"Doctor Who: Powers of Ten" (OOC)

Hhhhmmmmm...
I am reading through old posts on this thread and loving each of you takes on the series at the time it was written and anxious to see if there is still the spark of energy in this old thread... just enough that if i lend a bit of myself, say ten years, that it would get going again...

I am glad that you enjoyed what transpired in this thread.

But it very much ran aground for me for a multiplicity of reasons and I regretfully have resigned it to gather dust on a shelf in Professor Chronotis' office.

Thank you for reading.

It means the world to me that you did.

Yeah the pilot got leaked. and the CW isn't happy about it because it seems that it was pretty complete.

Doctor Who

My favorite Doctor was number 4 Tom Baker. He was the longest running Doctor Who. He even had another time load with him for a while she even regenerated. You also met K9 with him. You learn the Tardis was endless floors an rooms.

My favorite Doctor was number 4 Tom Baker. He was the longest running Doctor Who. He even had another time load with him for a while she even regenerated. You also met K9 with him. You learn the Tardis was endless floors an rooms.

Baker was brilliant. He was iconic.

Romana was gorgeous and I almost share a birthday with her second incarnation.

K-9 is my favorite funny talking animal, but don't tell Captain Jack the Cat.

The TARDIS is functionally endless. Yes, her interior space has limits, but they're pretty enormous and because The TARDIS can also shapeshift her interior in time and in space, you never find the end.

It made it to the torrents!

I haven't seen "The Flash" pilot yet but I saw the one for "Constantine."

AND THAT WAS AWESOME

Not, you know, perfect.

And I still flinch when they say "teen" instead of "tyne."

And it's weird that they can't show him actually smoking.

But oh heeheehee it's got so much potential I could burst.

I havent gotten the Constantine pilot yet, but part of that is because of how much I hate the New 52 'Dark Justice League'. Not the show's fault...I just feel so betrayed

sobs

It's okay, sweets.

So far it seems to be drawing mostly from "Hellblazer."

If they're going to give The Joker fucking Vandal Savage immortality, they better be doing something to balance the scales.

...this also explains why Darkseid totally didn't call Bats' bluff when he threatened to blow up Apokolips to get Supergirl back. Yeah, Uxas said it was because Bats was human, but nobody destroys a world to save a pretty blonde girl quite like a Time Lord.

You don't have to convince me that DC is determined to make the wrong decisions at every possible opportunity.
(though it isn't clear if they really will do that to Mr. J...but, given their history, one can only assume...)
And they wonder why the only DC title I read is Batgirl.
(and maybe the upcoming Black Canary)
(maybe)

(also, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is fucking awesome...and not DC)
(Also...hate Diana's new costume)
(Also...hate the Finches)
(Hate them)
(a lot)

DC *eventually* made the right decision in pulling that Joker variant cover of that issue of "Batgirl." But overall, yeah. I still love the characters, but not the stories they're in right now.

I actually don't hate Diana's current vestments. They're not as sweet and groundbreaking as the redesign for JMS' run, I always loved that outfit despite popular outcry.

I didn't know Squirrel Girl had her own series! I must have this!

Everyone, please join me in wishing a happiest of birthdays to David John McDonald.

He's 39 today.

Also, he's this guy:

TheDoctor-1.jpg

He's 44 today.

I can't believe this was five years ago...!

HAppy birth everyone and all. especially those that are no longer with us.

Back