Fate Bound (Closed permanent)

Neyriel helped herself to a few things. Namely scrambled eggs which she put on the toast and then folded taking a bite. She was midway through chewing it when Sara questioned her, and she blushed. As John lies, she feels a light misgiving about it, but given the reality was simply her giving them an outrageous story perhaps it might help to agree. Swallowing that bite of eggs and toast down.

"Yes, it was a surprise to both of us, realising the closeness." In a way, she wasn't lying! She did feel a closeness to John, even if Sara and Bradley would assume the closeness was geographical. Unfolding half a sandwich she'd made, she added some barbeque sauce to it and took another bite. A subtle sound of enjoyment out of her. Apparently, the person she'd seen do just how she'd put the sauce on the eggs had not been wrong, it was yummy!

Something occurred to her as she was eating, identification. People used it everywhere and she had.... that mind paused as she felt as if something had been sat on her lap. A glance down, not that anyone but John could see her lap. A small card rested there and as she read it, it faded. It said: ID will be discovered.

ID? Neyriel kept the surprise off her face even as she had another bite from it and ate it slowly, realisation dawned on her then. A fellow watcher sent her that card a single flicker of something divine in nature, that faded. Usually, that sort of thing was against the rules. Maybe she was an exception?

John was enjoying his breakfast, glancing at Neyriel every so often as to not make it known to Bradley and Sara. She seemed to be pretty adept at eating breakfast, even enjoying the taste of food. The way she handled her toast and eggs, it was as if she had done this many times over. Was she really an angel or a really really good actress?

He thought he something white flash on her lap and when he looked down, he saw what appeared to be a white card. It looked like a government issued ID card. He could make out some writing on it but couldn't read it ..... then it was gone. For split second he saw a surprised look and a gentle smirk on her face as if someone gave her an unexpected gift.

Glancing at Bradley; he was so enthralled with his breakfast that he didn't notice. Sara, too, was enjoying her breakfast and John now wondered how in the world did a card appear and then disappear. It was a question that would have to wait.

After breakfast, Bradley told them he just got a text from the towing company and they were picking up his car as they speak. He gave John the keys to his second car, a 2020 Cadillac with instructions to let him know when his car was fixed. Also they were to drive to the police station to pick up his personal belongings. With that Bradley told him he looked forward to seeing his proposal to buy his land. Sara gave them a hug and wished them well and looked forward to seeing them again.

As they drove down the puddle filled stone drive, John couldn't hold back any longer. "What the heck happened at breakfast?" He didn't have to mention the card, they both knew what he was talking about.

As they left and then were in Bradley's Cadillac driving to the town and the Police station. Neyriel heard his question. She knew it had to be about that card that had flashed and appeared in her lap. "I believe it to have come from whoever is watching us now. It was a note telling me that identification for me will have been discovered. The only reason I wouldn't have been told by the Sheriff is no phone number." She knew phone numbers were needed. Not that she had one, yet.

"I'm thinking it means when we collect your things. There's going to be something for me. Their way from above of ensuring, I won't completely have a hard time fitting in. ID, and whatever else. It'll all be in whatever name they discovered in my pattern from above. In my book. It's not going to be much, heaven doesn't work that way. But it will be something." She had no idea if it would include a bank account or not. Pulling the information from one of the people she'd been watching who'd had a lot of money issues. Now all those moments were slowly making much more sense to the Angel, who while she'd seen many a circumstance, not all of it had the correct impact on her.

Looking to John as he kept driving. "I honestly don't expect you to believe me. No matter what I've said, what you've seen. I know far too well that there's plenty of souls out there, people." She corrected. "Plenty of people who for whatever reason believe themselves to be what I'd told you. Just as I know each one of those people has been determined to have some mental condition. I won't think less of you, John, if that is what you come to firmly believe. That I'm insane, that I've lost it. That I perhaps, never had sanity."

Neyriel came to frown a little then even as she said it all to him. "If that's how it all happens. That's how it happens. You can choose to once we stop, to let me out, continue on with your life and live it how you choose. The ability to have a choice is a wonderful thing to have John." She sounded a little emotional there as she added. "If that's the choice you make, I will collect whatever's there for me, and go my own way. Find my own path and live."

