Discussing your past with someone in your life

JJ82490

Really Experienced
I recognize that this is going on the authors thread. I've done that specifically as I have found that the most appropriate responses occur here. Apologies if this is against any etiquette.

I got inspired today by a story I read and it is motivating me in some ways to have an important discussion with the woman whom I share a relationship with. I am reaching out here because frankly no one in my current life knows about this and I figured if I can't do it to an online room of strangers (albeit very nice ones), I will have a tough time in reality.

I have a bit of a past that I have left behind. I came to Lit as there were experiences of that past that I missed very much (and others I could not get away from fast enough). I had an old friend who suggested Lit and so far, it has been rewarded in feeling like I am "around my people."

With that, if anyone has more personal experience with something of this, please feel free to shoot me a PM. I dont want this to turn into a giant thread but figured this was the best way to start.

Just wanted to update this - thank you to those who had reached out with advice. Much appreciated. Will close this thread now.

Back