checked and ALL states along with the territories and DC are now Real ID compliant so not only is there no obstacle, there is NO excuse.
DHS does say that all states are now Real ID compliant, but it doesn't prove citizenship. Real ID is available to non-citizens, such as green card holders, and people residing in the US on non-permanent visas.

You could try passports, but ownership is relatively low, particularly in the south and midwest.

It's also worth remembering that the US has severe penalties for people who vote illegally. Fines of up to $10,000 and up to five years in prison.

DHS does say that all states are now Real ID compliant, but it doesn't prove citizenship. Real ID is available to non-citizens, such as green card holders, and people residing in the US on non-permanent visas.

You could try passports, but ownership is relatively low, particularly in the south and midwest.

It's also worth remembering that the US has severe penalties for people who vote illegally. Fines of up to $10,000 and up to five years in prison.
Oh yes it does. Citizenship licenses are clearly marked, usually with a star.

There is NO obstacle to proving you are a citizen. In most states it's right there on your drivers license, along with a photo. As a matter of fact I just checked and ALL states along with the territories and DC are now Real ID compliant so not only is there no obstacle, there is NO excuse.
Yes, Führer!

The little star makes you a subject, not a citizen
True that there are conspiracy theories about the real id being an “internal passport” that an oppressive authoritarian government can use to restrict people’s freedom of movement and to create distinct classes of citizens.

On the other hand, since the real id is already in place, perhaps another reason to not vote for trump.

Democrats get upset when democracy applies to someone other than themselves.
Republicans are the ones taking away women's rights regarding their own bodies, minorities' rights to vote, and trans rights to exist. Republicans literally tried to illegally overturn a presidential election through fake elector schemes and a violent, failed insurrection, all to try to maintain the rule of a malignant, delusional, low IQ conman and sexual predator.

So which side is against democracy again?

I don't have any problem with requiring citizenship verification, as long as the criteria aren't excessively prohibitive. Contrary to what Ol' Babydoll Hands, his MAGA zombies, and true conservative Republicans believe, Democrats do not want illegal immigrants voting in our elections, either. But we all know that Republican voter ID laws are intended to prevent other minorities from voting, as well.

There is also no real reason to have one. Having a job is a perfectly good excuse by the way.

If Registration is an infringement of the Right to bear arms, why is it a requirement to Register to vote?

Well only if you drive. Last time I checked blind people had a hard time with the practical portion of the licence test....

Back