Did all her words, make him wonder just a little, how far an Angel could fall from grace if she was left to her own devices to survive? Just what might happen to her? Who might come upon her, and suddenly believe her? Who else might come upon her and decide she was exploitable? Exactly what might she do, trying to survive? Would he one day, if he walked away once he stopped the car, find a picture of her missing, presumed dead pinned to some pole or bulletin board?

John listened to Neyriel explain what she believed happened at breakfast. She again, as in the past, talked about someone watching from above. A watcher watching a watcher. What really was going on and if she was an angel .... why him?

She seemed so positive that part of the answer would happen at the police station. He was a bit skeptical ..... what could they have that they thought belonged to her? She mentioned her book and then he frowned when she mentioned she didn't expect him to believe her or anything she was saying about being an angel.

She was right about thinking she was a bit of a mental case. But every time he thought about it ..... her standing in the road .... the soft glow and halo around her ...... the healing powers ...... the wonderful sex .... and the warm glow around her this morning when she dressed .... and the note in her lap that disappeared into thin air.

He started to interrupt her after she mentioned mental health and some people think they are angels. He wanted to tell her his point of view when she added she wouldn't think less of him for thinking she was insane and if he wanted to go his own way once they picked up things at the police station, she was fine with that decision.

John could hear the emotion in her voice. He was pretty sure she didn't want to go her own way. Why else did she enter his life the way she did ...... walking in the pouring rain and helping him from going over the steep embankment in his car.

Reaching over, he touched the back of her hand and then held it gently. "Neyriel .... I admit I had some doubts and I still wonder why you were walking on the road in the pouring rain. It's natural for people to doubt what other people tell them and you'll find out as you go forward. But there is something very special about you that makes me happy and I for one don't want you wandering off on your own."

He squeezes her hand. You have shown me some things that can only be termed as unexplainable to the human nature in me. If you are being watched by a watcher such as what you said you were ..... then you have seen many things ..... some good and some bad .... and you know humans don't always make the right decisions. I want you to come home with me and we can try to figure out what the next move should be."

He pulled into the police station parking area. "Let's get my stuff and then we can discuss this further." Entering the police station, he smiled at the officer behind the desk telling him Dr. Bradley James told him they got his valuables from the car last night.

"Do you have any identification sir?"

"Yes I do officer." Pulling out his wallet and producing a driver's license.

"Very good sir. Give me a moment to gather your personal belongings." John looked at Neyriel who seemed to be studying pictures of the most wanted criminals along with pictures of missing persons. The officer handed John a large plastic bag containing his cell phone and other papers from the car, including his brief case.

John thanked the officer and started to turn when he stopped him. But he wasn't talking to John, he was addressing Neyriel.

"Ma'am .... I'm sure this belongs to you. The officer was holding a Gold Inlay Purse saying they found it in the backseat and it must have fallen back there as the vehicle plunged down the embankment."

John was stunned, seeing Neyriel smile and he knew he was now a believer. She really was an angel. There was no purse in his car because he cleaned it out just before he left to visit Bradley about the land deal. The only way it could have gotten there was if someone, a watcher, put it there for Neyriel to find it.

Neyriel was studying those images, mostly because she knew other watchers who handled those sorts of things. Watching the worst of humanity, and watching over the lost. In all her long years, she'd only ever had other cases handed to her. Other people. From birth seemed to experience a rather normal life.

Some at times were involved in remarkable events. The invention of something that changed the world for the better. But for the most part, her time was spent marking their personal relationships. As she stood there part of her wondered if it was all in preparation for this moment here. Now. Her with John.

Had that been why she received those particular cases? So she was aware of what the good life was like? So she had some understanding even if as an outsider of what Humans did in all those everyday moments of their lives?

As she heard the Officer speak to her, she turned smiling. "Thank you, Officer, I was certain it was all going to be gone forever and lost, that I'd need to get it all replaced." He could see she matched the photo on the ID, and as such for the first time in his life, he felt simply good about returning such a beautiful woman her things.

"Here Miss Taylor, it was a pleasure." He nodded with a smile. Clearly, somehow, returning that one thing had brightened his day. Even though moments before he'd returned to John everything that had been salvaged from his car.

