Another Unqualified Judge Orders Trump Off The Ballot In Illinois

The Texas State Legislature, under the guidance of impeached-but-not-convicted Attorney General Kenneth Paxton, has been waiting for this Supreme Court decision to file their own disqualification legislation for Biden. Sadly the Supreme Court has pre-emptively aborted their embryonic legislation before potential viability.
Can you point to a Republican legislature or Secretary of State that did so?

We all know what would have happened if the Colorado insanity would have been allowed to stand. No Republican would be on a blue state ballot and no Democrat would be on a red state ballot.

The trouble with you and yours on the left is that you lie about everything for political gain. Whatever you accuse our side of doing you are already doing. You worship at the moldering knees of Saul Alinsky.

It wasn't a "proper" challenge. It was leftist bullshit lawfare based on ignorance and designed to interfere with our democratic process. Being anti-Democratic you supported it.
Of course it was proper. That's a statement that is against our legal system. I get that you don't like the challenge, but it's completely democratic and the outcome occurred as it should in the court system.

I support any challenge to the law and I support our legal system's ability to respond to it.

You continue to define the word, histrionic. You continue to invoke tribalistic bullshit with the belief that you're a smart person.

Accusing me of lying is a major reason why God has embiggened Comrade Rightguide's prostate.
Coincidence?
I think not!

Of course it was proper. That's a statement that is against our legal system. I get that you don't like the challenge, but it's completely democratic and the outcome occurred as it should in the court system.

I support any challenge to the law and I support our legal system's ability to respond to it.

You continue to define the word, histrionic. You continue to invoke tribalistic bullshit with the belief that you're a smart person.
The ruling was based on the legal fantasy of an uneducated Secretary of State who is completely ignorant of the nation's history, the Constitution and its jurisprudence. The SCOTUS itself has already ruled in the past that the 14th Amendment Section 3 doesn't apply to elected officials. I supplied the links to that jurisprudence early on in this debate. One of those was written by the sitting Chief Justice of this court. You obviously can't read and neither can she.

Accusing me of lying is a major reason why God has embiggened Comrade Rightguide's prostate.
Coincidence?
I think not!
Democrats always project their intellectual and physical infirmities and bad intentions to their political enemies.

I ask again:

The ruling was based on the legal fantasy of an uneducated Secretary of State who is completely ignorant of the nation's history, the Constitution and its jurisprudence. The SCOTUS itself has already ruled in the past that the 14th Amendment Section 3 doesn't apply to elected officials. I supplied the links to that jurisprudence early on in this debate. One of those was written by the sitting Chief Justice of this court. You obviously can't read and neither can she.
The ruling was based on the judges interpretation of the law. It was a proper ruling. Sorry you don't like that.

Democrats always project their intellectual and physical infirmities and bad intentions to their political enemies.

I ask again:

I already did

It wasn't a "proper" challenge. It was leftist bullshit lawfare based on ignorance and designed to interfere with our democratic process. Being anti-Democratic you supported it.
how do you explain the republicans who backed it?

how do you explain the republicans who backed it?
I'm going out on a limb here, but I suspect RightGlide would be calling Republicans who also supported it to be 'RINOS' and that one word would suffice as he crosses his arms with a huff and nods with more gloating.

Produce the evidence.
Trump's personal financial disclosure forms

Notice he has divulged that he owes “over $50 million” to a company called Chicago Unit Acquisition LLC. The forms note that this entity is fully owned by Trump. In other words, Trump owes a large chunk of money to a company he controls.

The disclosures state that this loan is connected to Trump’s hotel and tower in Chicago, and the forms reveal puzzling details about Chicago Unit Acquisition: It earns no revenue—suggesting that Trump was not paying interest or principal on the loan—and Trump assigns virtually no value to Chicago Unit Acquisition. Something doesn’t add up. Under basic accounting principles, a firm that is owed money and has no outstanding debt should be worth at least as much as it is owed. The loan has another odd feature: It is identified as a “springing” loan, a type of loan made to borrowers who are viewed as credit risks.

