Electric cars.

Much lower speed limits may become standard as fuel prices climb. When all automobiles are slower, they can be much lighter and simpler with less concern for crashing. I might like a minitruck, but maybe with bigger tires. Road maintenance costs energy, so roads will get rougher. Sitting over the front axle would be an asskicking.
Been there, tried that, Sam wrote a song about it

And

55 went away

You really should go back and rethink your entire post.........

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/transcripts/19731100roadandtrack.htm

Let me help. I'm an uncle, I have a country place........no one knows about. You know it used to be a farm. Before the motor law.

On Sundays they elude the eyes and hop the turbine freight......to far outside the wire where their white haired uncle waits...

My dearest Mad Max: if all you have is that piddling little shot gun you had bettered stay home!

Been there, tried that, Sam wrote a song about it

And

55 went away
Speed is an addiction. We will eventually kick it, with all the usual addicts' antics. No amount of screaming and denial will put more oil in the ground.

Yeah, I was told in 1973 that all of the oil would be gone by the year 2000

Ahahahahahaha

Guess what. Oil isn't going away, cars aren't going away and the ICE isn't going away

You poor little simp.

Too bad you don’t have the integrity to objectively answer legal questions. You could actually be a worthwhile resource of information during these litigious times.

Nope. You’re angry, willfully ignorant, and useless. 😢

Lol, just look at who's really the angry one in this thread.

Hint: It ain't me.

Coal + natgas = 59%. And nuclear plants require external electricity sources for cooling, which renewables can't reliably provide 24/7. So EVs are still mostly external combustion vehicles. The coal/natgas mix will rapidly change since natgas is preferred as a cleaner fuel, so it's depleted faster.

Lol, just look at who's really the angry one in this thread.

Hint: It ain't me.

Is that your honor’s version of “I know you are but what am I?” 🤣

I’m not mad. You’re the sad clown comic relief.

Last edited:
Coal + natgas = 59%. And nuclear plants require external electricity sources for cooling, which renewables can't reliably provide 24/7. So EVs are still mostly external combustion vehicles. The coal/natgas mix will rapidly change since natgas is preferred as a cleaner fuel, so it's depleted faster.

Umm, it doesn’t matter what source the cooling power for a nuke plant comes from, as long as it keeps them cool.

The renewables industry has only been making a serious push for the last three decades, and the vast majority has only come online over the last ten years.

Are you among those who say the future is in the past? 😅

Floating power systems seem foolish to me. What could go wrong? :rolleyes:

I feel the same about the small scale “safe” floating nuke plants. The idea is that since they are on the water they will always have cooling available, but what happens if something washes them ashore?

Yeah, no. Nothing is 100% safe. Not airplanes, not ships, certainly not any nuke plant.

Still, I doubt that floating solar array caused any damage to marine life. The only significant loss was for the investors who thought it was a clever way to avoid real estate expense.

Across the EU, electricity generation by oil, gas and coal combined is 38.6%, less than the 39.8% that the US produces from gas alone.

The 19.5% the US gets from coal is about the same as the EU produces from nuclear. Maybe people should ask their politicians why renewables lag so far behind the rest of the world and to stop worrying about Hunter's laptop. (That isn't going to happen, because 'owning the libs' is the most important thing in the world).

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/infographics/how-is-eu-electricity-produced-and-sold/

Is that your honor’s version of “I know you are but what am I?” 🤣

I’m not mad. You’re the sad clown comic relief.

It's not me who is spewing crap all over this thread because his panties are wadded up someplace uncomfortable. Perhaps if you attired yourself in appropriate undergarments they wouldn't chafe you into such an abysmal mental state all the time.

It's not me who is spewing crap all over this thread because his panties are wadded up someplace uncomfortable. Perhaps if you attired yourself in appropriate undergarments they wouldn't chafe you into such an abysmal mental state all the time.

Hey dumb fuck.

Answer straight: can you get electrocuted by touching 56 Vdc with a bare hand? (You choose the amp potential)

Your credibility is on the line. 🤣

https://apnews.com/article/china-byd-auto-seagull-auto-ev-cae20c92432b74e95c234d93ec1df400

From the article:

The car, launched last year by Chinese automaker BYD, sells for around $12,000 in China, but drives well and is put together with craftsmanship that rivals U.S.-made electric vehicles that cost three times as much. A shorter-range version costs under $10,000.