Neyriel took it from him and slipped it over her shoulder the bag hung about to the level as she put her elbow against it. "Need a hand, John?" Given he had a box of things there in his arms. "I'll get the door." A smile to the officer then, "Thank you again, Officer." She got a brighter smile and nod from him, John got his own nod.

Neyriel went back the way they'd come, opening doors for him as needed. As they arrived at the Cadillac she pauses to open the back door and moved so John could put the box in there. As she stood there, a little smile played against her lips. "I am curious what's in there, but I think I'll wait till we're at your condo, right?"

John didn't say a word. Maybe too stunned when he found out a purse was found in his car and Neyriel had a knowing smile on her face. Miss Taylor? Her name rolled around in his head unable to comprehend what he was hearing and seeing. But he was now convinced Neyriel was not some nut case. Her smile seemed to convey a certain confidence as if she knew whoever was looking after her would take care of the little things to make her more human.

Walking out of the building, John could feel her confidence when she offered him a hand and then held the door open for him, hearing her cheerful thanks to the officer. At the Cadillac, John saw her cute smile as if she knew something he didn't when she said she curious what was in the bag but thought she would wait until they got to his condo.

He thought of opening the bag now to see what was inside. She evidently didn't know either and the look on her face made him smile. She had received a gift from someone, probably a watcher and wanted to wait. That was ok with him. "Yeah .... let's wait until we get to my condo and you can open it."

Slipping behind the wheel, he turned to Neyriel and saw she was still had what appeared to be a smug smile. "Yeah .... we'll wait until we get to the condo Ms. Taylor. (hesitating) And see what surprises are in the bag. By the way what is your first name Ms. Taylor? It should be on the ID card. John started the car and pulled into traffic wondering if her first name would be Neyriel or some other name that she would use in her new life.

Last edited:
The drive from the police station to John's condo went by easily. Neyriel somewhat nervously chatting about things she'd try and do for him. Like learning to cook, she thought she understood how cleaning worked. She'd seen someone vacuuming a lot, even if they seemed to dance with it. That dusting needed cloth and distilled water for some things, and others needed a feather duster. He might easily realise she was just pulling up things she'd seen other women do for whatever partner they'd lived with.

Some of her other comments might make him shake his head. Such as her saying she'd be quiet and dutiful if he brought friends over to watch the game. She'd serve beers, and snack foods, and clean up as breaks for ads allowed.

Oh and that if he wanted it she'd wear a little apron when in the house because that's what women did. Now was all her information from this time? 2023. Clearly not. Women had evolved a lot in their 'home duties' and some of her knowledge was predated easily back into the 50s or 30s or further back.

John could tell Neyriel was nervous and excited all at the same time on the ride to his condo. He didn't say a word as she chatted continously about what she would do for him. It was clear she had no real world experience, saying she would learn to cook, clean house, keep quiet (which made him chuckle), serve beers and snack foods and clean up after him and his friends.

When she mentioned wearing a little apron, John laughed and grabbed her hand, lightly squeezing it. "It's clear to me you have only watched what other women do and not actually did those things. Women today don't wear little aprons to do house work." After a brief moment he added, "well some women like to dress up for sexual fantasies, like wearing aprons or other costumes to turn men on and make sex a lot more exciting." He squeezed her hand and smiled. "We'll take one day at a time."

Turning into the drive with a single garage he announced they arrived at his condo building parking the car in the garage, he took her up a some steps into the living area showing her around the small area and then took her to the bedroom . "I'm not sure what you were expecting but this is where I live. It's not much but it works for me as a single man."

They walked back to the living area and John offered. "Can I get you something to eat and drink?"

Neyriel looks around once they were inside and smiles. "Its wonderful so open and full of light." She moved to the windows looking out it. As she moves that silhouette of her body through the dress all to visible to his eyes. That perfection hidden but at the same time displayed far too perfectly in that dress.

She stood there a short while clearly living the feel of the sun through the glass. Finally she turns moving to his table. A nervous nibble at her lower lip, then a open and tip of the bags contents.

