Down again?

Down Friday night into Saturday morning?

-Z

Still down in the afternoon. The optimist in me says they're putting up CHYOO 3.0. Unfortunately, my pessimist clubbed my optimist with the lead pipe in the conservatory two years ago. . The optimist died.

Brett

Who knows. Bug fixes, a new interface, forgotten password retrieval, whatever. I'm not holding my breath. At least we have moderators. We didn't for a year.

Still down in the afternoon. The optimist in me says they're putting up CHYOO 3.0. Unfortunately, my pessimist clubbed my optimist with the lead pipe in the conservatory two years ago. . The optimist died.

Brett

So do you have that wiki chyoo solution in your back pocket?

-Z.

So do you have that wiki chyoo solution in your back pocket?

-Z.

I have my PHP-Wiki, which I use to write my own stories. It's not public. There are public free Wikis that would work.

thank god...

thought i was the only one having this problem. glad to know i wasn't banned from the site or something of that nature.

i think chyoo3 should be html friendly and maybe like have a coverpage for like art...

Holy shit! CHYOO!!!

I forgot about this place!!! I used to use Chyoo all the damn time!!!

HAHA!

/but... it's not working... damnit?

Who actually owns the server? Or even the domain? If nobody is updating chyoo, is doesn't someone still have to pay the fees and do maintenance?

Who actually owns the server? Or even the domain? If nobody is updating chyoo, is doesn't someone still have to pay the fees and do maintenance?

It's owned by Literotica.com. I'm sure they bought several years of domain service. It's easy to keep things going without needing to change the software.

I'm still trying to get a handle on how this works...if the moderators are different folks than the admins, and it sounds like don't even have much/any contact with the admins, how did this happen? How did people become moderators in the first place, and why doesn't Literotica seem to give a hoot about Chyoo?

I'm still trying to get a handle on how this works...if the moderators are different folks than the admins, and it sounds like don't even have much/any contact with the admins, how did this happen? How did people become moderators in the first place, and why doesn't Literotica seem to give a hoot about Chyoo?

Making moderators was the absolute minimum the admins could do to keep everyone from bolting to a new server. Stories hadn't been approved in a year. CHYOO.net was building up. In their smartest move, they picked about 4-6 devouted authors, and gave them moderator privileges.

No, we don't have contact with the admins. We just have enough powers to approve new stories, do minor editing, and assign new editors to abandoned stories. I can't even give someone a new password.

Chyoo generates no income for them. Literotica is supported by ad income. Chyoo has no ads. Fixing problems with Chyoo doesn't make them any money.

Personally, I don't think Chyoo is horrible. It chugs along nicely. Good content, not so busy that I can't keep up with the stories I like.

this is bullshit! I haven't been inspired to write in such a long time, and when I finally am once again the site is down. Maybe there really is a prudishly moral God?

Irony is supposed to make me happy. This sucks.

Time for a fund drive?

Maybe we could have a fund drive like public television? :)

That sounds like a good storyline for Chyoo Crossover.

-Z.

Yeah I could stand a banner or two as well, anyone who's been online for more than a week is anaethetised to them anyway. It's a bust about the site being down, I got stuff I'm waiting to post. It had better be up within 6 days - my gf is going away next weekend and I can finally do some serious writing!!! I will be very disappointed if I can't post any of my new work...

Ditto, I have a couple more threads ready and more thread ideas for Comforting the Roommate

Yeah, I've got a sex scene with a non-human hippanthrope to post. And about another dozen half-written threads.

In my youthful exuberance and idealism, I emailed a Literatica admin to ask what's going on. I hope I hear back!

i got bored...

so i created a new picture for a story i'm thinking of submitting. it could be better... probably will be when time allows.

Back