Do Republicans appreciate what losing Roe V Wade will do to them?

The left are the people that when a fight starts, need to stay on the sidelines because all they do is destroy any cause they touch. They ruined Metoo in record time, but that's only because the men on the left, are men, and there was no way that cause was going to stick around, right Cuomo brothers?
The Left has whole heartedly embraced progressivism. Progressivism is nothing more than chaos by those who reach out their tiny unclean hands and steal. Failure to allow them to do this will result in them committing the actual violence they claim is being perpetrated upon them but cannot prove except by warping definitions and reality.

The Left has whole heartedly embraced progressivism. Progressivism is nothing more than chaos by those who reach out their tiny unclean hands and steal. Failure to allow them to do this will result in them committing the actual violence they claim is being perpetrated upon them but cannot prove except by warping definitions and reality.
Progressives exist because we had centuries of progress, in sanitation, medicine, civil rights, etc. Admitting we won't have more progress can be very difficult, especially for people employed by progressive institutions. We're in a negative returns phase. That could take a few more years or decades until faith in progress finally burns out. Then we start salvaging and repairing what's left in the wreckage.

So, why is REgressing on civil rights- taking them away- and REgressing in sanitation and medicine a noble or good thing?

I mean, I ask this as a serious question in search of a serious answer. Because I honestly don't get it. Not trying to troll, I am just wondering, and looking for an intelligent response (i.e. not "medicine, civil rights, etc is MARXISM." That is not intelligent.)

Because it seems like people seem to WANT rights taken away, sanitation taken away, environmental protections taken away, and thereby to live in a less free, more oppressive, less racially tolerant and less healthy society. Why would anyone possibly want that??

Again, I'm looking for a logical explanation. I am assuming most people are decent enough human beings to NOT want that.

Keep in mind I say this as someone very much pro choice and for women's rights, which is why I see the shit show the left has made this. End of the day all you need to know about the left is they're the party that claims support of women, LGBT and anti racism...then they bow down to Muslims, the most sexist, homophobic, racist people on the planet...then proceed to attack Christians, who unlike Islam has progressed beyond putting people to death for being gay, and rape is seen as a crime.
I'm sure you've got numerous examples to share with us of the American left "attacking Christians". Go ahead, I'll wait...

Just before RW was over turned a poll showed a decent number of republicans were against it being done. Now whether that's because many of them are younger and don't see it as big of an issue, or they knew it would galvanize the left's base and not be good strategically, I'm sure its a mix.

Having said that, the feds wiped this from their hands to the state level, which in turn is going to heat up the governors races.

The issue is while everyone yammers about the republicans-wow, what a shock in this libtard infested forum-the democrats, as usual, looked far worse.

We had to have the screaming, the threatening of SCOTUS judges, protesting outside their houses, and looking like foot stomping little kids, instead of adults gearing up to fight for a cause.

Also, and I'll keep saying this. You can't say you defend women's rights as a party, when you're catering to the idiots who want to rid the language of the words women, female, girlfriend, coed, anything that implies a woman.

So how seriously can they be taken?

Keep in mind I say this as someone very much pro choice and for women's rights, which is why I see the shit show the left has made this. End of the day all you need to know about the left is they're the party that claims support of women, LGBT and anti racism...then they bow down to Muslims, the most sexist, homophobic, racist people on the planet...then proceed to attack Christians, who unlike Islam has progressed beyond putting people to death for being gay, and rape is seen as a crime.

Overall while indoctrinated morons, and fake outraged to make themselves look woke idiots, push this on the right, the right for better or worse shows consistency, where as the left are hypocrites who care about votes in congress, and who cares about getting a chance to scream and rage on the voting base, but end of the day have no conviction in anything

That's a big part of why people, including those who have identified as democrats in the past, have had it. All it is is virtue signaling smoke and hypocrisy.

The left are the people that when a fight starts, need to stay on the sidelines because all they do is destroy any cause they touch. They ruined Metoo in record time, but that's only because the men on the left, are men, and there was no way that cause was going to stick around, right Cuomo brothers?
That's a real long winded way of saying that you hate the left and are glad abortion is being banned in multiple states

So, why is REgressing on civil rights- taking them away- and REgressing in sanitation and medicine a noble or good thing?

I mean, I ask this as a serious question in search of a serious answer. Because I honestly don't get it. Not trying to troll, I am just wondering, and looking for an intelligent response (i.e. not "medicine, civil rights, etc is MARXISM." That is not intelligent.)

Because it seems like people seem to WANT rights taken away, sanitation taken away, environmental protections taken away, and thereby to live in a less free, more oppressive, less racially tolerant and less healthy society. Why would anyone possibly want that??

Again, I'm looking for a logical explanation. I am assuming most people are decent enough human beings to NOT want that.
It's not noble or good, just inevitable. Social movements that last long enough eventually become their opposites. They run out of anything left to achieve and start destroying what they have achieved. For example, anti-racists became racists, instead of just shutting down their fundraising and getting blue collar jobs.