A ladies purse of white spilled out onto the table. A single key. It didn't look like a house key though. Perhaps a deposit box key? A few folded pieces of paper.

Lifting the first she opened it. A birth certificate. Neyriel Taylor. It stated she was 26. It listed her parents as, Tom Taylor and Kate Taylor nee Banks.

The next documents were death certificates for those same parents listing they died when she was 18. Car crash.

Tucked between them a passport and documentation of social security numbers, tax file numbers, and a bank account.

A white card fluttered into existence on the table and she blinked moving to peer at it. "We think twenty thousand as the left over estate pay out works. Does he?" The card remained long enough for John to read it then it winked away. Neyriel looked to John.

John smiles watching Neyriel survey his condo and glad she likes it. Standing in front of the window, there is no way he or any red blooded male could resist staring at her sensual form. A wonderful feeling that she came into his life filled him.

Watching her pick up the purse, he made a mental note to take her shopping for new clothes. As far as he knew she only had the white dress and there is no way she can go forward as a human without new clothes. Besides what woman has only one dress? If just goes against their nature.

Standing to the side he watches her pour the contents onto the table. A smile when he sees her birth certificate knowing she has been given a name, Neyriel Taylor. It faded when she opened the death certificate of her parents who died in a car crash.

What was the significance of the key and did it have anything to do with the bank account. And what was the significance of the white card that had the message, "We think twenty thousand as the left over estate pay out works. Does he?"

When Neyriel turned to John he was just as perplexed,. Since she just arrived he figured she also had no clue who the Taylor’s were and how they lived. “I don’t know what it all means but I think it ties in with the car accident and the Taylor’s death. I think we Google the accident and try to find more about them …. What they did, how they lived, and what was the cause of the accident. Then I think we can start to unravel the message.”

Hesitating and staring at the white dress … “before we go to the bank we need to take you shopping for some new clothes. What do you think?”

Carefully she packs it all into the gold leather bag again, the key this time going into the purse. Which let her see her ID, bank card, and social security noted details. There was also $100 in it. Closing it again, she looks at John. "I believe they hoped you'd be able to answer if it's a secure start." Motioning to the documents. "Do you really want to see if there's an accident?" That was his first thought. Seeing if it was all real and something he could poke holes in?

John didn't have a clue about what to do next, thinking about her comment that "they" hoped he would be able to answer the mystery. "It wouldn't hurt to look into their backgrounds and investigate the accident. If Tom or Kate Taylor were into something illegal, it's possible they were killed and it wasn't an accident."

Then he added after a short pause, "As a watcher wouldn't you know the answer? Can a watcher interact with a human just like they did with you ..... giving you all this information. Why can't they answer this riddle?"

"I know the answers about the people I watched. Not about every single human who has one." Neyriel gave him a somewhat confused look. "I was one. I don't believe I'm one any longer. I'm not your usual human."

Finally, she sighs. "If you are allowed, answer his questions?" However, it seems there was no forthcoming card there on the table. "I'm not sure why you think they'd link me to people who'd done illegal things. What if they don't actually exist? What if they're just made-up names for them to make my things here believable?" As she waved a hand in frustration at the bag there.

John was confused. He had never interacted with an angel in the the past. It was clear to him she thought he had the the answer to the question on the card …. Was twenty thousand enough to make a start?

Looking at Neyriel …. “Yes it is good for a start but it won’t last forever.”

There's a turn and look to John then. "That's all they needed to know. I.." She pauses, exhales. "I didn't want you to feel I'm a burden. Given. While I have some knowledge, not all of it seems to apply." Worry was easily seen on her face. "This would be a lot for anyone. You didn't need to bring me with you." A step closer, then another. As her hand lifts up to his face touching there gently. "...But do you regret it?"

Cupping her hand, he lays soft kisses on her fingers, their eyes making contact. He sees a freshness on her face, a sense of innocence, something he has not seen on a woman’s face in a long time.

“Please understand I’m new to the angel thing (chuckling as he kisses the back of her hand) I don’t regret bringing you here in fact I’m thrilled you’re here. There is much we can learn from each other. Do you agree?”

