"Doctor Who: Powers of Ten" (OOC)

Here's a curious question, y'all.

Given Var's rather unorthodox Companion choice, which promises to be quite brilliant in the long term, what other quizzical crossovers would you not mind seeing? This is all purely theoretical, no plans to put them in the thread, just... What impossible person would you love to see run with Ten, or another Doctor?

I've seen interesting fanart for some "Buffy"/Ten stuff, and "Smallville"/Ten. Also, "Timelines & Bylines" was a marvellous fanfic with Lois from "Smallville" as a Ten Companion.

I think I'd be most intrigued by a Ten crossover featuring Kimiko Ross from "Dresden Codak" and Benton Fraser from "Due South."

That would be pretty out there.

What else we got?

Terminator. They already timetravel. usually only backwards, but in Sarah Commer Chronicles they went forward. Skipping over Sarah's death from cancer.

and Summer Glau, who plays Cameron on the show is damn fine looking.

And so is John Conner

Here's a curious question, y'all.

Given Var's rather unorthodox Companion choice, which promises to be quite brilliant in the long term, what other quizzical crossovers would you not mind seeing? This is all purely theoretical, no plans to put them in the thread, just... What impossible person would you love to see run with Ten, or another Doctor?

I've seen interesting fanart for some "Buffy"/Ten stuff, and "Smallville"/Ten. Also, "Timelines & Bylines" was a marvellous fanfic with Lois from "Smallville" as a Ten Companion.

I think I'd be most intrigued by a Ten crossover featuring Kimiko Ross from "Dresden Codak" and Benton Fraser from "Due South."

That would be pretty out there.

What else we got?

Death.... not sure if I'd prefer Terry Pratchett's Discworld Death or Neil Gaiman's The Sandman Death as both would promise to be amusing (think I'm personally leaning toward Discworld though) ...

"Hold on... Are you actually talking in ALL CAPS?" "YES" "..and in bold print at that..."

Though it's hard not to get into a mary sue streak.. like wanting to put my own chars in the mix... like Neeca(who's actually of a race that exist almost solely on the perception of others, but used to be perceived as a goddess of various things over a grand many millenniums) .. don't think she'd particularly like the Doctor.. he'd probably perceive her as she is.. which in her words would be 'no fun'.

It's probably been done in canon for all I know... but Sherlock Holmes ^_^ would also be fun..

Stargate SG1/ Who crossover?

Death.... not sure if I'd prefer Terry Pratchett's Discworld Death or Neil Gaiman's The Sandman Death as both would promise to be amusing (think I'm personally leaning toward Discworld though) ...

"Hold on... Are you actually talking in ALL CAPS?" "YES" "..and in bold print at that..."

Though it's hard not to get into a mary sue streak.. like wanting to put my own chars in the mix... like Neeca(who's actually of a race that exist almost solely on the perception of others, but used to be perceived as a goddess of various things over a grand many millenniums) .. don't think she'd particularly like the Doctor.. he'd probably perceive her as she is.. which in her words would be 'no fun'.

It's probably been done in canon for all I know... but Sherlock Holmes ^_^ would also be fun..

Stargate SG1/ Who crossover?

Death and Ten. Iiiiiinteresting.

Now, bear with me, I've never read Discworld but it strikes me that that world's version of Death is like a cross between Gaiman's Death of The Endless and the Horseman of Death from Pratchett and Gaiman's Good Omens? That would be pretty cool.

And, really, I didn't think of that, but I suppose original characters are fair game. :: chuckles softly :: I've done a bit of that, myself, in the "Legion" thread of "LDoK," him running around with a grand-daughter co-created by me and Abraxas Winterlight. I joked once that I'd like to be a Companion of The Doctor, except I'd be played by Allison Mack...

Mostly because she's pretty and is a good singer and I'd like to be both of those things, so, wish fulfillment.

