Fake Review Bombing Has Consequences? Huh .. Who Knew?

Please understand I'm not slamming you, but they don't owe explanations. Yes, what you suggest is more helpful. However, it isn't their job to either stroke or ego or help us improve our writing

I missed this part. I will also add that I have said this exact thing before and been absolutely raked over the coals by a number of people for saying it, told what a horrible horrible person I am for saying it.

The ratings don't tell you anything about the quality of your work. Only the popularity of it, and 100 people have 100 different reasons for liking something and 99 1/2 of them have nothing to do with quality.
If it's only a popularity contest, why do readers give scores across the whole range?

Wouldn't they skew either 1 and 5, and nothing in the middle?

If it's only a popularity contest, why do readers give scores across the whole range?

Wouldn't they skew either 1 and 5, and nothing in the middle?

Why do you think that someone could not vote a 2 a 3 or a 4 for reasons other than quality?

Like I said, readers vote for a ba-jillion different reasons and criteria of which we really do not know, but one thing that I do know, I've read plenty of 4.7s that were of horrible quality on multiple facets and some 2.9s that were brilliant. I've also read some 3.0s that sucked and some 4.7s that were very good, so the one conclusion that we can draw is that quality is not a measurable factor in scores (except a little bit in N/N).

Can we not turn this thread about an author losing their publishing contract due to fake reviews into yet another of the multitude of redundant threads about the silly trivialities of Lit story ratings?

Can we not turn this thread about an author losing their publishing contract due to fake reviews into yet another of the multitude of redundant threads about the silly trivialities of Lit story ratings?
1 star. Negative content, you meanie. :)

You're not, they just don't like you being right!
I missed this part. I will also add that I have said this exact thing before and been absolutely raked over the coals by a number of people for saying it, told what a horrible horrible person I am for saying it.

Back