Another step in as she seeks to rest her curvy frame against his own, the soft lushness of breasts rest and squish against his chest, as one arm seeks to wrap about his waist. The other was still up against his cheek. "...all of it's new to me... I'm pretty sure, I'll learn more from you... then you might from me..." A soft little laugh out of her. Even as she seeks to nuzzle her lips to his other cheek.

Her lips lifted before they gently brush over his own lips. A soft little sweet sound from her, and a slow press more firm in against him.

It was true .... they could learn from each other. Feeling her body molding against his, her breasts pressing against chest, he put his hands on her hips, drawing her tighter against him.

His lips welcomed hers as they grazed lightly over his. Their tongues met, lightly swiping against the other as the kiss began to deepen. His hands moved from her hips to capture her butt cheeks, squeezing them, feeling their softness, drawing her hips against his.

He broke the kiss, smiling, do you like your new home?

Neyriel had been into the moment of their kisses, and his touching of her. Took a moment to take in what he said. "..home?" A blink. A look about slow, then back to him. "I'm staying here with you? Really?" She sounded like she'd just been told she could raid the candy store. A giggle and a number of kisses pressed to his lips then. Each perhaps a little longer.

He smiled wide seeing the excitement on Neyriel's face. Her kisses were numerous, short at first and then longer and deeper. His hands gripping her ass cheeks harder, pulling her into him while her arms around his neck held him harder.

The kisses broke for a few moments, their eyes staring at each other and then a bright smile on his face. “Yes I want you to stay here." He was ecstatic. "How do you think we should celebrate?" Kissing her more passionately, his hand sliding up her back pulling her breasts harder agasint his chest.

Neyriel smiled as that kiss broke, her eyes looking soulfully into his, as he told her he wanted her there, with him. It brightened something inside her to know he did. A slide of her hands to more securely rub his back as she listened to his question, about to answer. His more passionate kiss found her lips of velvet softness parted. The way he pulled her firmer to him, had her tongue seeking to slide into his mouth and dance with his own.

Their tongues sparing ..... igniting a growing desire in them. His hands sliding over her back, pulling her agaisnt him as if she never wanted to let her go. The kiss breaking .... each breathing harder .... staring into each other's eyes.

John smiles and easily picks her up and the kiss resumes as he walks to the bedroom. Putting her down next to the bed and then slowly removing her white dress ..... unhooking her bra to release the twin mounds that were so perfect and then kneeling before her ...... fingers gripping the lace panties and pulling until they fall to the floor and then just looking up and the most beautiful specimen of a woman he ever laid eyes on.

Neyriel kept kissing with him, that affection which was budding felt. With desire rising as he stoked it higher, each moment of him pulling her to him, the way he stared into her eyes, and she felt herself -seen- as if she was the one he desired more than any other.

Picked up, arms went up about his neck, legs about his waist. As he made a motion to show he wanted her on her own feet. She lowered them. Watching -him- and his expression as he removed the dress, and those eyes ran over her revealed breasts, the perfect amount of fullness and perk to them. As he knelt, her chin dropped eyes watching him. A step out of those panties and standing nude before him. She felt desired and needed. She now also understood why all those women or men, had given such a look back to the person they were with. Now, it made sense to her.

A lift of her hands and a run of them through his hair, she didn't know what he might do, but she was clearly willing to let him choose what he might just do with her.

John was mesmerized by the sight of her nakedness. Every curve was as if the sculptor molded her into the most beautiful creature. Fingers in his hair, not pulling, just sliding as their eyes met. His hands sliding up and down her perfectly formed thighs ..... seeing them spread slighty .... giving him a view of her womanhood.

Moisture had gathered on the lips of the soft mound. He couldn't resist ..... kissing up one thigh, he took his time enjoying the taste of her skin on his tongue. About half way upward, he switched legs, feeling her fingers tightening in his hair.

Another slight movement of her thighs spreading ..... lips moving upward until they are close to her sex .... smelling the sweetness of her sex ..... and then flicking his tongue at the outer lips as if asking for permission to enter.

Neyriel found herself parting her thighs and feeling his tongue licking through those lower lips. Carefully she sat, laying back, lifting one leg till the heel caught the bed edge and the other spread. It left her pussy right there for John to tease, lick or more. That delicate yet wet slit.

Back