Educator Roll Call

I think that it is a vital part of teaching. Building relationships with your students. The problem is that is can get out of hand...so I think it is a very gray area. Flirting to me is playful chatting and relationship building. Sure I make jokes about "You'll need my balls for that." when I am referring to my atomic model balls. Knowing the teenage mind is constantly thinking about sex, is a an critical element to making the content relevant to their lives. If you come across as some stuff fuddy duddy, why would they want to learn from you?

The strange thing is I am almost immune to the advances of my female students, call it ADD, but I am totally oblivious to their advances. It is not until after they have graduated that I realzied that they had the hots for me.

I share your sense that there are ways of connecting with students that include flirting that heightens the learning environment for all. Until very recently I was also quite oblivious to some of the more serious flirtations from my female students, probably for the better! As I age however, I find myself more allured by their flirtations - no doubt more as a reaction to middle ageing insecurity than a particular desire to hook up with any of them.

Would be curious of what any female teachers think, if they feel flirting enhances learning?

6th grade middle school teacher. I teach both Language Arts and Math. I would prefer just to teach Math.

Hello everyone

Math prof here.... Greatest job in the world. Summer starts in a few weeks and it's a great day today... Hope all is well...

Starting my first teaching job when I join a college as part of the faculty in just a few weeks. Though I don't start teaching till August when the new semester starts.

Getting so much closer...if we can only get the kids to focus so we can slack off :)

10th and 12th grade theology teacher. (sacraments and morals) kind of funny that I'm here ain't it? (come on english teachers-- you know you can't resist)

10th and 12th grade theology teacher. (sacraments and morals) kind of funny that I'm here ain't it? (come on english teachers-- you know you can't resist)

Hilarious :D Gotta love the mix of people on lit!

Am I allowed in? I'm not qualified yet but I've just started doing some casual lecturing to go along with my own training...

It's more fun than I ever expected. :D

Maybe I'm still in a honeymoon period.

And yes, I do teach sex ed to catholic school girls. And it isn't at all as erotic as you might think.

Anyone that teaches K-12 needs a medal of honor. You people are amazing. I just don't have the patience for that.

My real (full-time) job has me in a school 1 week/year. That is way stressful. lol.

I teach at a Tech School part time. I like college kids. I teach, they choose to be there and learn or they choose not to. Easy time :D

Anyone that teaches K-12 needs a medal of honor. You people are amazing. I just don't have the patience for that.

My real (full-time) job has me in a school 1 week/year. That is way stressful. lol.

I teach at a Tech School part time. I like college kids. I teach, they choose to be there and learn or they choose not to. Easy time :D

Thanks! Wife and I are both educators

Back