The Trump Organization has consistently refused to answer questions about Chicago Unit Acquisition, a limited liability company it formed in Delaware in 2005, as construction began on the Trump International Hotel and Tower in downtown Chicago. But Trump did tell the New York Times in a 2016 interview that this debt represents a loan he repurchased from a group of lenders. “We don’t assess any value to it because we don’t care,” Trump said. “I have the mortgage. That is all there is. Very simple. I am the bank.”

Trump’s Chicago project quickly became a financial debacle—hence the lawsuit. To fend off his biggest creditor, Trump attempted a brazen legal gambit. He sued Deutsche Bank. Trump settled his financial differences with Deutsche by repaying some of the money he owed the bank and refinancing the rest through the bank’s private banking arm, according to records filed with the Cook County Recorder of Deeds. That is, Trump took out a new loan through Deutsche’s private bank to cover his debt to the firm’s commercial lending side.

In March 2012, as Trump resolved his dispute with Deutsche Bank, he finalized a separate deal with Fortress and its partners to clear his debt with them. According to a source with direct knowledge of the deal, Fortress ultimately agreed to accept 50 cents on the dollar—or about $48 million—for the outstanding debt (which by that time amounted to just under $100 million). This was a steep loss for the hedge fund and its partners.

When a lender forgives a portion of a loan, the IRS considers the unpaid portion taxable income. For instance, if a lender accepts $50 million in repayment of a $100 million debt, the borrower, in the eyes of federal tax authorities, has earned $50 million and owes tax on that. If you don’t believe me just check Trump’s personal financial disclosure forms.

Trump's personal financial disclosure forms

Notice he has divulged that he owes “over $50 million” to a company called Chicago Unit Acquisition LLC. The forms note that this entity is fully owned by Trump. In other words, Trump owes a large chunk of money to a company he controls.

The disclosures state that this loan is connected to Trump’s hotel and tower in Chicago, and the forms reveal puzzling details about Chicago Unit Acquisition: It earns no revenue—suggesting that Trump was not paying interest or principal on the loan—and Trump assigns virtually no value to Chicago Unit Acquisition. Something doesn’t add up. Under basic accounting principles, a firm that is owed money and has no outstanding debt should be worth at least as much as it is owed. The loan has another odd feature: It is identified as a “springing” loan, a type of loan made to borrowers who are viewed as credit risks.

The Trump Organization has consistently refused to answer questions about Chicago Unit Acquisition, a limited liability company it formed in Delaware in 2005, as construction began on the Trump International Hotel and Tower in downtown Chicago. But Trump did tell the New York Times in a 2016 interview that this debt represents a loan he repurchased from a group of lenders. “We don’t assess any value to it because we don’t care,” Trump said. “I have the mortgage. That is all there is. Very simple. I am the bank.”

Trump’s Chicago project quickly became a financial debacle—hence the lawsuit. To fend off his biggest creditor, Trump attempted a brazen legal gambit. He sued Deutsche Bank. Trump settled his financial differences with Deutsche by repaying some of the money he owed the bank and refinancing the rest through the bank’s private banking arm, according to records filed with the Cook County Recorder of Deeds. That is, Trump took out a new loan through Deutsche’s private bank to cover his debt to the firm’s commercial lending side.

In March 2012, as Trump resolved his dispute with Deutsche Bank, he finalized a separate deal with Fortress and its partners to clear his debt with them. According to a source with direct knowledge of the deal, Fortress ultimately agreed to accept 50 cents on the dollar—or about $48 million—for the outstanding debt (which by that time amounted to just under $100 million). This was a steep loss for the hedge fund and its partners.

When a lender forgives a portion of a loan, the IRS considers the unpaid portion taxable income. For instance, if a lender accepts $50 million in repayment of a $100 million debt, the borrower, in the eyes of federal tax authorities, has earned $50 million and owes tax on that. If you don’t believe me just check Trump’s personal financial disclosure forms.
Rightguide has problems making change for the bus, he'll never understand this....

Back