Progressives exist because we had centuries of progress, in sanitation, medicine, civil rights, etc. Admitting we won't have more progress can be very difficult, especially for people employed by progressive institutions. We're in a negative returns phase. That could take a few more years or decades until faith in progress finally burns out. Then we start salvaging and repairing what's left in the wreckage.
Change by threat of a sword isn't progress, it's social blackmail.

We progressed when people had the freedom to innovate. That's what led to improved sanitation and health. More liberty leads to more innovation. More innovation leads to better lives for everyone.

What the progressives want to do is destroy all of that in the name of "saving us." It's unworkable and the threat that we must comply or else only proves how unworkable it is.

We progressed when people had the freedom to innovate. That's what led to improved sanitation and health. More liberty leads to more innovation. More innovation leads to better lives for everyone.

What the progressives want to do is destroy all of that in the name of "saving us." It's unworkable and the threat that we must comply or else only proves how unworkable it is.
Thalidomide.

That's why I vote for reproductive rights as a basic part of liberty. Anti-abortion laws are unworkable.

Numbers 5. Verses 19 through 22:

Then the priest shall make her take an oath, saying, “If no man has lain with you, if you have not turned aside to uncleanness while under your husband’s authority, be immune to this water of bitterness that brings the curse. But if you have gone astray while under your husband’s authority, if you have defiled yourself and some man other than your husband has had intercourse with you,” — let the priest make the woman take the oath of the curse and say to the woman—“the Lord make you an execration and an oath among your people, when the Lord makes your uterus drop, your womb discharge; now may this water that brings the curse enter your bowels and make your womb discharge, your uterus drop!” And the woman shall say, “Amen. Amen.”

Why do Republicans deny the words of the Bible?

Ronald Reagan played the religious right like a virtuoso. He knew that most Americans, including many Republicans, disliked the religious right. He also knew that it was an important constituency whose support could make a difference in a tight election. Therefore, he gave the religious right rhetorical support, while doing nothing to advance its agenda. The three justices he nominated to the Supreme Court voted to preserve Roe vs Wade.

By orchestrating the overturn of Roe vs Wade Donald Trump may have crossed the line of what is wise politically. Time will tall. Roe does not seem to have been a salient issue in the last election.

Evidently you and I didn't see the same election results!
I stand corrected.

------------

The Hill, 1/09/22

Voters in California, Vermont and Michigan on Tuesday approved ballot measures enshrining abortion rights into their state constitutions, while those in the traditionally red states of Montana and Kentucky rejected measures that would have restricted access to reproductive care.

The votes signal support for abortion rights after the Supreme Court in June overturned the landmark 1973 case Roe v. Wade and the constitutional right to the procedure.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ghts-in-all-five-states-with-ballot-measures/

I stand corrected.

------------

The Hill, 1/09/22

Voters in California, Vermont and Michigan on Tuesday approved ballot measures enshrining abortion rights into their state constitutions, while those in the traditionally red states of Montana and Kentucky rejected measures that would have restricted access to reproductive care.

The votes signal support for abortion rights after the Supreme Court in June overturned the landmark 1973 case Roe v. Wade and the constitutional right to the procedure.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ghts-in-all-five-states-with-ballot-measures/
As we predicted they would, after all the SCOTUS returned the issue to the states where it belongs.

As we predicted
You predicted what again? This is about what happened in the election you dumb twit....Sure the states get to control abortion rights. This thread was about how the electorate would "reward" the Republicans for that..... you said "Red Wave!!".......*chuckles*

Poor Wrongway

You predicted what again? This is about what happened in the election you dumb twit....Sure the states get to control abortion rights. This thread was about how the electorate would "reward" the Republicans for that..... you said "Red Wave!!".......*chuckles*

Poor Wrongway
My reply was in regard to John's post which was about abortion rights being advanced in the states, not the thread's original post, Fuzzbutt. :rolleyes:

My reply was in regard to John's post which was about abortion rights being advanced in the states, not the thread's original post, Fuzzbutt. :rolleyes:
Yes I can read......and I don't care if you were answering that Racist piece of shit...my point was, once again you were wrong.
Just pointing out that little factoid.

Such a little school boy you have become since you left with your tail between your ass.
School yard insults, emoticon use, which I guess in your small mind means something...*chuckles*

Yes I can read......and I don't care if you were answering that Racist piece of shit.
What have I ever said about the Negro race that is not true? Post it. Let's discuss it. Let's have a polite discussion about it. Leave your adolescent vulgarity out of it.

What have I ever said about the Negro race that is not true? Post it. Let's discuss it. Let's have a polite discussion about it. Leave your adolescent vulgarity out of it.
Accusing others of "adolescent vulgarity" in a post in which you also use an outdated term that's borderline-offensive today...hmmm.

Back