Tariffs on imported Chinese vehicles probably will keep the Seagull away from America’s shores for now, and it likely would sell for more than 12 grand if imported.

“Any car company that’s not paying attention to them as a competitor is going to be lost when they hit their market,” said Sam Fiorani, a vice president at AutoForecast Solutions near Philadelphia. “BYD’s entry into the U.S. market isn’t an if. It’s a when.”

^With slave labor. But we don't need to worry about imported EVs. The same energy crunch that wipes out the EV market will also reduce global shipping.

^With slave labor. But we don't need to worry about imported EVs. The same energy crunch that wipes out the EV market will also reduce global shipping.

How does an unregulated free market promote the general welfare?

When “states rights” are extended to countries with different rules, unregulated capitalism has a variety of consequences.

Without tariffs to protect workers in affluent countries, workers are in direct global competition, i.e. “slave wages” vs. free market wages. Wealthy countries have great incentives to decrease labor costs. Simple economics means robots are replacing expensive workers.

Fewer jobs in affluent countries means less disposable income to support a consumer economy.

I’m not offering a solution, just pointing out some macro economic issues. I’m interested in anyone’s thoughts.

Hey dumb fuck.

Answer straight: can you get electrocuted by touching 56 Vdc with a bare hand? (You choose the amp potential)

Your credibility is on the line. 🤣

No it isn't because I'm not the "expert" who is advocating that people touch live power leads. It's almost like you don't care what you're saying and have decided to just say whatever dumb shit pops into your lil' crossdressing noggin' in order to try and prove you're a man.

You really need to shut the fuck up on this before you hurt yourself again.

And they're sitting in European ports unsold because they spontaneously combust.

Once again you prove you can’t absorb new information.

Give me one example of an LFP (Lithium Ferrous Phosphate) battery combusting?

This is the new lithium battery chemistry that even Tesla is moving to.

You’re stuck on old news of Lithium Cobalt technology.

Get you head out of your ass and learn something, your honor.

No it isn't because I'm not the "expert" who is advocating that people touch live power leads. It's almost like you don't care what you're saying and have decided to just say whatever dumb shit pops into your lil' crossdressing noggin' in order to try and prove you're a man.

You really need to shut the fuck up on this before you hurt yourself again.

🤣

I proved my point that 56vdc is safe to the touch. ✅

You proved my point - again, that you’re an obdurate jackass. ✅

Once again you prove you can’t absorb new information.

Give me one example of an LFP (Lithium Ferrous Phosphate) battery combusting?

This is the new lithium battery chemistry that even Tesla is moving to.

You’re stuck on old news of Lithium Cobalt technology.

Get you head out of your ass and learn something, your honor.

So sez our resident "expert" on all thing electricity. Except...

https://www.newsflare.com/video/634...ously-combusts-and-burns-out-on-road-in-china

Somehow I don't think it's me who isn't up on battery development. Either that or your conflict of interest is showing.

🤣

I proved my point that 56vdc is safe to the touch. ✅

You proved my point - again, that you’re an obdurate jackass. ✅

Lol, if you say so little green checkmark man. I'll still keep my digits out of the power circuitry. Just in case you're wrong and everyone else in the industry who issues warnings against doing what you advocate is right.

Toyota. From 2009 to May 2023 Mr Toyoda the grandson of the founder was the CEO. Basically he was a failure with next to no new ideas and championing Hydrogen power ahead of EV's which he claimed had no future. Sato his replacement as CEO said very little but last week turned Toyota upside down. Toyota had been using the same out dated battery technology for their plug in hybrids since 2006.

Sato has announced that all that will be scrapped and that Toyota has signed a deal with BYD that in future, BYD Platform design, BYD Blade batteries, and BYD electric motors will be used, initially in three models. In the same press releases It was stated that the vehicles would be badged as Toyotas and that Toyota would provide additional 'polish'- whatever that means. Assembly location is unclear at this stage.

Toyota had lost more than 80% of its share of the Chinese and SE Asian market.Given that both Japanese and Chinese like smaller cars this seems like a good fit for both but the Japanese will have had to swallow a lot of pride.

An arrangement similar to this might work in the US market but not until after November. What do you think?

Back