Educator Roll Call

Middle School and Elementary School teachers here. Been doing this for over 20 years and each day it's an adventure. It gets harder, more and more is added to our plates and nothing is being taken off. Parents since Covid cannot control their children and are expecting us to, but when we call them it's our fault. Hate to be doom and gloom because it's not all that way.

Totally appreciate the wonderful kids who cannot get enough information that we have to share with them. The looks on their faces when the lightbulbs go on. Hearing former students come back and share something they remember that you taught them or thank you. These are what keeps me going back (obviously the miniscule paycheck helps).

However, the insane part that we have learned in all of our years is how sexually devious teachers are in their personal lives. How willing they are to try new things and experiment with co-workers and colleagues. Knowing that we all talk about what we'd do to those hot parents who come in for conference day and aren't ashamed to flirt with them. Even the most vanilla looking of teachers are freaks!!!

How have I never seen this thread. Y’all: be careful. Don’t access this site at work. Don’t tell anybody enough information to find you. You’re putting your jobs in danger. Every single one of you has a contract that makes being here a fireable offense.

This. But, even if you are teaching without a contract or with a contract that doesn’t have a morality clause, parents will still come for you 100%. Look at fucking Florida right now. And I don’t think we are talking about just getting fired, this one could potentially be national news.

Exactly. It’s absolutely insane to admit to being an educator here, with or without a contract, regardless of the ages of the students.
There may be a false sense of security here, because one feels more comfortable in a crowd of others who are openly talking about sexual topics. But, the reality is that many people have been doxxed here.

There may be a false sense of security here, because one feels more comfortable in a crowd of others who are openly talking about sexual topics. But, the reality is that many people have been doxxed here.
You have to give it to the 'Educators' to have a brain that is functional enough to take required precautions.

You have to give it to the 'Educators' to have a brain that is functional enough to take required precautions.

I would assume that any in this thread have not taken the required precautions. And, quite honestly, I’m appalled that you work with children.

Back