Necca strikes me as being sort of Faerie, yeah? She's got glamours that hide her true form? Doc'd probably have a cognitive dissonance thing with her, seeing her as she presents herself and as her true self, kind of like seeing inside the box and noticing that Schrödinger's Cat is both alive and dead. That, I gotta admit, that would be intriguing.

Sherlock Holmes would be fun! And I guess he's been done in the extended fictions, though never in canon. (I think Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was mentioned in Seven's "Ghost Light," and Four wears a Sherlock hat in "The Talons of Weng-Chiang," which itself gets referenced in the comics at least once.)

...and now I want to see Christopher Judge and Claudia Black on "Who." (This must be sorted.)

As for Kara Thrace, I guess she'd have her place. She'd probably have the same relationship with The Doc that Leela had, and I imagine T'Pol will probably have, in which she'd lend a little unpredictable action-packed excitement to Doc's existence, and he in turn teaches her a thing or three that brings out the humanity in her, makes her a little less... primitive?

I dunno.

Fun ideas! Exciting!

Terminator. They already timetravel. usually only backwards, but in Sarah Commer Chronicles they went forward. Skipping over Sarah's death from cancer.

and Summer Glau, who plays Cameron on the show is damn fine looking.

And so is John Conner

I liked the kid that played John, when he was on "Heroes?" I was pretty excited that he got his "own" show. And Summer is always fun to watch, though with the episode of "Sarah Connor Chronicles" I watched, I wanted her to just be River Tam, heh.

(River Tam, River Song, huh.)

I guess that Terminators for The Doctor would be like Reverse Cybermen, metal bodies sheathed in flesh as opposed to human brains clad in steel. Essentially the same effect, though, soulless automatons searching and destroying.

I could see Doc reluctantly befriending one, "unlocking" its CPU like with Uncle Bob in "T2," giving it sentience and teaching it conscience as best as he can, trying to spread this like a virus amongst SkyNet's spawn, and eventually leading an army of those guys back to SkyNet to shut the thing down, offering it one last chance to stop the carnage before hoisting it on its own petard.

He'd probably also have an insight on SkyNet's resiliency despite altered timelines, the seemingly fixed-event nature of SkyNet within The Infinite Temporal Flux, and the wibbly-wobbly aspect of the first Terminator from "T1" being the seed that grew into SkyNet itself, time loops and so forth.

(Okay, that one got away from me.)

Drops the kitty to case the shiney..

"ohhh.. shi.."

Ieee... "Puppy!!!"

Screaming she chases the frightened puppy.:eek:

My cat, Snuggles, thinks you're both certifiable... or perhaps she's glaring because I just glompified her lol (I didn't name her, but it amuses me constantly that she rarely enjoys her namesake)

Death and Ten. Iiiiiinteresting.

Now, bear with me, I've never read Discworld but it strikes me that that world's version of Death is like a cross between Gaiman's Death of The Endless and the Horseman of Death from Pratchett and Gaiman's Good Omens? That would be pretty cool.

I have yet to read Good Omens so I have no idea... and as for the Discworld series... well I've only read The Colour of Magic so far(which does have Death in it to my fangirlish glee) but I've watched The Hogfather miniseries on tv(which has a great deal of Death in it) and I suggest that for your curiousity appeasing needs ..anyways... clip! (spoilerific actually now that I think about it *shrugs*)

..but the little comment on bold CAPS is that..well that's all he really does speak in in the series..and it makes me squee

Neeca strikes me as being sort of Faerie, yeah? She's got glamours that hide her true form? Doc'd probably have a cognitive dissonance thing with her, seeing her as she presents herself and as her true self, kind of like seeing inside the box and noticing that Schrödinger's Cat is both alive and dead. That, I gotta admit, that would be intriguing.

sort of? not quite.. Faerie is a popular thing she has been perceived to be. ..lol I never did go about creating a name for what she actually was. But how she's perceived isn't as simple as glamours and all that. For one, she has no real control over it all. Nearly her entire being is based on the strength of belief and how many believe it. If fifty people believed her to wholeheartedly be nothing more than a normal housewife, when she is around those fifty people, that is what she is...and if she stayed around them long enough, she'd forget that she was ever anything else until enough distance and time was gained to give her the chance to change.

