Devil's Daughter (closed)

With no words spoken, Zara watched him get up and start to get off the train, along with several other passengers. He was right, she needed a plan and for the most part, she had one.

Would he help if she asked? If he wanted money, she could supply him with some... if they were successful, that is. Would he want to hear her plan? She wasn't sure. Zara was still trying to figure out why he had rescued her from the jail. She hadn't thanked him properly for that yet. He even said he had a plan for himself. What was his plan? He was very bitter toward her and she understood why.

Stepping off the train, Zara looked both ways to see what direction he had gone. It took a few seconds and she saw him walking. She followed from a distance and when he stepped into a small coffee shop. She followed him and when he sat down, she gave him a minute before she sat down next to him. He ordered and the waitress behind the counter saw Zara and gave her a nod, "What about you?"

Zara smiled, "I'll have the same, except, instead of coffee, can I get a soda please?" The waitress nodded as she wrote their order down.

Both their drinks were placed before them after a few minutes. Not one word was spoken between them as they took their first sips. "I have a plan." She said to him in a low voice, "as for what happened back in California, I messed up." That was as close to sorry as she was going to get. She figured he had to look at it from her point of view though... of course she was going to say that to him but figured she had done enough damage already. He was the only person that hadn't tried to kill her so far... or hurt her. Scare her? Yes, he scared her. Hell, she was still scared of him. She knew he could probably kill her in a heartbeat and not blink before going on about his business.

They continued to eat in silence, sans for the chatter around them in the small cafe.

Sitting at the counter of the coffee shop, Cisco did not turn to, or acknowledge the presence of the Devil's Daughter in any way when she sat down next to him. He heard her place her order after him, but just stared straight ahead. He had gone out of his way enough for her.

He heard her say she had a plan, and then say she had messed up in California. He said nothing. He did not acknowledge her words in any way. He sipped his coffee and looked straight ahead; his eyes in the mirror behind the counter... watching everyone who came and went in the coffee shop.

As far as Cisco was concerned, everyone was the enemy right now, because he had no idea who the enemy really was. So, until he knew for sure, everyone was treated with suspicion... even the Devil's Daughter. Despite the fact that he had helped her escape, Cisco wasn't sure who all had met with her in jail. Maybe they made her a promise if she helped them catch him. He wasn't sure, but, until he was sure he could trust her, he would have to keep an eye on her.

When he was finished eating, he placed money on the counter for both of their meals and headed out of the coffee shop. As he was leaving, he picked up a small map of the area. Once outside, he got his bearings and decided to get a cheap hotel to plan his next steps.

Turning to the Devil's Daughter, he looked at her without any emotion. "I am getting a room at the hotel over there. You are welcome to join me... or not... the choice is yours." With that, Cisco headed toward the office to get a room.

Zara was stuffed. This guy ate his food extremely fast and she tried to keep up with him... but she was also hungry so, that didn't help matters much. She followed him as he told her about the hotel and him getting a room.

She walked just behind him on his right at the edge of the sidewalk. "You're very indecisive, aren't you?" She told him.

No answer.

"What I mean by that is you keep saying the choice is mine but it's clear you want me to go with you... maybe?"

Still nothing. Oh well. She didn't push the subject anymore as she continued to walk with him.

It took almost no time for him to get a room from the guy at the hotel. Zara waited inside near the entrance. She wasn't concerned that the guy behind the counter saw her--she was more concerned about anyone seeing her from outside.

Just in case.

The room was pretty spacious as it had the cooler blasting when they stepped inside. There were 2 beds and a TV, along with a small corner desk with one chair. She was still fascinated by hotels as this was her third time staying at one. She had never needed one before her arrival to the US, but by now, she wouldn't mind if she didn't have to use another one after this again.

Just as she was going to see what was on TV, she was grabbed from behind and shoved against the closed door, one arm twisted behind her back. It all happened so fast, she had no time to react or defend herself... great, this is probably where he was going to kill her...

He wasn't sure whether she was trying to get under his skin, but the fact remained that she was being quite annoying. She called Cisco annoying and then tried to qualify it. She said it was clear that he wanted her to go with him, but then said, maybe. He wished she would just make a fucking decision and go with it. He led her to the border, now she could do whatever the fuck she wanted. He had stuck his neck out for her enough.

Walking ahead of her, Cisco went in and got a room at the motel. It was nothing fancy, but it didn't look like a fleabag place either. It would be perfect for getting some rest, figuring out his next steps and then moving on. He was surprised when he turned around that the Devil's Daughter had stepped into the the office area. He shook his head and walked past her and back outside before heading up the stairs and down to the room.

Once he opened the door, Cisco looked around before entering the room. Making sure that there was nothing to be concerned with and that there were no threats, he walked into the room and continued to look around. As soon as he heard the door close, He turned around, grabbed the Devil's Daughter and pinner her, face first, to the door. He wrenched her arm behind her as he held her firmly to the door.

"I have stuck my neck out for you on multiple occasions. I don't need your fucking attitude. At this point, I don't care what you do. If you want to go off on your own, do it. You will not have to worry about me coming after you again. My career... my life are totally fucked up because of what I have done for you. If you are going to go with me, you need to keep your mouth shut and do as I say. The choice is truly yours. Like I said, I don't care if you go with me or not... those are your options, and the conditions."

He released her, and then tossed his bag on the bed nearest to the window. "I am getting a shower and then going to get some sleep. If you are here when I wake up, I will know your decision."

It was near 3AM and Zara hadn't slept. Her mind was racing. In the bed next to hers, she could hear the man breathing... it was slow and steady but she knew he would wake instantly at any other sound she'd make. So she resigned herself to just laying there. Thinking.

She also knew that he didn't want her there. He had said he stuck his neck out for her multiple times. And while yes, that was true, she hadn't asked him to. If he had never found her or just turned her in immediately, he wouldn't be in this predicament at the moment. But of course, there was no use telling him that.

In a way, a very heavy understatement, they got off on the wrong foot. Why didn't he take her in? Maybe she would ask him that in the morning. If anything, he ruined his own career for not going through on what ever orders he had. Her father always followed orders.

That's what got him killed.

And it almost got her killed.

She thought about that night. It was a good night until all that had happened. Her father had made a dinner to celebrate Zara's birthday. Yes, it was just the two of them but that's all they needed...

She hadn't realized she had a few tears run down the side of her face until she sniffled and wiped them away.

Damnit.

With that, she turned over in bed, still fully clothed and had fallen asleep.

In the morning, she would leave. There was no reason to stay...unless?

What if she asked if she could go with him... or better yet, see if he would go with her and she could get who she came for and in the process... clear his name so he could go back to his life and she could get on with his?

He slept. It wasn't a sound sleep, but it was sleep, nonetheless. He needed some rest. He had no idea what was about to happen. He needed to get to Canada and find a place to hunker down and figure out where he was going and what he was going to do.

When he awoke, he was actually surprised to see the Devil's Daughter was still in the room. He had fully expected her to leave while he was asleep. He knew that she had an agenda. He wasn't sure what it was, but he knew that she had entered the US for a reason, and based on what he knew about her father, she wasn't going to stop until she had achieved what she set out to do.... or died trying.

"So, you stayed. I am surprised. The fact that you stayed means that you want something from me, and I don't think that it is that you want me to help you get to Canada. You are up to something, and now that you are without your weapons and anything else that you brought here, you want me to help you."

Without waiting for a response from the Devil's Daughter, he got off the bed and went into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. After spending a few minutes inside, and then washing up a little, he walked out and addressed her again. "You want something to eat? I am going to the coffeeshop next door. What do you want me to bring you back?"

Back