Do you ever post in a 'vanilla' section to wind up haters?

OpenMouth

Literotica Guru
Like posting hot cuckold scenes in loving wives just to get a reaction out of repressed religious fundamentalists?

:D

Haha, not intentionally but I did post a story in LW with a bisexual husband and a wife who engages in a lesbian affair and wooooah didn't that upset some people!

I also posted a story in novels in which the main male character is heteroflexible and kinky and when I submitted chapter two, the rating on chapter one was in the 2's.

I haven't aimed to perturb category stalwarts but I've posted pieces I knew or suspected would not be well-received but that captured many more eyeballs than if relegated to little-read but friendlier realms. IOW fuck-em if they can't take a joke. :D

I have written all different types of LW stories just to see what would happen, there are always haters, lovers and neutrals out there and it depends on the type of story as to which they are.

Then most spectacular response was on my Reality story. Be prepared to shocked, maybe even disgusted, especially by the comments. :eek:

Like posting hot cuckold scenes in loving wives just to get a reaction out of repressed religious fundamentalists?

I have not...but it sounds like something I would do.

off to contemplate writing something just to stir up shit...

No, I don't post stories here just to wind up haters. That's not the sort of game I play with my writing. Also, I figure if you purposely rile them up, yours aren't going to be the only stories that suffer.

Seems to me that just about any section here short of Non-Erotic could draw a reaction from that demographic, so in that sense...

So the solution for trolling asshole readers is trolling asshole writers?

The real solution is for writers to post better stories in LW. Leave the junior high school antics out of it.

rj

The real solution is for writers to post better stories in LW. Leave the junior high school antics out of it.

rj

Well then tell us rj, what type of LW story is a better story?

i'm not familiar enough with which whackos lurk in which area to try to bait them. i mainly just post to get the story off of my hard drive. besides, my old mother used to have a saying: the more you stir shit the worse it stinks.

rj

It doesn't matter whether a story posted to LW is 'better'. By readers' definitions in that category there is no one type of story that is 'better'. What will appeal to a significant LW group will irritate another.

I'm not sure I understand. If it's posting something that readers of a particular category may not expect (but still properly in that category) then that seems fine. But I wouldn't knowingly post in the wrong category. I aim to be as straight with my (very very very few) readers as possible.

But I'm not judging of course. I can see the appeal of being a little surprising. To each their own.

I'm not sure I understand. If it's posting something that readers of a particular category may not expect (but still properly in that category) then that seems fine. But I wouldn't knowingly post in the wrong category. I aim to be as straight with my (very very very few) readers as possible.

But I'm not judging of course. I can see the appeal of being a little surprising. To each their own.

I sometimes put stories in the wrong category but not intentionally. It can be difficult to choose which category is most appropriate. But my decision to put BTB Chapel in Loving Wives was deliberate. I knew it would upset some LW readers but the category was the right one. The only other possibility was Humor and Satire but putting it there would have telegraphed the ending.

I don't think I can write a LW story without winding-up a significant proportion of the readers of that category.

I sometimes put stories in the wrong category but not intentionally. It can be difficult to choose which category is most appropriate. But my decision to put BTB Chapel in Loving Wives was deliberate. I knew it would upset some LW readers but the category was the right one. The only other possibility was Humor and Satire but putting it there would have telegraphed the ending.

I don't think I can write a LW story without winding-up a significant proportion of the readers of that category.

I did something like this a while back when I didn't fully appreciate how the LW audience operated. I wrote a spoof of a BTB story that ended up not being a BTB story. I got trashed. But I also got some appreciative comments, even a few favorites, and I probably had more readers than I would have if it had been published in Humor and Satire. It wasn't really my intention to "poke the beast," so to speak, but I did, and I can't say I regret it.

Well then tell us rj, what type of LW story is a better story?

Easy. Here's two links for you. One an announcement of stories written specifically for Loving Wives Legends Day, and Loving Wives Legends Day II organized by blackrandl1958:

https://www.literotica.com/s/mark-your-calendar-march-17th-is-legends-day

https://www.literotica.com/s/legends-day-ii-the-return

Both events were this year. Legends I included 25 new LW stories by top Literotica writers...legends here. Legends II included 18 LW stories also by legends of Literotica.

You could also look at the work of a writer with many recent LW stories. He's already doing what I suggested by writing better stories for LW. His name is Zeb Carter.

Thanks for that.

rj

It doesn't matter whether a story posted to LW is 'better'. By readers' definitions in that category there is no one type of story that is 'better'. What will appeal to a significant LW group will irritate another.

LW doesn't need a better TYPE of story. I'm speaking of better STORIES. Crowd out the garbage with better written stories with more 3 dimensional characters. There are lots of writers who do this now in LW.

You might need a refresher about LW. Out of your hundreds of Lit stories only two are in LW and those are 14 years old.

rj

I haven't done LW. I was going to, but wandered in and read the stories to see if mine fit and decided to stick it over in "Group" instead no matter what the label next to the category name said.

However, once upon a time my inner 13-year-old came out to play and I tried out an incest tale for giggles. After a three screen build up, in which I turned the Bible into a pulpit promulgating incest among other things (Just who DID Seth father Enos on and Cain Enoch?), I turned big bad brother into a three pump chump. But, hey. He was a virgin and hot little sis had been working on seducing him for three hours. (As well as a few other psychological tricks to "prime the pump" like a near death experience on the way to church.)

Anyway, my point is that if a "surprise" ending (which isn't really since it dovetails with what came before) fits the category, then I don't see the problem with writing it that way so long as you are prepared to take the lumps on votes and following.

I haven’t checked these myself, but there are a couple that both won contests and an editor’s choice green E. They should be good ones.

Exactly. There are lots of good stories and great writers in LW. That's why I've never understood all the whining that goes on in AH about how bad LW is.

There's some real crap in every category. Stuff that should never see the light of day. There's also some outstanding work in every category.

A good story is a good story no matter what the subject matter.

rj

Exactly. There are lots of good stories and great writers in LW. That's why I've never understood all the whining that goes on in AH about how bad LW is.

There's some real crap in every category. Stuff that should never see the light of day. There's also some outstanding work in every category.

A good story is a good story no matter what the subject matter.

rj

For starts, maybe you should read what is being said, instead of what you want to hear. The complaints are about the large number of trolls reading in one category. And why would a story that winds up said trolls not be a good story? There you go assuming one more thing.

For starts, maybe you should read what is being said, instead of what you want to hear. The complaints are about the large number of trolls reading in one category. And why would a story that winds up said trolls not be a good story? There you go assuming one more thing.

I understand the complaints. Since when did the best defense against asshole troll readers mean becoming an asshole troll writer? It's not meant to end well, is it?

Yes, I also understand that a story written to push a lot of negative buttons could also be a good story, but I'll go ahead and assume that was not the objective and that is not usually the result.

Maybe it would be interesting for BOTH of us to actually read the LW stories by professed troll writers and see if they are well written stories with good character development.

I'll start.

rj

Back