That sort of thing was what led to her being a goddess in the first place(it helped that there were more of her race about then and so people believed quite easily in amazing things like that) and well if she has a few million people believing that she's nearly infinite in capabilities for millions of years.... I'm rambling. .. Still she's convinced that what she truly is has to be incredibly boring.. hence her reaction. That and she's addicted to the power that comes with being believed she has power(about a century clean... but still)

Anyways... DW/Terminator crossover makes me giggle.

Last edited:
Drops the kitty to case the shiney..

"ohhh.. shi.."

Ieee... "Puppy!!!"

Screaming she chases the frightened puppy.:eek:

...puppy runs home to Alpha, agh!

w9eHHfn.jpg

Last edited:
My cat, Snuggles, thinks you're both certifiable... or perhaps she's glaring because I just glompified her lol (I didn't name her, but it amuses me constantly that she rarely enjoys her namesake)

Most of my three cats are cuddlemuffins. Particularly the girl black cat, she'll actually lead me upstairs when Cuddle Time is Imminent.

Be careful not to overlove the orange one, however, overstim makes him mucho nutty.

I have yet to read Good Omens so I have no idea... and as for the Discworld series... well I've only read The Colour of Magic so far(which does have Death in it to my fangirlish glee) but I've watched The Hogfather miniseries on tv(which has a great deal of Death in it) and I suggest that for your curiousity appeasing needs ..anyways... clip! (spoilerific actually now that I think about it *shrugs*)

..but the little comment on bold CAPS is that..well that's all he really does speak in in the series..and it makes me squee

I dun remember if he speaks in boldface, but definitely all caps!

The Horsemen take the form of a biker gang, and at one point as they're riding around the countryside, joined by other bikers who think they're bad-ass, there's some sort of trivia contest, and one of the questions is the date of Elvis Presley's demise...

"I DON'T CARE WHAT IT SAYS," the biker in black intoned, "I NEVER LAID A FINGER ON HIM."

That always makes me grin. Grin my hinder off.

sort of? not quite.. Faerie is a popular thing she has been perceived to be. ..lol I never did go about creating a name for what she actually was. But how she's perceived isn't as simple as glamours and all that. For one, she has no real control over it all. Nearly her entire being is based on the strength of belief and how many believe it. If fifty people believed her to wholeheartedly be nothing more than a normal housewife, when she is around those fifty people, that is what she is...and if she stayed around them long enough, she'd forget that she was ever anything else until enough distance and time was gained to give her the chance to change.

That sort of thing was what led to her being a goddess in the first place(it helped that there were more of her race about then and so people believed quite easily in amazing things like that) and well if she has a few million people believing that she's nearly infinite in capabilities for millions of years.... I'm rambling. .. Still she's convinced that what she truly is has to be incredibly boring.. hence her reaction. That and she's addicted to the power that comes with being believed she has power(about a century clean... but still)

That kind of makes me wonder what would happen if she met someone who had no idea what to make of her. Or ran into two people simultaneously that equally believed mutually contradictory notions...

Man, that sounds uncomfortable. But I do want to meet her sometime. "Perception defines reality" does seem like a rather "DW" concept to tackle.

Anyways... DW/Terminator crossover makes me giggle.

APROPOS VIDEO CLIIIIIIIIIIIP!

he looks more like the Squire of Gothos...

It's a good thing Trelane is one of my all-time favourite "Trek" antagonists, or I'd have to interpret that as you mocking Bruce.

You're not mocking Bruce, are you, Var? (Don't make me get Mephistophelily.)

me? Mock THE BRUCE? hell no.

i might pick on him once in a while, but i'd never mock him.

besides he looks kinda cute in frills and ruffles.

Back